Forums » Arbonne Complaints

List of newest posts

• April 25, 2011 1:41 AM PDT
    • So, everyone pretty much adds some really good reviews to these boards, covering all kinds of MLM topics, I mean it pretty much never ends with the details. In the time I've spent here I've learned about what life is like for different reps, different comp plans and different companies but not a whole hell of alot about Arbonne, so I'll talk about a few of the basics but I'd like to focus on the Arbonne rep life, and what its like BEING rep, AKA: Arbonne Consultant. Now this is kind of a silly, since I don't know any, but I'm going to do the best I can based on the trusty old Internet.

Anyone familiar with Arbonne knows they are your run of the mill cosmetics company, honestly, I can say "run of the mill" and its fair. Why because cosmetic companies are a dime a dozen, natural, unnatural, superspecialcureall cosmetics, and basic face painting cosmetics made out of whale blubber. They're all out there floating around trying to recruit and knock each other out of the running.

Arbonne seems to focus only on natural products, which helps them appeal not only to a mainstream market but also to an army of naturalists that are growing in number. You do have the common complaints that Arbonne Cosmetics comes in shoddy packaging, and there are even some reports that their products actually blow up (figuratively) during travel. This has opened the door for a few complaints about ruined clothing, luggage and other things you might now want to have cosmetics smeared on. What kind of cosmetics you ask? RE9 Advanced, and RE9 Advanced for men, neck creams, skin lift gels, muscle relaxation gels, facial renewal creams and eye moisturizers, that's what. In more recent times, the company has added aromatherapy, nutrition, and weight loss products to their catalogue.

So now that we have that out of the way, who sells this stuff? What are they like? Are they happy? Do they feel selling it sucks, or does it totally kick ass? Well one thing we do know about them, they USED to be the only path to the product. That's right, you couldn't get anything from Arbonne without going through a consultant, but that has all changed now. You can go directly to the site and order whatever you want. That is probably not a very good thing for their sales force though, and I'm not exactly sure when that policy changed, or why.

According to some old research of mine, Arbonne consultants a 35% commission on sales which is nice and all, however they are forced to adhere strict guidelines on how to market and sell, which knocks a certain breed of salesperson out of the running, since some people want to use their own web site templates, and marketing strategies. Its possible that Arbonne has loosened the grip a bit since, but I have had a hard time finding information on that specific topic. Arbonne Consultants have made it clear however that they are unhappy that Arbonne doesn't allow consultants to host their own web sites. The company forces consultants to purchase generic seller sites provided by Arbonne. Obviously this interferes with the consultant's ability to generate traffic, which in turn effects sales.

More than this however, there is certainly no shortage of happy Arbonne Consultants according to the Internet, which is a good thing. Now if we can just get a current Arbonne Consultant to come to this thread and correct any of my info on top of giving us their personal opinions on the matter, we will know for sure.