Forums Scams MLM Scams
  • Topic: Zija Scam

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 25, 2011 2:29 AM PST
    • Zija Scam

With so many MLM companies selling various health drinks it's hard to tell which are legit and which are scams. I've been pitched on Monavie, Jusuru, Xango, and umpteen others and now Zija. Thought I would just post my impressions:

Zija Scam?

Zija sells a "smart drink" based on the Moringa fruit. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Moringa fruit. Where do they keep finding these new ones? I wonder if it's like Olive Garden where they just make up new random names for foods that sort of sound Italian, but never really existed - Spagettacholi, Ravietti, Linguisaroni, think of a random name and they'll probably use it. The only thing I eat at Olive Garden is salad and breadsticks, and that's sort of how I feel about juices made from fruit names that sound like they came from a marketing department instead of the rain forest or under whatever bush they claim they found it under.

I've heard of a Morinda fruit, but not a Moringa. Neither one sounds particularly appealing.

Zija comes in a 5.5 ounce can, and there's a dry mix that comes in a packet that can be mixed with water. So far, nothing out of the ordinary. Where it goes sideways is where I start seeing claims of weight loss and health benefits. Any time I see a product with testimonials where people say they have gone off their meds since using it, I think SCAM. Because right underneath all the claims, there's always the fine print that says something like "Not approved by the FDA for the treatment of anything. ( Including Thirst )."

Zija Scam Income Claims

I also get worried when a company compensation plan has lots of minerally sounding levels of commission levels:

Distributor
      Builder
      Builder 500
      Builder 1000
      Bronze
      Silver
      Gold
      Platinum
      Emerald
      Diamond
      Double Diamond
      Triple Diamond
      Diamond Elite

And...multiple confusing layers of payout that remind me of the payout chart on a slot machine in Vegas. "if you get two bars and a cherry, you qualify for 8 new levels of commission!!!!"

Come on. How about a simple comp plan with a simple commission that you can understand?

I guess while Zija might not be a "scam", there's really nothing about it that would make me want to just stop buying overpriced pomegranate juice at the supermarket. At least I don't have to stock six months worth in my garage.

• February 6, 2011 10:34 PM PST
    • Zija Scam

Greetings to you Jangoman. I am inclined to agree with you on the compensation plan provided by Zija, as it is not only difficult to understand, but very much so resembles a hand in cards, and it is not the kind of system I would ever wish to build upon. It is explained that personal VOR Benefit is only earned when your PV exceeds 250 in any single week commission cycle, but only when the number exceeds the desired mark, and You will receive up to a 10% personal rebate on your PV greater than 250. Also, sponsor VOR Benefit is earned each time someone that you have sponsored places a volume order purchase that exceeds 250 PV in another single week commission cycle. It is also stated that you will receive up to a 10% rebate on their PV greater than 250, so it seems that in all areas the simple goal is to have your team reach a volume of 250. Further it allows you to add percentage based bonuses depending on your rank as you reach these goals of 250 volume, which they called qualified active 75, in addition to a slue of other titles for various accomplishments. It is all very confusing, and reveals a generally unstable system to build upon based primarily on random properties.

This is to say nothing of the commission level titles, quite generic and unappealing I must say, with one substance considered worthless at the bottom, and the higher levels representing a wonderful financial achievement. How can that inspire new distributors just starting out when the ranking system sounds like every other one, and really leaves little to desire for inspiration when it so resembles what we call the caste in my country. It is my humble opinion that all ranks should have something wonderful to offer, and retain a worthwhile benefit for those at the Bronze level as well as those residing next to the creator at the platinum level.

Now I have to tell you that the United States of America is not the center of the world for fruits and vegetables, for there are many fruits in my country that many Westerners have never heard of, and that are considered to have many health benefits, however; I must agree that the existence of what you call "exotic" fruits is heavily exploited and often misrepresented scientifically.

For example, in my country you can eat a delicious Rambutan, and much like your native it is often associated with helping to get rid of the common cold, but did you know that there is no scientific evidence that Vitamin C has any effect on getting rid of the common cold, and yet every year in your country, flue season levitates the sales numbers of many American products that contain vitamin C such as Oranges and throat drops?

Lychee is another fruit grown upon our evergreens, and it is also as common for us in India as an apple is in America, and it is little more then pulp, vitamins, sugar and anti-oxidants, and yet many citizens treat them as if they contain the cure to all disease, when all they do is provide the basic nutritional needs which when maintained; prevent diseases. They are not miracle fruits that are worth importing from various countries, and they are not very different than apples, oranges, bananas and pineapples, the difference is that many of Americans idolize the properties of fruits that are not used to.

Other fruits I recommend for you include, durian, dragon fruit and jack fruit. They are all very, very delicious and although they don't promise to increase your energy or cure you of cancer, they will certainly help to make you a happy, and healthy person. Many of these Nutritional companies use these ingredients because they are not native to the West and introduce them along with pointing out why they are good for you, when the same could be done with an orange or an apple, which both contain anti-oxidants as well as other nutritional components, and yet they just don't sound very impressive do they?

A company can not take an orange, and tell you that lab studies show it is rich in Vitamin C and anti-oxidants and make it into a special powderized shake that is guaranteed to help you fight off colds and regulate your digestion. If they tried that, you would simply pick up and eat an orange yes? Yes! so you see that is all they are doing now with the fruits of my country. Please, eat them, they are wonderful and healthy, but there is no need to spend money on shakes and supplements when you can import them directly.

Namaste :)

• March 26, 2012 5:37 PM PDT
    • Zija Scam

Well, zija is now considered as best in all and also holds companies for its dramatic nutritious properties into some refreshing,energetic and nourishing beverages like smart drinks as to help and to maintain a healthy and active life. Zija itself contains its own main nutritional drinks.

• February 8, 2011 12:09 AM PST
    • Zija Scam

I have had the "exquisite" pleasure of trying the Zija powder, and If you value your taste buds at all, or even feel a tiny bit of displeasure over the many possible ingredients that can be included in your Zija shake, I advise you stay away. It was nasty, with a capital N. I'm definitely not going to pay someone $95 dollars for 30 cans of gross. Its an absurd thing to do, and I have no intention of trying any other products. I am a little tired of these companies simply falling out of the sky and promising the world to everyone with the simple wish of getting healthy. You both made some excellent points, and I am especially interested in simply eating the right things instead of paying ridiculous amounts of money for something I could basically duplicate in a juicer, only this wouldn't taste like butt.

I laughed hysterically at your Olive Garden comments, and its true, its such a gimmick-oriented world out there, and it seems like less and less product is sincere about what it is and what it can do. It seems like we spend all of our time and money trying to find new ways to get healthy when all we have to do is understand the basic biological mechanics of the human body.

From what I understand, the Moringa is a tree, or something like that....and I don't care that the awful taste includes cell-ready nutrients, antioxidants and proteins, and naturally occurring, and essential nutrients. The company also offers skin care products, which sort of makes me wonder. Maybe somewhere in the processing plant, the skin cream got put into the juice bottles and the juice made it into the skin care product bottles because it certainly tastes like someone made a mistake.

As for weight management supplements, it probably tastes so bad that you vow never to eat again, but you've already spent all your money on it and lost it trying to sell it that you can't afford to buy food anymore anyway.

At least we know it works right?

• March 26, 2011 11:35 PM PDT
    • Zija Scam

Hello Jeroqui

First of all I would like to say that I agree with much of what you have stated in your post.

The compensation plan for Zija definitely requires some study. In MLM, in order to be compensated you are required to take action. Those actions are different with various companies. The key is that you take that action. As I read your understanding of Zija's plan I can see that you have not been informed of how it works exactly. Initially I was only interested in the products and had no concern for the compensation plan. I have found it to be very lucrative, and easy to understand after I have been involved.

The premise behind creating the Zija nutritionals was to provide people with a simple convenient way to get nutrition in their diets. Yes, we should be able to pick up a fruit everyday, 5 times a day and get almost enough of that. Yes we should be able to get vegetables at least 2 times per day to provide those nutrients. For whatever reason that has become very difficult and inconvenient to do. Not to mention, it is very expensive.

There is also another problem that is due to the fact that most vegetables have lost nutrient value over the last 50 years. This is because of production rates and soil depletion.  We can hardly afford to go to the supermarket and pick up the raw fruits and vegetables that our bodies require. Most people also can't afford it and don't have time or resources to produce it.

What Zija International has done is create a nutritional supplement that is 100% bio-available and enzymatically alive with 90+ nutrients that you can take once per day. They did this by using the most nutrient rich plant in the world as a base for all of their products.

http://thelegacyleaf.com/health/johns-hopkins-school-of-medicine-research/

With Zija there is no worry about going to the farmers market and spending 20 bucks per day and you just can't pick these nutrients up at the fast food restaurant.

I have to say that I have been very impressed with the products. They are affordable and have been very beneficial to my family. My family requires 2 cases of smart mix per month. That costs me approximately $190 each month. Being a loyal customer, I receive 2 free cases per year. So for about $5.75 per day I can provide my family with proper nutrition. It would cost that much or more, per person for one meal at McDonalds!

There is no denying that we should be able to do this without a product, but most people can't. This has been a welcomed alternative for me and my family.

It has also created amazing results for thousands of people.

Here are just a few of the ones that I have recently encountered.

http://thelegacyleaf.com/video/zija-weight-management/

• March 28, 2011 12:36 AM PDT
    • Zija Scam

Hi Scott, thank you for posting, I know you kind of stepped in on a predominately negative thread lol. This is actually light for us, trust me lol. I actually disagree with a portion of these posts, with the exception of the comp plan. I've all but hurt myself trying to understand it outside of your description at least. I am a pretty hard core organics eater, and what you said about GMO foods is correct, but not organics. Organic fruits and vegetables don't cost more long term because you don't need to eat as much. I don't know a ton about Zija, I don't know if its certifiably organic, but if it is, Kudos to you. I like the sound of it and I'm inclined to assume it tastes pretty good because most people that aren't used to eating organically have a hard time adjusting to the taste of natural, non-processed, non sugar-infused foods.

Let's assume it is literally 100% organic, then you got half my vote. By the way, is that link your personal web site? I like it, it looks nice, you did a good job. The other factor is price, at an average of $100 a case, its not reasonable. I've been studying the process of packaging, shipping, food harvesting and growing of organic foods, domestic and exotic and there is no way to justify the price, especially if Zija feels that the bulk of the health benefits lays on the back of the Moringa fruit. I can't comment on the comp plan, more so because I am very interested in the juice itself. In fact, I would really like to try a free sample if there is a way to acquire one in my area. I'd like to add about my comment regarding price; I'm not saying the cost is far from that, or that its completely insane, but I do think its too high.

My only other concern would be competition. There is an over abundance of it in general, and from companies that don't bother with organics at all. The non organic aspect actually appeals to the majority of consumers because we are really just entering the organic phase, at least here in the United States. The average person thinks organics are just some "hippy" thing, some even think its a scam lol. There are companies like Xango, Monavie, and many others using the same ingredients with even more than just the Moringa fruit, how do you feel Zija products compare?

Anyway, just picking your brain, I appreciate you adding to this thread.

• March 28, 2011 12:41 AM PDT
    • Zija Scam

Oh goodness Scott, you look like a Nordic, Christopher Reeves! What a very handsome man, I hope you don't mind me saying so. :)

I don't know much about Zija, but welcome to the forums and I hope you feel comfortable to post any time!

• March 28, 2011 1:26 PM PDT
    • Zija Scam

Thank you Linda.

Very flattering. I have read some of the conversations here. It seems interesting. 

If you want to know more about Zija I am the guy! ;)

• March 28, 2011 1:43 PM PDT
    • Zija Scam

Hi Rickdowns

First of all I have to state this. Zija does not claim to prevent , cure, or diagnose anything. It's amazing what happens when you get the proper nutrition in your body.

I have been on other forums and blogs. I am sure that it can get pretty interesting to say the least.

The compensation plan is really not that complicated. It's a binary, based on the power of 2 and has eight ways to get paid. When you see the break down its really simple. The opportunity for profit sharing in the leadership level is really the best I've seen.

I agree with you about the organics however, you would have to have a wide variety of organic foods to get the nutrients available in Zija. The products are Kosher and Halal certified organic.  Zija is not just another "fruit" juice. The nutritional line is a proprietary blend of the leaf powder, leaf puree, fruit powder, fruit juice, and seed cake. If you research the moringa tree you will find that it has been used for thousands of years to reverse the affects of over 300 diseases. Watch the Discovery Channel Video in the side bar of www.thelegacyleaf.com. This is a clip of the video that inspired Ken Brailsford to establish Zija. Moringa has never really been available in the western society until Zija. I agree about the organics, there is usually an adjustment phase (detox) for those who are not accustomed to organic foods. I have grown to love the taste of the smart mix.

The liquid nutritionals are 100% all natural and enzymatically alive. (real food) I am not sure what Zija's expenses are per package. I know that they have four 25000 hectare farms in India that produce the Moringa. The farms are certified organic soil, and regulated. The raw product is transferred to the U.S. for packaging. They have a patent on the canned drink. It is one of a kind. I can explain if necessary.

The price of the product is really irrelevant to a lot of people when they have the kind of results that we are seeing. When you start reducing other expenses with your results, it really seems to be a non issue. If you can appreciate the cost of over the counter and other means of masking health issues, this is really not that bad. I stated earlier I spend $5.75 per day on the liquid nutritionals for my family. For a loyal customer that weighs over 150 lbs. the cost would be $2.84 per day.  I know that 50% of the profits are paid to the distributors of the product. I also know that customers that use the products for more than 90 days, have a 89% retention rate for continuing to use the product. That speaks volumes to me.

I understand your concern about competition. There are many other "juices" out there. While I am sure there are many testimonies about those juices and I am sure that they have helped many people with issues. None of them can compare to the nutrition that is available in Zija. If you do your due diligence on the Moringa, you will see why. There are many studies that have been done on the Moringa tree. www.pubmed.org There are over 200 organizations including the NIH, and WHO that verify the plant. Moringa was the plant of the year for the NIH in 2008.

Yes, www.thelegacyleaf.com is my personal site. I created it after having tremendous results with the product and the business opportunity. It is available to my team as a tool for sharing this product and opportunity.

If you need more information feel free to contact me through the contact us page. I can show how to try the products for retail, wholesale, or free.

Pick my brain anytime.

• March 31, 2011 12:31 AM PDT
    • Zija Scam

Hey Scott, great points on organics, and the basic advantage of having all the nutrients your body needs. This is something that people just don't understand, especially in this country. There are literally billions of dollars spent every year on Diabetes, Heart disease, Cholesterol, Weight loss, Skin disorders which are often the result of food allergies, which are in turn the result of food addictions and over eating certain things. Dandruff! also a symptom of diet, but people don't want to hear it, they rather go to a doctor and take a medicine to treat every single ailment imaginable, and guess what that does over time? It develops even more problems since your body is not designed to take many of the medicines we seem to have grown dependant on.

I want to tell you that I really am impressed by Zija, as far as what's in it and the fact that it is organic. That is a major must in order for me not to make fun of something, let alone think its a good product. I think of myself as being notorious for picking on nutrition products, but this is one time where I can't, and aside from the price, I think Zija is pretty impressive. Thank you for explaining the comp plan because it was one area where any description I gave wasn't going to cut it. The information you gave as far as the production location and the fact that the soil is clean is also pretty damn impressive, I appreciate that.

I know the price may seem irrelevant to some, but not to most. The average person isn't going to believe how their health changes when incorporating an entirely different diet, and that same average Joe is exactly who you should want to attract, both for their sake and yours. For you, you can see that its a better deal bar none, because you're not going to be paying for doctor bills for ulcers, rashes, and all the other fun things that people end up getting treated for, but I have to tell you, for just one person to participate in a single supply, its $216 for the Xm3 personal pack, which includes 1 case of smart drink, 1 bottle of Xm3 caps, and 1 Box Miracle tea. That's insane, and you most definitely do NOT outweigh in nutrients what you would get spending $216 on organic food, that is false, and I'll be more than happy to do a comparison with you.

That being said, I really, sincerely, like Zija as far as products go, but I think the price is going to have a major impact on growth and you could get many more people involved if that barrier wasn't there. For 216 dollars, I can feed a family of four super nutritious organic food for a month all while avoiding the doctor. Anyway, this is really the only thing I can pick on and I really do find it easy to focus on the product itself. If you don't mind me asking, have you found a good deal of success selling Zija? I am curious about the organics market and if its growing as rapidly as I have been claiming lol

• March 31, 2011 8:53 AM PDT
    • Zija Scam

Hey Rick

Great discussion. You seem to be a really sharp individual. I have a team that is having great success with health and wealth. We don't sell the product. We share an unbelievable opportunity with others. I will be using the products, and I share the results with others in much the same way I recommend a good movie or restaurant.

The price you are seeing is the retail price. There are unbelievable product packages with free shipping, free product, and guarantees. If I show you how affordable Zija is would you be more interested? If I show you how you can try it for free would you be interested?

scottvanwinkle.myzija@gmail.com

Contact me

• March 27, 2012 2:15 PM PDT
    • Zija Scam

God day Scott, Obviously I have no idea what part of North America you live in, yet based on your ability to feed a family of four organically for under $216 you must live in a green house, California or Florida.  I live in Northern Alberta, Canada.  One Organic Chicken at Planet Organic here cost $30, Beef and Bison is similar on comparison.  As for the ability to get fresh, organically grown produce...lol, yeah right!  So short of getting a cow, a chicken and a greenhouse in my back yard, which I am positive violates some sort of city ordanence,  I am left with finding organic nutrients in some other form, such as Zija.  

My fiance had a brain tumor nine years ago, and a stroke during its removal, which left some scar tissue in her brain.  This resulted in nerve damage to her left side and poor circulation throughout her extremities.  This new years eve she suffered a seizure and was put on teva-carbamazapine, one of the most highly addictive anti seizure medications there is.  This is when we started using Zija daily in our diet, half a pack a day for each of our children, one pack for myself and two packs for her mixed in with 32oz distilled water.  In the last three months she has been able to come completely off of that horrible drug, under doctors supervision of course, and as of the MRI last week the scar tissue in her brain that they said caused her seizure has now disappeared.  

Now keep in mind that I am in no way claiming that Zija has cured anything, these are just the findings in her case.  So as to the cost of Zija being to much of a burden to bare... Join up as a distributor, figure out the, very simple comp plan and make some more money, or do what i did, get 2 friends a month to sign up with you and get yours for free! 

• April 1, 2011 1:39 AM PDT
    • Zija Scam

Hello everyone, I have all but forgotten this topic, and am happy to see more people here to have joined since I was last here. I did not know if Zija products were organic and can see that it has been established as so. This is excellent, and I must agree in general that this is all related to price in the end, and I too am having a hard time imagining paying so much for even just myself, let alone a family. I am also a bit saddened by it because it does seem like a truly wonderful beverage to consume, and it is rare that we get it all combined in one package. I am interested most definitely in tasting this product, and also in Scott's mention of finding it discounted, it seems almost difficult to believe such an amazing product could be found cheaply.

I do wish to remind everyone though that such fruits can be purchased on their own, and still fill your belly. I have been known to eat fruit in the morning and for lunch, and then at night, I have grains, vegetables, water and a small mithai for dessert. It may not be in everyone's best interest to make time for meals though because I know how difficult schedules can be, with work, family and other responsibilities, but at the same time, I am not certain that many people put the effort into changing the way their lives are if you don't have time enough to prepare a meal for yourself. Ahh so it appears I am rambling, please allow me to find out how I can obtain such a sample product, or a discounted price.

Thank you :)

• March 29, 2012 6:32 PM PDT
    • Zija Scam

nice sales people here i dont sale i just share lol i heard this many times from another networker how about this u want to sale and u want him in ur business just be up front guys common man i want all of in my business whats wrong with that u guys cant saying the truth 

www.platinum1.jeunesseglobal.com

www.drnathannewman.com

let me know 

• March 31, 2012 12:44 AM PDT
    • Zija Scam

Lawson That is my point exactly! You just can't get organic anymore unless you grow it. I use Zija for my entire family. Smart MIX for the kiddos and XM+ most days for me! I recieve my products for free and earn extra spending money for telling others about the results we have with the products. Not a bad gig. 2 years now we have been consuming these products and I don't see myself not using them ever!

www.thelegacyleaf.myzijastory.com

• April 2, 2011 7:14 AM PDT
    • Zija Scam

If you really want to know how to get the absolute best price on Zija contact me at 

scottvanwinkle.myzija@gmail.com

No automated emails. I am willing to help everyone understand these amazing products! They have truly been life changing for thousands of people already.

I will show you how to try the product retail, wholesale, or free!

I can also show you how to get a 100% money back guarantee!

I am not into the hard sell, if you are not truly interested don't bother.  

I am willing to discuss the business opportunity with anyone who is serious about a secure financial future.

http://thelegacyleaf.com/zija/the-miracle-story-of-moringa-and-zija/

• May 10, 2012 6:12 PM PDT
    • Zija Scam

I will be using the zija products, and I share the results with others Zija is made from the Moringa Tree, also known as the Miracle Tree. It is the most efficacious, nutrient rich botanical in existence100% Organic 100% Natural

• April 12, 2012 10:06 AM PDT
    • Zija Scam

whats not good?

• April 28, 2015 8:49 PM PDT
    • Zija Scam

Zija might be a scam but is a scam with success.
      Plus their product is based on moringa, which is as many websites claim, a good nutritious product. take a look at the next 2 pages just as a sample from the 1000 out there http://moringatrees.org/ or http://miracletrees.org/ 
      The problem i guess is not zija being a scam but people being jealous of their success?
      Solution dont buy zija, buy moringa products from other companies :) and get healthy anyway.
      Sure that moringa is not a scam, if you doupt, just take a look at all the research, studies, published on the sites i post above... its just incredible.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel