Forums » BeachBody Complaints

List of newest posts

• May 23, 2012 8:03 AM PDT
    • Well, its been awhile and I guess some things don't change much. For a company you can basically consider legit on paper, these guys have a string of people with messed up or unauthorized orders a mile long. I'm not sure as I have neevr dealt with them, but perhaps there is a quality issue in either their customer service department like a monkey filling boxes with random merchandise. Out of curiosity Dan, did you ever email Curtis? If so, any response? I have a tendency to gravitate toward these topics because I would really like to see some good news, or that a company is willing to fix an error with no cost of any kind to the customer.

I generally refuse to deal with companies that don't have a linguistically coherant customer service department, and in my experience with companies like Vonage, outsourced help is a symptom of the profit over quality philosophy that permeates much of the business world. I am not so ignorant as to demand that the entire world speak English, but in a country with an English speaking government, I expect your chief communicators who are paid to deal with me, to speak decent English. Anyway, best of luck to you Dan.

• May 10, 2012 4:30 AM PDT
    • Curtis, here's a complaint for you.

I received two packages delivered to my home yesterday from BeachBody. Imagine my shock and surprise to find that I did not order nor authorize them.

I called your customer service number to report the incident and it appeared that the call was transferred to India. The representative did not know how to handle my call so transffered me to a supervisor. I was put on hold for an inordinate amount of time and finally hung up.

I am returning the products and exercise equipment to your company in Ohio, am reversing the charges and will be submitting a police report. I have since had to cancel the card that the charges were processed. The credit card company will be processing a fraudulent chargeback to BeachBody. I will also be processing a police report.

Is this the type of company you want to work for?

• August 31, 2010 12:35 AM PDT
    • I agree that what you do is excellent, considering the average customer support for most companies is often lacking. I'm also impressed that you have managed to find this topic as a focus; kudos for that, it seems your company is taking great steps to 'up' its ratings in certain areas and I definitely applaud that alongside watchdog. I am curious however to hear your comments about the above mentioned issues as topics, and to know if there was some truth to the common complaints, and if so; what was the cause?

• August 10, 2010 9:32 AM PDT
    • [quote user="Beachbody"]

My name is Curtis and I work for Beachbody Customer Service.  After reading complaints about our company I’ve personally set out to try and help solve these problems.  I understand how frustrating it can be…especially when it’s about your finances!  Anyone with problems please feel free to email me at custassist@beachbody.com.   Please be patient if I have not responded within 24 hrs as I am the only person checking this email address. This means that you will not have to deal with more than one agent in regards to your account.  Beachbody is a wonderful company with GREAT products.  I look forward to helping solve any problems you may have.

[/quote]

This is probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen. A BeachBody customer service rep going outside the box to post on message boards to offer to help resolve BeachBody Complaints. Kudos, Curtis. I hope your email address doesn't get spammed by spiders that crawl looking for email addresses.

Respect.

• August 10, 2010 6:43 AM PDT
    • My name is Curtis and I work for Beachbody Customer Service.  After reading complaints about our company I’ve personally set out to try and help solve these problems.  I understand how frustrating it can be…especially when it’s about your finances!  Anyone with problems please feel free to email me at custassist@beachbody.com.   Please be patient if I have not responded within 24 hrs as I am the only person checking this email address. This means that you will not have to deal with more than one agent in regards to your account.  Beachbody is a wonderful company with GREAT products.  I look forward to helping solve any problems you may have.

• August 8, 2010 10:29 PM PDT
    • "I feel that for someone to go far enough to write a detailed, negative review of their experience with a company or their products, there must be some truth to their complaints"

This is definitely true. I myself would never file a complaint about any company that I was happy with. Often the process for filing the complaint is even more involved than simply trying to get back your money or whatever other issue you may have. Filing a complaint against any company requires some time and effort, and is generally not undertaken by 'happy campers'

• August 8, 2010 10:04 PM PDT
    • Hi there,

I wasn't trying to imply that there were no positive Beachbody reviews, but I would like to point out that if we are focusing on bias, your second link lead to a Beachbody review that sounds like the kind I was referring to (set up by a distributor). Your last link was interesting, I wasn't aware Beachbody actually provided hypnosis.......I'm not sure I would trust a company that markets products with something like hypnosis.

I'm aware that the links I chose dealt with unhappy customers, but they get to the "nitty gritty" of Beachbody complaints and Beachbody reviews which will give us an accurate depiction of sales practices through the eyes of customers. That's something you obviously can't get through the Beachbody reviews of Beachbody coaches or distributors.

• August 8, 2010 12:51 AM PDT
    • Several of my colleagues have never had any issues ordering from BeachBody or with the quality of their products. Although I am not a BeachBody customer, nor have I actually ordered or used the products themselves, I have found negative reviews on the Internet but not among friends.

Eating right and exercise is the key to getting fit, and there are many helpful programs to help the inexperienced by providing them and effective regiment to follow. Obviously for many people it is helpful, while others may fail the program due to lack of effort, or unrealistic expectations. As far as the company's business practices most of the people I know that used the program have had nothing but positive things to say, and they are all in very good shape and remain motivated to maintain their fitness levels.

• August 8, 2010 12:31 AM PDT
    • I have observed the same Beachbody complaints in my research of this company Patricia, in fact there is even one post I found from a company analyst that suggests the company actually implements bogus charges that rely on a certain percentage of people that would rather accept the charges than to be bothered to send the products back. sadly, I don't think that's necessarily uncommon for most companies, but BeachBody in particular has been described as almost blatantly applying these kinds of practices to up its sales.

As far as the other complaints, they seem very common all over the internet, and it seems unfortunate that a company's business policies show such a contrast to the well recieved products that do seem to generate positive reviews.I guess we will see what the future brings.

• August 7, 2010 8:55 AM PDT
    • Wow... there are some very disgruntled customers from the team beachbody corner. There are complaints from beachbody customers about the fact that you are never given a confirmation number for orders, complaints that the beachbody products are not received in the same promised packages as seen on the product ordering page, complaints that the beachbody company is charging customers for items they never ordered, and a host of other complaints ranging from troubles with the actual beachbody website, to issues with the products themselves.

Oddly enough, there always seems to be a beachbody representative available to direct comments to, or call for resolution... however, it's not coming from Beachbody itself, but from various reps who stumble upon the complaint listings or forum posts on the net.

I hope the company pays them well to hunt down po'd consumers and smooth things over for them.