Forums Complaints MLM Complaints
  • Topic: AGLOCO: What went wrong?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 6, 2011 10:10 PM PST
    • AGLOCO: What went wrong?

Nice to meet you all everyone, I'm thrilled that I found these boards because I haven't seen too many places where mlm companies are discussed in detail. I wanted to find out how many people are down with AGLOCO. For those of you that have never heard of the company, AGLOCO was something that was based on another idea from another company that didn't wok out too well. I gave this company a pretty good try but decided with certain conditions I just couldn't hang, and just after I bailed, they folded up shop anyway due to insufficient revenue.

AGLOCO was something like a pay to surf mlm program that made a pretty good start all over the Internet, but was backed by the same team as AllAdvantage which didn't do much for its image since that company took a nose dive.  AllAdvantage had a simple idea: pay people for the hours they spend on the Internet through their browser and market it in an mlm package. What actually ended up happening was an onslaught of what they call "bots" and for all of you that aren't familiar with the term, a bot is a program that can pretend to chat, it can be programmed to surf the Internet, and do any number of tasks on a computer. This had a major impact on the entire program as well as the user-base. It didn't take long for the bots to be detected, and ever newer, more advanced ones to appear.

AGLOCO had a similar concept.

You sign up for the program and install the AGLOCO tool bar which around the time I joined wasn't available yet. You start your browser while the tool bar is running and presumably get your online surfing time recorded. One major contributor to this company's decline was that no matter how much time you spent, you couldn't exceed 5 hours a month, and if that weren't limited enough, AGLOCO had the right to change their rates at anytime. That wasn't good for obvious reasons, but to make it even more unattractive was the fact that your time was divided into shares, not cash but because AGLOCO was a private company in start-up mode, they had no public shares to distribute. Many people believed at the time that this was intentional, but I do not. I think it was a simple design flaw that they just didn't see coming.

When people saw this and began to realize that AGLOCO couldn't legally distribute unregistered shares to the public, then the scam word was thrown around and that really began to mark the end. It was imperative that AGLOCO could get as much public attention as possible, but with those legal bindings, it was impossible to launch the way it needed to in order to be successful. AGLOCO still has an active web site, although it is little more than a collection of spam links for programs that most of us wouldn't bother with.

In the end, a number of people felt that AGLOCO had used every possible tweak to control exactly how much the program's users got in return for their work, which incidentally didn't amount to much. That further ignited the feeling that the company was fronting all along, and they lost what was left of their image on the Internet. Having said all that, I don't think AGLOCO was a scam. It is a poorly conceived scheme that appeals to those who know very little about finance, share issuance and regulation. Even after I left the program, I received this email about 2 months later..

We would like to update you on the status of AGLOCO’s operations. We continue to believe in the AGLOCO concept, but our revenue is currently not sufficient to give Members a meaningful distribution. And though there are increases in membership, the resulting revenue is not enough to support operating costs. As a development team we are unable to continue to use our savings to fund the operations. If any Member would like to pursue continuing the operations of AGLOCO, you may contact us at agloco1@live.com .
      We would like to thank every Member for supporting our effort to bring a piece of the Internet directly to the user. We hope that we can find a way to keep the operations going.

AGLOCO dropping out didn't surprise me, but it did leave me a little disappointed because this was a good idea managed badly, and if I could find something similar in design, I'd like to come up on that, and throw a little something behind it. The program wasn't a scam by any means, but in its current state I'm not sure how successful it could have been because of its history. Now if the concept could somehow be reintroduced with a few modifications, then this mlm might just prove itself as a major player.

• March 8, 2011 12:12 AM PST

Hmm, cool post Yvonne, I actually never heard of these guys until I saw your post. I really like that you're willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but the more I read about them the less I feel they are outside the boundaries of what I might consider an Agloco Scam. It seems to be said often on these boards that when there is no actual product, such as with points, or credits, or what have you, then that is one sign that what you're dealing with is not legitimate, or at the very least, not in functional enough condition to be taking people's cash for start up money. That stupid tool bar STILL doesn't seem to exist, and I don't even know if they are still a company or what, but they are still taking memberships apparently.

Think about the fact that they can change the rates and policies any time and in any way they choose, there is nothing stable about that at all, and when something is introduced in a such a way legally, they can basically give you 1 percent. That's just stupid to get involved knowing things can be turned around on you, and we aren't talking about a mainstream business that simply retains the right to up your fee a few cents or change the cost of a product. These are strangers, with no product, letting you know they can change anything they want, and you need to pay them to join....or so it was planned after launch. Agloco had all of these stipulations that just about paved the way for scamming you, like controlling the value, limiting hours, rates, and being able to kick anyone out at their own discretion. Its very design is something I'd have avoided, but I can definitely see what you mean by pointing out what it 'could' have been..

I think that was a great post, and I appreciated reading it. I haven't done any research to see what else is out there Yvonne, but maybe there is a company just like them without all the bad parts that you could participate in. There is usually 3 or 4 versions of every idea when it comes to MLMs anyway from what I've seen, and this is certainly a decent idea.

• March 9, 2011 1:36 AM PST

I'll tell you what went wrong, how about that? lol

Agloco is dead, don't let the new site fool you, it was a great idea that was managed poorly, and I'm saying that out of kindness. Agloco was just a rehash of other ideas, and some of the people involved in the first run under a different company name had it out to grab your money and run. In the golden age of Agloco, which lasted like 2-3 days, that's what the problem was within the ranks. Unfortunately not everyone that was operating it at the time had any idea that not everyone was onboard with legit intentions. A bunch of the developers ended up going to Webpss.org, which also crashed a year or two later and left them all completely abandoned. Could they be linked? maybe, weird story anyway.

The original version was AllAdvantage, and that too was a big smelly sham, and guess what happened in an equally small amount of time with them....all the members got emails not unlike the one Yvonne pasted, saying the same thing. Do you really think that it wasn't all intentional, or that the deepest most significant people in the ranks of Agloco didn't have it all worked out? Of course they did. They were excellent at picking something everyone and their second cousin Lewis would want to get paid for, and that's doing what we all do flawlessly and with pleasure; surf the net!

Nothing went wrong at all, it was working as intended.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel