Forums Candle Companies Scentsy Forum
  • Topic: Scentsy Top Performer

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 7, 2009 8:10 AM PST
    • Scentsy Top Performer

Just noticed that Scentsy is in the new "Top Performers" list on MLMRankings, which covers sixth months worth of growth vs just the month to month.

# 21 Scentsy
      49% Gain

MLMRankings Top Performers

Can anyone explain how Scentsy ranks so high, when they seem to be so new, in a relatively competitive niche of the market ( MLM Candle companies ).

• December 7, 2009 8:13 AM PST
    • Scentsy Top Performer

Wonderful! Thank you for Sharing.. I am so proud to be a part of this BOOM with Scentsy :)

• December 9, 2009 12:34 PM PST
    • Scentsy Top Performer

Hi Jim,

If I'm correct, MLMRankings simply displays those companies that are receiving the most attention publicly on the Internet; it is an Internet popularity percentile rank. They are obviously getting themselves out there and have generated a substantial amount of interest in their products online in places like Facebook, Twitter, and even YouTube.

Scentsy also has the competitive advantage of being new, as well as unique, in a market that has been saturated for the most part. Scentsy has wickless candles, a novelty, and fresh scents as well. Combined with an aggressive push to place themselves in a prominent position of their particular niche, Scentsy's increased MLMRankings rating makes sense.

• March 9, 2010 3:45 AM PST
    • Scentsy Top Performer

Scentsy has gone from being one of the top performers on MLMRankings to being one of the top five companies overall. MLMRankings.com now shows Scentsy as being number five by public interest overall, just behind Lia Sophia and ahead of Tupperware.

That's an amazing accomplishment in such a short time.

AVON, INC.
      11.95%

Pampered Chef
      5.99%

Mary Kay Cosmetics
      5.82%

Lia Sophia
      3.48%

Scentsy
      3.31%

• March 9, 2010 7:26 AM PST
    • Scentsy Top Performer

I like them very much in fact, and received a warmer and some squares for Valentines day, and the warmer is beautiful and a good size. Makes a very nice addition to any room.

I will add one caveat however. It would be nice if the company began to think about offering some sort of tester line, maybe a matchbook of the most popular scents, so that customers can tell what they're buying before they buy it. The scents are extremely strong; read that, EXTREMELY. I melted one square just until there was approximately a millimeter of wax coating the warmer cup, and then had to shut it off because it got too strong.

If you are using it in a very wide open space you may have more time to use more wax, or, as I'm sure might be the case, different scents will be less intense. The scent smells very pretty in the packaging. So maybe a good rule of thumb is if you like it in the package, multiply that by at least 25% for intensity. I'm still really crazy about the whole idea and the company though, so maybe I'll just try another scent.

• March 26, 2010 12:16 AM PDT
    • Scentsy Top Performer

I agree that small testers would be better. I usually melt down the wax and make mini scent testers to include when I send out the semi-annual catalog. It would be a lot easier if Scentsy made them. :)

• March 26, 2010 5:27 AM PDT
    • Scentsy Top Performer

What an awesome idea that is!

Your Scentsy customers must absolutely love you for that :)

Maybe you should write to Scentsy and tell them yourself to make the little samples. They seem like a family company and would likely love to hear such a  great idea from one of their own consultants.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel