Forums Work From Home Business Forums Stampin Up
  • Topic: Stampin' Up Blogs

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 16, 2011 1:16 AM PDT
    • Stampin' Up Blogs

So, I have discovered the company for me, and so far I have had more fun with the product than I have had success, but it is growing; albeit slowly. I have slowly began putting together a Stampin' up blog, which has actually been hard because before I joined, I didn't even have any idea what a blog was, I thought it was just an article about something some person felt like ranting about. My first attempt at a Stampin' up blog didn't go well, it made no sense and just had pictures and descriptions of some of the cards I made, but after looking at several others I began to realize what it was I was going for.http://www.stampinpretty.com/

Oh and by the way, Stampin Up products are awesome! and not only the craft supplies but the quality of something as simple as one of their pencils....The only real problem I am having now that I actually understand exactly what a blog is; is that if you Google "Stampin' Up Blog" you get some of the most amazing blogs, that must be created by what could only be God him/herself.....I mean seriously? I'm supposed to compete with this?

What an amazing job she did!

So anyway, if anyone is interested, I'll show you what I have when its done, and if you really pity me, you can join Stampin' up through me.. :) Just kidding, just kidding. I will definitely be open to any constructive criticism though, and I'm in this for the long haul so I don't mind going back and restructuring. Well, thank you for reading my post, and I hope to get some opinions from anyone once I post my own link.

Thanks guys and girls. :)

• March 25, 2011 2:28 PM PDT
    • Stampin' Up Blogs

I was a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for almost 10 years when I left in 2008.  The only reason I left the company is because I had my first daughter and it was impossible for me to host workshops and prepare for them with a newborn. 

That being said, it was also before I discovered the power of the internet and marketing my business online.

I hear you loud and clear that some of those blogs are amazing.  Trust me when I say that they have paid a pretty penny for them.  But, what matters most is that you are doing what you love, you share your blog with your customers, family and friends and you promote your blog.  The marketing of your blog is probably the hardest part as you need to spend time finding your ideal potential customers, engaging with them and helping them.  Then, as they begin to see your knowledge they will migrate to your blog. 

The best piece of advice I can give you as a former demonstrator and now somewhat internet "savvy", use your blog to communicate with your tribe, build a network and become a resource.  Post your latest projects with instructions.  Ask what they want to see, what they want to learn.  Is it a new technique?  A new product? Different ways to use reinkers? The best way to do Two-Step stamping, etc.  

Give them what they want and they will be back for more, tell their friends and build a relationship with you.  People in general want to do business with other people they know, like and trust.  By "giving" first, you create an instant friendship and connection and they will try to help you every chance they get. 

If only I had known this 3 years ago, I would probably still be a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  I still have a craft room of supplies I like to "visit" every now and then.   Some day, I can teach my girls to stamp and do paper crafts so I can get back to my first love. 

Good luck!  

All the best,
      Ivette 

• August 31, 2011 1:40 AM PDT
    • Stampin' Up Blogs

Amethyst, I am a Stampin' Up! demo, also, and have been for over 13 years. 

Don't feel like you have to compete with every fabulous blog you see on the internet.  Just find your target audience, build your mailing list, and speak to them in your own voice and style.  And although some certainly are, remember that just because they have a beautiful blog doesn't mean they are making a PROFIT from their business, which I assume is your goal in your business.  I'd be happy to talk to you more about different ways to build your blog/website... I've gone through a number of ways before landing on one I really think helps you be successful & profitable, no matter what your business is.

Good luck to you!

• March 24, 2011 2:27 AM PDT
    • Stampin' Up Blogs

It is very nice to see this side of the mlm companies where there are very few complaints, and a gentle soul enjoying the business and the product, for it fills me with joy. This is one of those companies that I consider in the league of legitimacy, such as Tastefully Simple, Scentsy, and Tupperware. I don't think that these are get rich fast companies but it is evident that they are stable, reputable and well operated companies with a great deal to offer through simple products that mostly everyone needs. Please remember to update us with your blog dear friend so that we can all enjoy the fruits of your hard work ok?

My gratitude.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel