Forums Home Travel Agent Programs YTB Travel
  • Topic: YTB Travel Car Rental Experience - HORRIBLE

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 23, 2008 4:32 AM PDT
    • YTB Travel Car Rental Experience - HORRIBLE

I'm not a YTB Rep, but I had this experience with YTB Travel and YTB Travel's booking and reservation department over the weekend.

I was scheduled to be in Vegas for a wedding. My in-laws were flying in from Tennessee. I booked them a rental car via YTB Travel after clicking on an ad that said "15.00 Per Day Car Rental".

The reservation was booked through YTB Travel, and they charged my credit card $2.99 for securing the reservation.  At the time, it appeared that the YTB was the actual car rental agency but in reality, they are just an intermediary forwarding the booking to a car rental agency in Vegas called "Payless"

I received confirmation and provided it to the in-laws. Upon arrival, they took a cab to the Payless rental location. Upon arrival, their confirmed booking was refused at the counter. The rental agent said it would be $39.00 per day for the car.  The rental agent at Payless - which YTB represents as having a relationship with YTB Travel - would not even acknowledge the booking confirmation from YTB, and didn't know who or what YTB was.

They left.  I called YTB Travel's reservation line.  It was answered by Mark.  In New Delhi. I explained the situation to Mark.  He was very polite and helpful. He said he would call the rental agency directly.  He did.  They did not answer his call.  He told me I should call them and give them the confirmation number and they should honor it.  They had already NOT honored it at the counter, I wasn't very confident that they were going to do anything over the phone.

For hours, up until they closed, I tried to call the Payless office - the phone was only answered once, I was immediately put on hold. Never picked up. After that if went to voicemail and I was never contacted back. I realize much of this reflects very poorly on Payless as much as it does on YTB Travel.

End result, the in-laws  took another cab ride from the rental agency to the hotel ( total cab fees about 30.00 airport to agency, agency to hotel ) and were without a car the entire time.

Anyone else had this type of experience with YTB Travel's booking process?

-JT

• June 19, 2008 1:31 PM PDT

I'm very sorry you had they type of experience. That's unacceptable! I've never experienced anything like that with YTB. I know things may happen, however, from time to time. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the company! denyse www.TravelWithDenyse.net

• June 19, 2008 2:54 PM PDT

Denise,

Thanks for the response.  At this time I really have to say I think the real culprit was Payless Rental Agency.  I called there, and spoke with one of the managers of the Vegas branch, and it turns out .... the manager was the one that didn't honor the booking at the counter.  The customer service person on the phone (even if it was answered overseas ) did make every effort to call the branch and rectify the situation.  Sadly, I don't know exactly where the booking process broke down, but I do feel it was more on the shoulders of Payless Car Rental than YTB Travel. To date, though I've been promised follow up, I haven't heard anything back from Payless.  YTB however seems to have done their part by taking the booking, establishing it with the rental agency, and the individual at the office didn't honor it.

So... how has your personal experience been with YTB?

JT

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel