Forums » Title Stripping

List of newest posts

• May 20, 2011 4:25 AM PDT
    • [quote user="concernedconsumer"]i have telephone #'s, bank accounts from my check being cashed, etc...[/quote]

They accepted a personal check? Usually this type of deal ( loan mods, etc ) will only accept cashier's checks. A big red flag that a program may be a scam.

What were the names of the owners? And how about the office address?

It seems unlikely that you would be the only one in this position. What have you done to secure a refund so far?

Sending a copy of your Attorney General complaint to the owners prior to filing it is usually a very good way to start an otherwise stalled refund process.

• May 19, 2011 11:35 PM PDT
    • Wow, if there is anything at all to focus on when it comes to the business world in general, it is the scams. It never fails to leave me in awe when I see how many different ways and opportunities for scams to take place. Sorry to anyone ankle deep in this cow patty, and I hope it all works out in the end. If I'm understanding this correctly, people got scammed by one company and then another came along in the form of a lawsuit to help them. Then, when they paid to enter the lawsuit, they got scammed again? Is that basically it in laymen's terms?

• May 19, 2011 2:57 PM PDT
    • Watchdog-I just noticed that you have also commented on the regenerect thread. Did you know the owners of genesis financial are also involved in this company as well. Their office was always stock piled with there brochures. weird to have in an office thats supposed to be doing class action work. your opinion?

• May 19, 2011 2:12 PM PDT
    • I havent filed yet because I was hoping to get my money back but im beginning to think it is hopeless and that I will have to just take this battle to court and contact the attorney general. Yes I did keep names of all of the owners, managers, agents, processors involved. i have telephone #'s, bank accounts from my check being cashed, etc...is there anyone else in this position? 

• May 19, 2011 1:50 PM PDT
    • This business screamed "SCAM" from the minute it was first posted.

Submit a complaint to the State's Attorney General. Name everyone involved: addresses, phone numbers used ( silly scam artits, you think cancelling your old cell phone will keep you out of jail? Those pesky cell phone companies archive your calls for years. If not forever ), the bank you drew your cashier's check on.

Submit a complaint to the State Bar about the attorney's involved.

My guess this is a falling out between less than savory partners. Someone didn't get their piece of the pie, now they are angry and lashing out.

Hopefully they can make up. Cellmates make strange bedfellows.

• May 19, 2011 12:54 PM PDT
    • The website now has this warning:

WARNING! DO NOT JOIN ANY CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT THAT REQUESTS MONEY UP FRONT FOR THE CLASS ACTION,

CHAIN OF RESEARCH OF TITLE, SECURITIZATION AUDITS, ETC... CHECK WITH YOUR DISTRICT ATTORNEY AND ATTORNEY GENERAL! BEWARE OF SCAMS!!!!!!

THIS SITE IS HERE TO INFORM ALL CONSUMERS OF THE MANY SCAMS OUT THERE THAT ACCEPT MONEY UP FRONT FOR THESE ITEMS. DO NOT JOIN THE CLASS ACTION!

Who was your contact person at the company and who did you pay? Have you filed a complaint with the attorney general?

• May 19, 2011 12:20 PM PDT
    • Try dialing the number again. I tried today and when i pressed 0 I got another message stating to beware of scam and companies charging upfront fees. I also tried the merslawsuit@jointheclassaction.com and I got an email back recommending me not to join the class action. Have you gone to their website???? check out their website too today! its a total warning about class actions and scams. Yes I have paid up front fees and am trying desperately to get my money back because of the false promises made to me. I cant reach the attorney because the # is just some auto voicemail and the emails are the same way. 

• May 19, 2011 4:43 AM PDT
    • [quote user="concernedconsumer"] Call their phone # now on their www.jointheclassaction.com website and wait till you hear their new voicemail! It warns you not to join their class action or to pay Genesis any money.[/quote]

This is very strange. I called the number ( 949 954 8347 ) on the website and this is what it says:

"This voicemail is to warn all customers to not go ahead and join any class action or pay for any up front services. Do not join the class action. Do not pay for services, for securitization fraud audits or for research of chain of title. Thank you and have a great day."

If you hit 0 after that it still takes you to the voicemail for the Law Offices of William Rawson, and the old message for the JointheClass Action still plays and says if you need immediate assistance call Genesis Financial at: 888 517 1819.

That number plays a messaging saying that  "949 475 1800 has been changed the new number is 877 512 5720". It still goes to Genesis Financial.  I called and the person who answered claims that William Rawson is still the attorney and that the case is still on.

ConcernedConsumer, did you pay them the service fee?

• May 18, 2011 4:02 PM PDT
    • BEWARE OF GENESIS FINANCIAL LLC, COREY KULEK, OR ANY OF ITS ASSOCIATES! This company is stealing peoples money and in return promising to give them a research of chain of title for their mortgages and join them to a MERS class actionlawsuit. They have made promises they can save clients homes and these false promises have left me without a home. The lawsuit is a joke! They have not once shown me or my friend who is also enrolled in this scam anything that shows we are enrolled in the actual lawsuit or "joined" to it. I received no chain of title research. What they tried to pass off as a "research" was merely a "QWR" form that request the loan docs from thebank. Anyone can download a "QWR" online and send it to their bank for free. It is a scam! do not pay for any services from this company or its agents! save your money and hire a real attorney. Their attorneys do not respond to any emails sent to them and do not return any phone calls. Call their phone # now on their www.jointheclassaction.com website and wait till you hear their new voicemail! It warns you not to join their class action or to pay Genesis any money. THIS IS A SCAM! Report them to your District Attorney or Attorney General. 

• May 3, 2011 4:14 AM PDT
    • Hi Wallace, I can see why there is some confusion here, so let me explain to you firstly that it starts with a who, not a what. MERS is an acronym for Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc. They are basically a privately held company based out of Delaware, that runs an electronic registry designed to be something of a database for all servicing rights and ownership of mortgage loans in the United States. They hold I believe around 55 million American mortgages. MersCorp is just a group of crooks made up of the heads of Indy Mac, Countrywide, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Stewart Title Insurance and the American Land Title Association. These guys made a fortune by collecting huge sums of money off of unearned stock and bonuses accumulated off of "mortgage backed securities". They did that by using fake mortgage loans and generating a massive demand for residential homes, thus inflating the home values. It goes beyond that, but that gives you an idea of whom you're dealing with. I hope that helps.

• May 3, 2011 3:30 AM PDT
    • I'm about to go research what a MERS class action lawsuit is, but if anyone can beat me to it and give me the condensed version I'd much appreciate it. As of the date of this posting the site is back up by the way, I'm about to read it and see if that doesn't basically explain it.

• May 2, 2011 4:39 AM PDT
    • [quote user="Jim Heron"]

I spoke to someone at Genesis, the group who does the research and document preparation for JointheClassAction.com and the law firm of William Rawson.

[/quote]

The website "jointheclassaction.com" is down.

The phone number still goes to the law firm of Willam Rawson ( state bar #64505 ) but it still goes to voicemail saying they can't answer due to the amount of calls they are getting for the MERS class action lawsuit.

I did receive a copy of the lawsuit and the name on the suit says Ryan Cloer on behalf of themselves and all others similarly situation, plaintiffs.

Is this legit?

• April 1, 2011 4:52 AM PDT
    • I'm researching this company right now as an alternative to foreclosure.

I spoke to someone at Genesis, the group who does the research and document preparation for JointheClassAction.com and the law firm of William Rawson.

He answered all of my questions, but I am still waiting for the paperwork so I can review it.

The cost is $3000. For the $3000 Genesis does a Chain of Title Search ( Title Stripping ), Forensic Legal analysis of your loan, checks to be sure everything was filed correctly, etc.

The lawsuit is against MERS but it names any bank who used MERS as part of the "DOES"

• March 30, 2011 7:36 AM PDT
    • Yes, I'm referring to JointheClassAction.com in California.

The attorney's name on the website is William Rawson. I have placed several phone calls to the number listed but their message says:

"Due to the high volume of plaintiff regarding the class action lawsuit against mers...we are unable to respond to voicemail at this time...Please email us...if you have an urgent question please contact Genesis Financial at 888 517 1819"

I can't reach anyone.

• March 10, 2011 12:53 AM PST
    • [quote user="MERSClassAction"]

[quote user="WatchDog"]

In what state are you considering a MERS lawsuit?

[/quote]

Irvine, California.

[/quote]

Are you referring to JoinTheClassAction.com?

• March 9, 2011 9:10 AM PST
    • [quote user="WatchDog"]

In what state are you considering a MERS lawsuit?

[/quote]

Irvine, California.

• March 9, 2011 9:06 AM PST
    • In what state are you considering a MERS lawsuit?

• March 9, 2011 7:01 AM PST
    • I have been approached by someone about "Title Stripping" as a way to prevent foreclosure on my home.

They say there is a class action suit against MERS and that if I sign up and pay the fee I will potentially be entered into the class action suit and all foreclosure activity on my house will stop immediately and can't move forward until the MERS lawsuit is resolved.

Is this legit or just another loan mod foreclosure scam?