Forums » Ambit Energy Complaints

List of newest posts

• October 10, 2011 10:53 AM PDT
    • I am into Ambit Energy as a consultant and at the same time a client, so far don't have problems. And first time to read complaints like this. Have he try to figure it out or try to reach the company or even the consultant that invited him to enroll?

• August 31, 2010 2:53 AM PDT
    • I've been reading various complaints about Ambit, all alleging that the company offers low cost energy for the first month, then the price nearly doubles. When the bill isn't paid on time after it doubles, the company tacks on $200 late charges.

Another case reported that a man enrolled in an Ambit energy plan for his mother and her bill went from $80 to $150 per month. I'm not sure exactly how the billing dynamics work, but in one other case, an elederly man was promised in writing a monthly savings on his bill. Not only was the quote not honored, but the company continued to bill him even after he requested a disconnection of service.

• August 10, 2010 1:58 AM PDT
    • Ambit Energy Complaints Forum:

This forum is a place to for complaints and rebuttals about Ambit Energy.

If you have a Ambit Energy complaint, please be concise and explain your complaint in detail.

Rants and complaints that do not appear to have any substance may be removed at the Admin's discression.

• November 8, 2010 11:24 PM PST
    • You never know, I have seen countless complaints all over the internet, but to be fair, I have seen the elderly and a few other occassionally absent-minded individuals completely misunderstand policies. My father in particular is one to have no idea what he's getting until he gets it. So there is the chance that people signed up and ended up disappointed.

Mind you if that's the case then you certainly can count on a customer service/sales rep not making sure the customer understands, as to impede his/her sales. I don't know anyone who works for Ambit personally, but good for your niece if she is prospering. I would remind you though, its your niece who is saying no one is dissappointed, not the customers themselves, though I trust you have a good relationship and trust her.

• September 6, 2010 3:19 AM PDT
    • My niece is an Ambit Energy Consultant. She has 46 customers so far, without a single complaint.

She herself has been on Ambit Energy for almost two years and has had no complaints herself, even with the company going through radical growth.

There doesn't seem to be much to complain about. With Ambit Energy you apparently only pay for KWH usage and the tax. Complaints would seem to be related to dealing with customer service, but as stated above, for herself and her 46 customers, no complaints so far.