Forums Work From Home Business Forums Orovo Forum
  • Topic: OROVO Story

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 19, 2008 3:35 AM PDT
    • OROVO Story

Did you know that your favorite multivitamin or moisturizer has likely been marked up anywhere between 700%-1000%? Consumers beware, you may not be getting what you pay for. Your $30 multivitamin actually costs only $3 to $4 to produce. Not only that, even the leading supplement manufacturers are regularly searching for new, inexpensive and low quality ingredients to help them lower their production costs and boost their profits.

OROVO was created to combat the supplement industry's trend of concerning itself more with profit margins than with people. By cutting corners in the type and quality of their ingredients, these companies are able to create cheap products, market them under false pretenses, and ensure they see the largest, quickest profits they can manage.

When OROVO'S business plan was developed, the founders agreed that first and foremost, they would never cut corners on producing superior products just to see a profit. Instead of focusing on our bottom line, here at OROVO we use extensive testing procedures to ensure that every product we produce is top-of-the-line. We then take a look at our manufacturing costs and price each product as close to this number as possible, giving you access to the best products on the market, at unbeatable prices.

Top Ten SuperFoods

OROVO’S unique and powerful supplements have been formulated using our unique Top 10 SuperFoods blend. The Top 10 SuperFoods were developed after one of OROVO'S founders tuned into a segment of the Oprah show titled, “How to Look 10 Years Younger in 10 Days.” A world renowned dermatologist was featured recommending the daily use of ten "super-foods" to combat the effects of aging and optimize overall health.

Orovo was the first product developed using our unique and patented Top 10 SuperFoods blend. Since the success of this original product, we've expanded our product line to include the most powerful diet pill on the market, a revolutionary detox supplement, a one-of-the-kind multivitamin, and a leading super-juice blend, all formulated with the power and effectiveness of our Top 10 SuperFoods.

The OROVO Opportunity

Creating top-of-the-line products is only one facet of the OROVO Opportunity. To complete our commitment to the customer, we've developed an industry-leading profit sharing program that pays out more that any other networking company you'll find. By utilizing the revolutionary OROVO “top-heavy” matrix, we've taken the best aspects of networking businesses and left behind those that are ineffective and misleading. The OROVO Opportunity is a system that will place you on the road toward financial freedom, and provide you with all the resources to truly "Live Rich."

If you would like more information about OROVO please e-mail me at harold_gardner2272@yahoo.com or visit www.orovoliverich.com.

• July 19, 2008 4:38 AM PDT
    • OROVO Story

Thanks for posting this info but I'm still looking for info on why there is so much secrecy at Orovo about the founders and management.  It seems pretty clear that Orovo is run by Garrett Devore and some of the promotional material on the internet is from Steve Devore, his brother.  Has this relationship been acknowledged?

Have corporate bios been posted for Orovo, and for Garrett Devore specifically?  I ran into difficulty getting straight answers to these questions when I contacted the company directly via their support chat feature ... I posted that experience here ( Why all the Secrecy at Orovo ? ) but never received any responses that gave me any comfort level.

Do you have any of the answers to these questions or can you direct me to any pages online that have the bios or related info or rebuttals?

Cheers

JT

• July 19, 2008 6:29 AM PDT
    • OROVO Story

JT,

I am only an independent associate of Orovo, I am not employed by them.  My contact with the company is limited to e-mail and the chat feature.  Sorry, I do not have the information you are looking for.  I can tell you that I have been an associate for eight months now, and I have no regrets.  I am currently selling Orovo products on three websites and have a downline.  I was very skeptical when I first researched the company.  I wasn't able to get any contact information and could only e-mail them questions (responses took up to 3 days).  Today, you can e-mail or live chat through the website.  I was told last week, by Orovo, that a 1-800 number is going to be available soon.  I am fairly new to the Orovo opportunity, but feel it is a credible opportunity.

Blessings,
      HGardner

Gardner Products and Services
      www.gardnerproductsandservices.com
      www.orovoproducts.com
      www.orovoopportunity.com

• September 5, 2008 9:14 AM PDT
    • OROVO Story

JT,

I myself joined Orovo this May, along with my husband, in a business builder team.  Through a group effort, family/friends, and leveraging the match incentives Orovo provides I was able to put almost 300 people in my mother-in-laws down line.  That one effort opened the door for us to sit down and have dinner with the CEO and COO of Orovo here in Northern Virginia.  The CEOs name is Min Kim.  Both are Korean, but pretty much Americanized.  Min did say that they use American names for simplicity sake, which is very common.  I have not heard of Garrett Devore, except for where the Lab is located in Utah, and that information ony came through the Better Business Bureau.  I do know that they work with a research team and facilities they package their products at are also in Utah, but of the names of those companies and whether or not they are in good standing business wise, I do not know.

I have talked with their Marketing Supervisor as well as their Customer Representative and all are extremely helpful and enthusiastic about helping get the word out about Orovo.  We've even been on a couple Leadership calls with them.  They are fairly new, and their Customer Representative Line (1-877-466-7686) is in the process of growing.  So if you can bare with the growing pains of a new up and coming company I'm sure that any question you have they'd be able to answer. 

I honestly, wasn't as diligent as you were in researching, but my experience with them has been nothing but wonderful.  Having sat down with Min and hearing his visions, why Orovo was started, and who he is personally gave me more confidence than any web site could have provided.  And while I know Mr. Kim isn't able to meet with everyone interested in their company I know he's passionate about providing the best product at the absolute lowest price. 

If there are any questions that I can answer, that Mr. Gardner hasn't already answered, please feel free to contact me.  I'm not "in" the corporation.  I too am only an associate, but have talked with three of the key leaders in Orovo and know that they'd be willing to answer any questions you have about Orovo and the founding of it.  I hope this helps on some level.  My email address is angela@liverichopportunity.com.

Best of Wishes on Every Business Venture,

Angela

www.liverichopportunity.com

www.orovoopportunity.blogspot.com/

• September 5, 2008 9:58 AM PDT
    • OROVO Story

I have not heard of Garrett Devore, except for where the Lab is located in Utah, and that information ony came through the Better Business Bureau. 

I hadn't actually pulled up the BBB report, but I found it here:

http://utah.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=139&bbb=1166&firm=22213772

( you can also go here and search for the term orovo : http://us.bbb.org/WWWRoot/SitePage.aspx?site=113&id=46a6a9cd-5402-454e-9476-e4df22e6f371 )

Orovo, LLC
      Garrett Devore Labs
      96 North 1800 West # 12
      Lindon, UT 84042

BBB Reliability Rating: UNSATISFACTORY
      www.orovo.com
      www.blackstonenutrition.com
      Original Business Start Date: January 2002
      New Owner Date: January 2002
      Principal: Mr Garrett Devore, Registered Agent
      Customer Contact: Mr Garrett Devore, Registered Agent -

Based on the information from the BBB and other websites, it seems like the company has a pretty obvious reason for keeping Garrett Devore's relationship from the distributors and the public.  I've seen enough companies go through a name change to dodge complaints and upset distributors to make me very wary about this company.  No one yet has been able to provide a simple straight answer to that question.

When a company won't originally reveal their executive team and or owners, that's a major red flag.  Garrett's brother ( ? ) Stephen Devore also seems to have published reviews on his Sybervision site.  

The power of the Internet when doing due diligence on a company is the ability to 'connnect the dots' so to speak.

When someone can explain exactly why there has been so little transparency in the past and the relationships between all involved, and why there is so much negative press associated with this company and its founders, I can take it a little more seriously.

• September 5, 2008 1:50 PM PDT
    • OROVO Story

JT,

Ok, I checked out all the sites, but I'm probably not the most savvy business person around.  Actually, most of my family and friends will attest to that, but I will ask a few questions and get back to you.  I'm meeting with their Marketing Manager in Oklahoma City this coming week and will present your questions and get back with you on the information I receive.  

I have questions on the www.findownersearch.com such as: what is the difference between a "brand name owner" and a "company owner".  I know Min mentioned other associates and businesses he worked with to formulate and package the products.  The company is newer and still in a growing phase so the BBB site rating doesn't shock me.  Billing, Delivery, Refund, or Advertising issues are wrinkles every company goes through in their start up phase.  As for the Advertising/Warranty issues I've found that most people don't do enough research on a product before consuming it.  So people with sensitivity to caffeine should be taking the caffeine free supplement, but consumers don't research the ingredients and therefore have adverse side effects.  On the same side of it, I have a family member that thought because there was 120 pills in the product she bought, that she could stretch one bottle out over 4 months.  Again, she wasn't taking the recommended dosage and in return didn't see the results she was looking for. 

The products themselves, I love.  Most of my family and friends have tried them and are continuing to purchase them.  The wisdom that Min shared with us over dinner will always stay with me, and is a foundation when sharing the Orovo products.  He said that everyone that takes Orovo isn't going to process is in the same manner, and therefore will have different results.  My body will metabolize it one way, and my husbands another, but both of us have seen changes.  My husband in weight and myself in sustained energy levels.  That's besides the point...

The Orovo team I've worked with, and have had numerous conversations with, has been wonderful and extremely helpful.  I'm sorry that you've had such a hard time getting a direct answer to your questions.  Again, I'm meeting with a representative in Oklahoma this coming weekend and will have an opportunity to put your questions in front of him.  As soon as I have an answer I will get back with you.  I commend you for doing your research before jumping into a company.  I leapt without looking (sheepish grin), but really have had a wonderful experience.  In the mean time the products are great (if taken as recommended- grin), and the Profit Sharing Program is unlike any other.  Aside from 'who Garrett Devore is and his role or involvement in Orovo' I would definitely in good conscience recommend this company and it's products.  After meeting Mr. Kim and his associates I know that our family made the right decision in starting a business in Orovo. 

If I find anything out sooner I will definitely get back to you, but otherwise I should be able to post something no later than the 22nd of September. 

Thanks for your patience and diligence.  It challenges me to become a more informed Business Associate.

Angela

• September 22, 2008 3:37 PM PDT
    • OROVO Story

Doc & Mr. Heron,

I had the pleasure of meeting with the Vice President and Marketing of Sales for Orovo this weekend, and shared your postings.  I do apologize getting this information to you a day later than promised, but it looks like most of you two’s questions have been answered already.  But to affirm what was asked... Yes, Garrett Devore is a partner with Min Kim in Orovo, but Min handles the running of Orovo on a daily basis.  As to any dealing Garrett has had with other companies in the past, Min is not associated with them, and again is the go to person for Orovo. 

In regards to what you both have posted:  To say that...

The response is ludicrous.  It blames those BBB complaints and the comments on RipOffReport on "Garrett's competitors" and says they are 'lies'.

I humbly say that it does not defy logic.  It happens every day, and usually by one specific person or entity.  Our personal Accountant has gone through such an experience as this, and to him it is not absurd or lame, but reality. 

As to the "Yahoo Answers" and identical stories, I have yet to read such a story on the Orovo site.  From where did these people get their information, for no such thing is posted on the official Orovo website.  Also, when did "how the product came about, or who formulated it" determine the effectiveness of it?  As if that answer could negate the fact that many people, even those I know personally, have seen an improvement in their health, along with other things.

In regards to the posting…

"She admits that Garrett DeVore used to be CEO, that he's a 50% partner, but knows nothing about lipovox, etc.  What kind of business partner doesn't know about your partner's prior history." 

Mr. Kim never suggested he didn't know anything about Lipovox, he specifically said that

"I have nothing to do with lipovox, etc.  I stand for Orovo and only for orovo.  Orovo has NOTHING to do with those companies."

And to what pattern of negative business practices do you refer to?  Assuming you've not done business with him personally, I would presume it was when you called the Support Staff and asked about corporate information.  I wouldn't call this a pattern of negative business practices, but one with a new and growing staff.  Min, with Orovo, has outstanding business practices, and may I say personally from having worked with him and his team, a very strong moral code with excellent integrity. 

Also, it was stated in a post…  

You mentioned that your attorney is trying to change the BBB information – what exactly is incorrect?

It seems that BBB had Orovo mixed in with other companies and cataloged complaints.  Having reviewed further, it seems that what Mr. Kim wrote earlier,

“I know what BBB has on their file and my attorney is trying to change all that currently.  It is not correct information.”

is indeed true.   If you compare the posting on 09-05-2008 you will see that there is a great deal of information that has been updated.  I can attest to the fact that no structural or corporate change has taken place in Orovo, which brings us to the conclusion that the information given on BBB was wrong.  http://utah.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=139&bbb=1166&firm=22222832

And last but not least, and I say this is the meekest of ways, please, I beg you to do your research before bringing up complaints about a company that another person has posted.  I would understand if you had posted a personal complaint, but to quote someone else without researching it thoroughly is unjust on many levels, not only to Orovo & Min, but to the readers.  In regards to the ripoff report that was mentioned…

Hey Min -- there's already a fresh new complaint on RipOffReport from August 21st, 2008 about OROVO -- and it definitely doesn't read like a competitor "telling lies" about your company:  http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/365/RipOff0365563.htm

... it is referring to www.orovostore.com, which is an online distributor located in CA, and not associated with the corporate division of the official Orovo, Orovo LLC.  Yes, the complaint is real, as some are, but it is not in any way directed towards Min and his company, but to the distributor itself.  The distributor even has posted this on his site “All of the views, statements, opinions and claims made by this website represent the sole opinion of The Orovo Store. Orovo LLC is not liable for any of the products sold on this website. The Orovo Store is a reseller of Orovo products and not the manufacturer. All claims made by this website do not in any way represent Orovo LLC. The Orovo Store, its customers, and potential customers waive rights to hold Orovo LLC liable for any issues arising from this website and sale of products. All complaints, returns, and customer support related issues must be made to The Orovo Store *(info@orovostore.com).” *Email address added from the orovostore.com site.

It was an honest mistake, but you can see for yourselves how easy it is to misinterpret and spread misleading information.   How quickly 'bad news' duplicates on the internet is truly amazing, but even worse is when the general public begins reading the same thing (whether it's true, or misleading in this case) and they, with all certainty, assume it is factual.  Excuse my language, but there's a saying in our house "If you throw enough crap on the wall, some of it is bound to stick."  Let's stop throwing, I'll say... 'crap' and get to the true reliable information.  I'd like to see if there is anyone out there who has ordered a product, or taken part in the business opportunity with Orovo as I have and see what they have to say about it (instead of writing hearsay).

Now, gentlemen, you may decide to never join Orovo (and that's ok), or may have been taken aback by information found in diligent research, but please lay aside any indifferences and weigh the facts accurately.  There is nothing you’ve asked about previously that was not answered in all truthfulness and in the utmost respect.  

I say this again, and with a greater affirmation than before, that I am so glad to be a part of this company, Orovo LLC (for clarification), and our family knows with out a shadow of doubt that we have the greatest privilege to be working with such a Wonderful company and with such an Excellent team.

With the Greatest Respect,

Angela

http://www.liverichopportunity.com

http://www.orovo.com/livingrichly

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel