Forums Candle Companies Scentsy Forum
  • Topic: Scentsy bring back my bar

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 27, 2011 11:15 PM PST
    • Scentsy bring back my bar

I was "researching" or ok, actually did a casual search of Scentsy, and came across what I think is actually a really cool idea on Scentsy's part. How many of you have absolutely loved a flavor, a scent, a type of shirt, maybe that old pack of Gatorgum that you just can't have anymore because like many other good things, it's been discontinued. Scentsy has made one particularly cool move in the direction of preventing this from happening, and they call it their annual: "Scentsy bring back my bar" campaign.

What Scentsy does is, they bring back 20 of the most requested scents from people and make them available to anyone in small or large quantities. Its pretty ingenious if you ask me because most people that have the fear of not getting enough of something they really want will have no problem ordering a decent amount of it, which naturally amounts to higher profits for Scentsy. So you and I get our beloved chocolate covered pizza scent, and Scentsy sells in bulk what they couldn't really maintain year round.

Pretty smart right?

Scentsy is one of those companies you will catch me saying good things about, which I admit is rare. Its a simple product, it sells for a reasonable price, and it can be produced with variety, with limitless patterns, holiday themes, and that goes for both the Scentsy Warmer, and the Scent bars. People like things like these because they are easily accessible for people of most financial situations and they also appeal to the collector mentality, and if you hook them, you hook profits.

I can name numerous occasions where a brand, or a flavor or a model of something was no longer available and left me feeling sorry that I hadn't thought ahead of time and grabbed a few either for use or sentimental purposes, and I think a lot of people can relate to that. Scentsy has thought up a pretty cool way to deal with that and give their customers what they want.

I'm impressed.

• March 1, 2011 6:37 AM PST

I think this is a very smart idea, because many people like things they believe can no longer be attained. It is something that can tap into that part of one that wishes to hold what can no longer grasp. Very smart for Scentsy :) I also feel that it is nice for many people to have access to those things because not all popular scents and flavors should be greater than those more obscure ones. One thing that I noticed in the years I have spent in The United States and the UK is that many Western companies are beginning to expand their scents and aromas when it comes to candles, and flavored varieties of air fresheners. I remember two decades ago, it was very difficult to find certain kinds of incense sticks and now they are quite popular and successfully imported. Great for you Scentsy!

• June 15, 2011 9:46 PM PDT

I love the BBMB.  I want the Pineapple Paradise back!!!

• March 31, 2011 12:52 AM PDT

I've been curious about these bars, and I keep reading that they are too strong....I'm kind of amazed by this when I hear it because, the average girl in the city I live has so much perfume on that people in other countries die from the toxicity, so it makes me wonder....if people like this are saying the smell is too strong, it must be BAD!. The problem is, I have actually been wanting to buy some of the scents to burn in my oil burner, but I don't want to if they are completely overpowering, plus I live in a relatively small apartment. So my question is, does anyone have any experience using Scentsy products, and if so, do they have any sweet scents, like grape, or cucumber/melon etc...I don't like floral smells at all, and want something like coconut, or chocolate, or cinnamon, or my most desired of all; cherry....anyone have any info?

• October 20, 2011 6:51 AM PDT

I have yet to try scentsy. I mean...I see it everywhere but I think it is more of a female product. I guess I am not into candles but my wife is. She is in to that and a new mlm...body by vi or something. I guess it is what it is. OPI Axxium Colors

• April 1, 2011 12:19 AM PDT

Hello sir Rick :)

I did a little snooping for you and they have a really nice Cappuccino bar, which I have ordered and it smells a little bit like chocolate, its absolutely heavenly and I can't believe you can only get it a couple times a year.

Here is the deal on Scentsy bars, you can order them separately if you want, and you should have no problem burning them if your oil burner is thick enough, but I would think twice because if it isn't you're going to burn the wax and it might not smell very good. Normally wax breaks down into a vapor, but if its cooked long enough it begins to change, and it might even be hard to clean out of your burner. What if you want to stop using wax and the smells are burnt into it anyway? It may not actually be a bad idea to just order a Scentsy warmer, they are much safer and really cheap! One thing I really like about Scentsy is that you don't have to be a cult member to obtain products.

Here is a list of some scents that I think will be right up your alley.

Cucumber Lime Scentsy Bar $5.00

Baked Apple Pie Scentsy Bar $5.00

Blueberry Cheesecake Scentsy Bar $5.00

Mochadoodle Scentsy Bar $5.00

Sticky Cinnamon Bun Scentsy Bar $5.00

Sugar Cookie Scentsy Bar $5.00

Black Raspberry Vanilla Scentsy Bar $5.00

Sugar Scentsy Bar $5.00

Berry Blush Scentsy Bar $5.00

I saved the best one for last Rick, because I know it will make you happy.......

?

Cherry Limeade Scentsy Bar $5.00

?

• July 20, 2011 12:43 AM PDT

No worries on showing up to the party late :)

I always enjoy a Scentsy post, I suppose because Scentsy is one of those companies that operates in such a way as to give the perfect example of what an MLM company should be. That isn't to say that its perfect, but its what many of us wish most people would think when they imagine an MLM company, or network marketing in general. Anyway, I see you are in fact a Scentsy rep, who just happens to be offering her services, this is good. I'm a fan of sweet scents (err not that I'm not the most masculine machine of a man that has ever walked the earth), but I kind of like it when a room smells a little like candy. Even my shampoo makes my hair smell fruity (no comments Rick). Something along the lines of a Vanilla/Strawberry combo would be an awesome scent for me to use in a room, perhaps my little weightlifting area downstairs. Do you have anything like that available? If so, perhaps we can make an arrangement. :D

• October 20, 2011 7:32 AM PDT

Hi OPI!

Welcome to the boards.  :)  A girlfriend was just showing off her gel nails the other day, bragging that there was not a single chip after ... 2 weeks I think she said?  Impressive.

As far as Scentsy and men, the biggest surprise for me selling Scentsy has been how many men LOVE Scentsy...  If you scroll through these warmers, https://need.scentsy.us/Buy/Search?query=full-size, you'll see there are many warmers designed with a masculine touch.  There is even an entire fragrance collection named "Scentsy Man" here ---> https://need.scentsy.us/Buy/Collection/374, although I find a lot of men prefer fruit/berry (Right, Wallace?) and/or bakery scents.

Its a great product.  The fragrances are wonderful; long-lasting and easily changed out.  (Over 80 choices, too.)  The warmers are high-quality, beautiful and safe (flame-less).

I have yet to try scentsy. I mean...I see it everywhere but I think it is more of a female product. I guess I am not into candles but my wife is. She is in to that and a new mlm...body by vi or something. I guess it is what it is. OPI Axxium Colors

• April 1, 2011 2:28 AM PDT

Linda, you freakin rock! These are perfect, and don't worry about me burning out the oil burner I have, its actually really thick, its an old bronze incense burner my mom gave me but the bottom is so big I put oils in it like eucalyptus. These flavors kick ass, and I'm going to order a Cherry Lime aid and a Blueberry, I didn't even think of Blueberry until I saw it on your list. Thanks a million, the prices aren't bad either......You're right about the products being available here, there, and everywhere. At this point my only issue is that I can't decide which online rep of the 30 dozen I found will mail it to me the fastest, or does Scentsy ship the stuff out? Shit I need to go look and se if that's the case, then it will be a question of who processes the fastest. I might even pay more and order from a larger site, I mean how can you even tell fo sho if a rep is still even in business and didn't just leave the site up and dormant, or if they only check it like once every 3 days; screw that. Thank L!

• July 20, 2011 4:19 AM PDT

Why thank you, WallaceL. :)

I have to agree with you about Scentsy.  I've always loved the idea of helping others grow their businesses in order to be successful ('was with a couple of different direct selling companies 'bout 20 years ago, briefly)... Scentsy's core values are simplicity, authenticity, and generosity and it shows.  (Personally, they had me at SIMPLICITY.  lol)  I have an ever-growing circle of Scentsy "sisters" that I adore, many not on my "team", but all so friendly and helpful.  :)

You know my biggest, most pleasant surprise with Scentsy is how very much men like it.  So yes, you macho, weight-liftin' man, I do have a fragrance that I think you will LOVE; one of our top sellers, Black Raspberry Vanilla.  (I just hope it doesn't clash with your shampoo.  haha)

• July 18, 2011 12:45 PM PDT

I LOVE SCENTSY!  And my consultant loves me... :)

Sometimes the scent can be strong, but it really depends on 2 things:

1.  How big the room is

2.  How much you use 

If you have a small room and put the whole bar in a large warmer it's too much. I personally start out with one little square and work my way up for bathrooms and smaller spaces.  Plus, I use the plugin for bathrooms because they are much smaller.   

If you really like a scent, you can even get a brick - which is 1 lb of your favorite scent. 

Hope this helps some!  I know I'm late in responding :)

• July 19, 2011 7:09 PM PDT

so I'm MONTHS behind in this reply, but just found this site during a google search... 

Hi all!  ((wave))

One way to find a legit, current Scentsy rep is to go to the Scentsy corp site and input your address, here ---> http://scentsy.net/party-consultant.aspx

You should see several to choose from (hint: When you go to their website, click on the "Home" tab and then click on "Read my story" to learn more about the individual.)  This is a feature I especially LOVE!  I despise going to websites that have me put in my info and then state that "they" will have someone get ahold of me (maybe, eventually)...

There are perks to having a local rep, some keep inventory for last-minute gifts (or last-minute cravings.  lol)  Plus you may be able to save on shipping costs...

Ooooorrrrrr, you could just order from me!  *giggle* 

https://need.scentsy.us/Bio <--- My story; feel free to "snoop".  ;)

Now I'd love some tips to getting around this site.

Thanks!

Carleen

Linda, you freakin rock! These are perfect, and don't worry about me burning out the oil burner I have, its actually really thick, its an old bronze incense burner my mom gave me but the bottom is so big I put oils in it like eucalyptus. These flavors kick ass, and I'm going to order a Cherry Lime aid and a Blueberry, I didn't even think of Blueberry until I saw it on your list. Thanks a million, the prices aren't bad either......You're right about the products being available here, there, and everywhere. At this point my only issue is that I can't decide which online rep of the 30 dozen I found will mail it to me the fastest, or does Scentsy ship the stuff out? *** I need to go look and se if that's the case, then it will be a question of who processes the fastest. I might even pay more and order from a larger site, I mean how can you even tell fo sho if a rep is still even in business and didn't just leave the site up and dormant, or if they only check it like once every 3 days; screw that. Thank L!

• July 21, 2011 12:34 AM PDT

You got a deal :D

Where should I send my contact info? Also, I sincerely appreciate it, I have really come to place in which I believe that free samples are the number one way to get people to get involved in something new. One of the perks I like about being a guy is the fact that even if it does clash with my shampoo, I won't know the difference lol.

• July 22, 2011 7:54 AM PDT

Hi Carleen, and welcome to the boards. If you need anything at all please do NOT hesitate to ask. Lots of helpful people with lots of helpful info. How long have you been a Scentsy rep?

• July 22, 2011 11:26 AM PDT

Thanks, Rick!

I have been with Scentsy since Mar. of 2010, so just about a year and a half.  My up-line is fantastic, especially my direct sponsor who is my SIL.  :)  We live in different states so its been wonderful to have a reason to connect more often (both of us are busy working moms of young children).  Scentsy is a LOT social for me, forcing me to get out and meet new people, like you --- Hi!  (My husband and I started a business and a family at the same time so the last 10 years have been me at an office desk or home at a change table.  haha  Not too much socializing... but now the kids are bigger and need me much less, as does our business...  so I wanted my own "thing".)  I have some great new, dear friends (and re-newed "old" friendships, too) thanks to Scentsy.

>>> CORNY ALERT!  <<<

Sorry...  but true.  lol

so what's your objective 'round here, ceptin' BS Alerts?  ;)

• July 25, 2011 1:12 AM PDT

Rick's objective is to provide me with reading material. His rants are legendary lol. Purely for my amusement, and he is probably a bit more blunt than I am but speaks the truth most of the time. His colorful posts have thankfully been known to take some of the attention off mine, since I am sometimes known to rant a bit myself lol.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel