Forums Scams Business Scams
  • Topic: CieAura Scam

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 27, 2009 2:31 AM PST
    • CieAura Scam

But if I'm selling you something i know doesn't really work - hoping you have the placebo effect - does that make it the Power Balance Scam?

Here's a link to the video where they completely debunk the holographic strength and balance test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd0Gb9EgkHA

There is a company called CieAura that is also selling "transparent holographic chips" - but instead of having a 'frequency' like the EFX USA Power Balance bracelet, they are "computer programmed holograms". Same as with the EFX Scam, where they claim the hologram has a frequency - how does a hologram ( basically just an image embedded within a semi transparent medium ) have a "Program".  This is just total and complete bullshit foisted on an unsuspecting public. It's like saying the photo on your desk of your Mother has a 'frequency' or has been 'programmed'.

The CieAura Scam also has a very similar management team to the Lifewave Scam.

• January 3, 2010 6:02 AM PST
    • CieAura Scam

couldn't agree with you more..  I became a rep.  and thought it really had some value until I tried it.. Nothing gave em out like Lays potato chips.. Nothing!   Even tried holistic professionals that had interest enough to contact me < yes puddy in the hands right -- NOPE!!!  They felt nothing either.. waste of time!!!  

• December 27, 2009 2:39 AM PST
    • CieAura Scam

This is the same hologram scam that was used by OceanCity Network ( Jim Fobair ) for the hologram "fuel discs" that were selling for 300.00 each. Now its holographic stickers embedded in wrist bands, or my personal favorite - on credit card size wallet cards that look exactly like the ones on your credit card.  Maybe Visa and Mastercard should just start embedding them on your card when you renew, and instead of offering better interest rates, they can offer you the placebo effect for your health.

When you throw words like hologram and frequencies and programming and bio fields at Joe Average, you tap into their desire to believe in something. Even if it sounds totally absurd.

Add a few hokey strength tests ( that do nothing but test the gullibility of the person being tested ) and WALLAH!  You've got the making of the next scam product.

Betting the Federal Trade Commission gets involved in CieAura and EFX and other "hologram" companies very very soon. 

• December 29, 2009 12:38 PM PST
    • CieAura Scam

For some reason, this post lets me suggest an answer. My answer is:  CieAura is a Scam.

• January 1, 2010 3:24 AM PST
    • CieAura Scam

There is a company called CieAura that is also selling "transparent holographic chips" - but instead of having a 'frequency' like the EFX USA Power Balance bracelet, they are "computer programmed holograms". Same as with the EFX Scam, where they claim the hologram has a frequency - how does a hologram ( basically just an image embedded within a semi transparent medium ) have a "Program".  This is just total and complete bullshit foisted on an unsuspecting public. It's like saying the photo on your desk of your Mother has a 'frequency' or has been 'programmed'.

The CieAura Scam also has a very similar management team to the Lifewave Scam.

What I would like to know is how the people promoting the CieAura scam or the Lifewave Scam or the EFX USA Scam or any of these companies promoting so called holographic or hologram health technology explain the 'embedding' of anything into a plastic sticker.

The fact is, the sticker is an inert and inanimate object. It contains an image, a 'hologram' only in the loosest sense of the word, just a prismatic effect and a trick of the light to give the illusion of depth. 

But when claims are made the the CieAura holograms are 'programmed' or that a company's hologram 'vibrates' or 'resonates' or someone interacts with the body's bioelectric field at a certain frequency - it's all total bullshit. I've emailed three different companies asking if they can tell me exactly how to detect any change in the decals when in contact with the body or the body's electrical field - not surprisingly, no response.

One of the companies claims to use patent-pending technology to embed whatever their specific brand of hocus pocus is into the holograms. Common sense would dictate that if there is a machine embedding something, you would have a way to detect and test it to be sure whatever it is you claim you are doing is actually taking hold in hte medium. If something is vibrating or running a program or whatever, there would be some detectable change that should be observable with some measuring instrument. Otherwise, it's just 'magic'.

I would love to have someone from the CieAura scam or the EFX scam explain, in clear and simple terms, how the processes involved can be detected other than the 'you should just try the bracelet and find out for yourself' argument.  CieAura's specific claim is that depending on the 'programming' of the hologram, there are specific results such as an increase in energy, increase in stamina, deeper more restful sleep, and other 'assorted reactions'.

My guess the only real measurable reaction is the lightening of your wallet.

With the new FTC regulations regarding health claims, I wonder how long before they step in and investigate this company. Should they come back and determine there is actually some magical benefit from the CieAura Holographic Chips, I'll be the first person to post a full retraction and a thousand words about the positive benefits they find.

• January 26, 2010 2:29 AM PST
    • CieAura Scam

I contacted the company two weeks ago via their chat and support form, asking for information on who to contact to do a live blind test, or to speak to someone in management by phone -

Still no response from CieAura. You would think that they a company being labeled as the CieAura Scam would be glad to back up their claims with a simple 5 minute test, or at least discuss it with someone.

I also asked if they could detect a used from a new holographic sticker.

Not a peep out of the company.

Sent: Wed 1/13/10 8:42 PM
      To: retailersupport@cieaura.com

Who do I contact to arrange an interview and double blind product test, or to have the company demonstrate the ability to identify a 'live' chip from a completely 'used' chip?
    • March 8, 2010 12:16 PM PST
    • CieAura Scam

Has anyone taken into consideration what all matter is made up of?  Or, that everything we see, taste, feel, hear, and smell are frequencies?

“Same as with the EFX Scam, where they claim the hologram has a frequency - how does a hologram ( basically just an image embedded within a semi transparent medium ) have a "Program".  This is just total and complete bullshit foisted on an unsuspecting public. It's like saying the photo on your desk of your Mother has a 'frequency' or has been 'programmed'.”…

Without frequencies how is it that you are able to see the photo of your Mother, or a hologram? I am not of the sciences I am a layman, but I have a basic understanding that all matter as we know it is vibrational frequencies including our bodies. The easiest one we are able to relate to are radio frequencies, of course. I also barely remember learning light being made of frequencies.

There are plenty of references such as: http://www.answers.com/topic/frequency

If we understand that matter is made up of frequencies including our own, why is it difficult to understand holograms are also frequencies?

I have found just a little bit of research might help shed a whole lot of light on a subject that might seem false but actually has some truth, by offering how or why something may or may not work… like holograms.

The first hologram was made in 1947 by Dennis Gabor, a Hungarian-born scientist who was working at the Imperial College of London. Gabor made a transmission hologram by carefully filtering his light source, but the process did not become practical until technology provided a way to produce coherent light—light that consists of a single frequency and a single wavelength. Nearly a quarter century after he had made the first hologram, Gabor was awarded the Nobel Prize for Physics for this achievement in 1971. http://www.answers.com/topic/hologram

The mind itself operating in a holographic manner? Paul Pietsch (1981) simply could not believe Pribram's theory, and he set out to disprove the holographic theory of the brain… http://www.survey-software-solutions.com/walonick/reality.htm

Are these things to consider that might help you before you come to a final conclusion? Won't you always wonder now? maybe not

• April 16, 2010 4:42 AM PDT
    • CieAura Scam

But if they work on babies and my dogs, how can it just be the placebo effect? Have you tried them? If you have not, then I suggest you do not judge - They do work.

• April 16, 2010 4:49 AM PDT
    • CieAura Scam

That video was about a different product, claiming different results. You cannot tar all holographic chips with the same brush!

• April 27, 2010 5:47 AM PDT
    • CieAura Scam

I was invited to a "party" last night. The "party" turned out to be a group of women telling me and other guests how great these products are. Additionally, we watched two videos. I thought "Wow, these people are coo-coo for coco puffs."

Then, the real reason for the evening became evident. For only $39.99 you can join the company. You will even get your own website. The company sends you a debit card and that's how you get paid. The best part is if you get others to join, you receive a commission. And each time the new person sells products or recruits a new person, you receive money on your Visa Debit Card. The continues for each person recruited under your initial recruit. Imagine the possibilities!!!

This is nothing more than a pyramid scheme, and if you can't see that...I have a bridge for sell.

But at least I got 2 free "crystals" i.e. holograms.

• January 3, 2010 1:54 PM PST
    • CieAura Scam

my mom is making me and my younger brother go to a demonstration for this company Cieaura, it seems you know a bit about why they are full of shit, i cant find much helpful info that i can bring as facts to ask the reps there so i might be able to talk my mom out of getting into this whack business. any helpful info you can give me would help a bunch.

• December 27, 2009 4:22 AM PST
    • CieAura Scam

Lord this kind of stuff scares me...there are so many bright, well educated people out there falling for this stuff by the minute.   I think of my Mom or Dad getting sucked into these marketing scams and I see red.  It isn't enough to think "they are too smart' anymore...it can happen to anyone.

Thanks for the great posts...hope alot of people see them and pay attention!

• March 8, 2010 12:41 PM PST
    • CieAura Scam

You seem to be deliberately avoiding the question.

A hologram, just like a picture, does not have any inherent 'frequency'. Colors reflect light of a certain spectrum. Holograms display an image not through a 'frequency' but through an effect referred to as 3D photography. A hologram can not be 'programmed' with a frequency or a 'program'. No more than a photograph can be embedded with a program that somehow magically interacts with you when you look at it.

You may enjoy looking at it, but it doesn't interact with you via a program.

And you are using a quantum physics explanation of theory about the way the mind works ( Pribram's Theory ) and misapplying it to something that is merely a 3D hologram - not 'recognition holography'

CieAura was asked if they could demonstrate how a 'program' could be embedded in what is nothing more than the image you have on your credit card to prove it's authenticity - a CieAura hologram that supposedly 'depletes' when in contact with the human body, and if they could demonstrate the ability to tell a 'used' hologram from a 'new' hologram.

They didn't reply to any queries. Know why? It's all a big fat scam meant to lull people like yourself info a false sense of wonder and belief because of big words and hocus pocus to trick you into thinking it has some kind of effect other than your own mind playing tricks on you.

If the company could provide these simple proofs in a blind test - they would. Since they can't, they ignore them.

All the references in the world won't dismiss the fact that the validity of any of their claims can not be proven at all in any blind test.

The transparent hologram is the core of the CieAura scam. Plain and simple. If you have some proof to provide, I'll gladly retract all of my statement.

• March 9, 2010 11:48 AM PST
    • CieAura Scam

If I were deliberately avoiding the question why would I have posted a reply to begin with?

Your opinion is well taken... although I do not recall taking a position either way about the product.

I was merely suggesting to check-out some of the sciences they claim to have behind their product, which may help those who are concerned about it.

There are those who do believe in different sciences and alternatives that are not readily acceptable. Does it make those sciences or belief in them wrong if it works for the believer, even if others believe it is a mind trick? Isn't that really the same thing as a placebo?

If it is being said that it is subjective and positive results are achieved due to the power of suggestion as in a placebo effect, in the end isn't really the positive results (without negative side effects) the believer is after? If they are willing to pay for a product they believe in and they get the results they are after in the end isn't that what it is all about?

• April 16, 2010 8:19 AM PDT
    • CieAura Scam

But if they work on babies and my dogs, how can it just be the placebo effect? Have you tried them? If you have not, then I suggest you do not judge - They do work.

The results for the babies and the dogs are based on your perception - the dog can't tell you he is experiencing relief, nor can the baby.

Simple question - can you tell the different between a used hologram and a new hologram just by having it in contact with your body? Apparently CieAura won't respond to questions about whether they can detect a 'live' holographic patch from a 'used' holographic patch, and they manufacture it.

Can you? Would you submit to a blind test, where we take two CieAura holograms, 'use' one and not the other, send them both to you, and see if you can tell which is which?

Based on the CieAura hologram literature, we should be able to deplete one just by carrying it around in a pocket for a few days.

Sounds simple enough, yet no one ( CieAura included ) seems willing to step up to the challenge.

The video is totally relevant for the same reason - in a blind test, people claiming objects have some special healing or strength boosting power always fail when they submit to a blind test. Which is why most people and companies refuse to do them when it's all a placebo effect.

• April 27, 2010 8:52 AM PDT
    • CieAura Scam

So have you tried the chips?

Yes, if you want to get into the sales side of things, there is a distribution system. Network marketing has become a valid method of building a business.What do you think Avon is!

But you dont have to do that. You can just be a consumer. That way you only pay for what you use, and if it does not work for you, you stop buying!

I appreciate that you don't like the fact that you were misled about the purpose of the party. I personally prefer to hand out samples, and then let people decide if they want to buy or sell! But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

• June 13, 2010 1:45 PM PDT
    • CieAura Scam

I know someone who has just become a rep. THis is a total scam and she is bright, has a degree in bio-chem and I wonder why she has fallen for this bologna!! Anyway, I have asked her many times to explain the commission structure. She said that they cannot promise any money..... so how much do reps get paid? I am very curious. Did you ever make any money? Was it a total waste of your time? How hard was it to sell or interest people. I am  a (proud) Tupperware rep... I tried to encourage her that if she really wants to go into direct sales, at least join a company that has been established and successful for 52 years... not 2 months!!

Thanks for your comments!

TupperwareLady7

"You bring the people and I will bring the party!"

• June 13, 2010 1:50 PM PDT
    • CieAura Scam

I know someone who has just become a rep. THis is a total scam and she is bright, has a degree in bio-chem and I wonder why she has fallen for this bologna!! Anyway, I have asked her many times to explain the commission structure. She said that they cannot promise any money..... so how much do reps get paid? I am very curious. Did you ever make any money? Was it a total waste of your time? How hard was it to sell or interest people. I am  a (proud) Tupperware rep... I tried to encourage her that if she really wants to go into direct sales, at least join a company that has been established and successful for 52 years... not 2 months!!

Thanks for your comments!

TupperwareLady7

"You bring the people and I will bring the party!"

• January 3, 2010 4:06 PM PST
    • CieAura Scam

my mom is making me and my younger brother go to a demonstration for this company Cieaura, it seems you know a bit about why they are full of ***, i cant find much helpful info that i can bring as facts to ask the reps there so i might be able to talk my mom out of getting into this whack business. any helpful info you can give me would help a bunch.

Sorry kid, that sounds brutal. 

One of the first things I notice is that it seems to be impossible to contact the company through their website. No phone number listed, no contact emails and even the executive bio is very vague. Ken Rasner's bio says:

Founder and CEO of CieAura, LLC and co-owner/President of Harmonic FM, LLC; the company that manufactures CieAura transparent holographic chips.
      • Served as Senior VP for a $50 million direct sales company and as Executive Vice President helped a start-up network marketing company grow from under $650,000 a month to over $24 million of annualized sales in five months.
      • Nearly three years lived in Asia and served as president for a $240 million international network marketing company.

Why doesn't Ken Rasner name the company he served with as an executive VP?

Maybe because that company was Lifewave, a company ripped to shreds by WorldWideScam and selling a "patch"

LifeWave patches communicate with the body through the human magnetic field. This is known as resonant energy transfer. It sends the message, “transport fat to the mitochondria and make ATP” to the cells. This produces increased energy.

Here is his bio from Lifewave. Why would he NOT name the company in his current bio?

Ken Rasner

Ken heads up the network marketing arm and provides LifeWave with the sales strategies and infrastructure necessary to increase the success of each of our distributors.Some of these strategies include our 10 step action plan, our formal presentation, our pocket presentation, our 3 minute message, our communication systems, our recognition program, our 2-a-day CDs, and many other systems and tools that can be easily be duplicated.Additionally he assists in the development of our company promotions and coordinates our Advanced Training Workshops, Regional Conferences, and Super Saturdays.Ken has written, published and sold books and training CDs world wide on Network Marketing and brings over 30 years of teaching and training experience to LifeWave.

A unique combination of extremely successful ,in the field, experience together with exceptionally successful corporate experience allows Ken to contribute a wealth of talent and knowledge to help our distributors.Because of Ken,s extensive international experience, his expertise is a major asset as we expand globally.

Read this too for other red flags on this business:

http://www.npros.com/articles/redflags.asp

• December 27, 2009 4:55 AM PST
    • CieAura Scam

I just did more rCieAura research. This CieAura scam seems to have some of the same executive that came from another hologram nano-technology [ fill in the silly-scientific sounding babble terms here ] that was marketing an "organically constructed nano-antennas for the passive frequency modulation of the human magnetic field. These organic antennas, when properly constructed, are capable of passively modulating the human magnetic field for the purpose of communicating information to the human body via resonant energy transfer."

Basically, the same little decal with the printed hologram was being sold by Ken Rasner as VP of LifeWave. Now the little hologram decal is instead somehow imgregnated with a vibratory sound resonance that makes everything in your body sing together in perfect harmony.

Might as well just tell people you are selling Magic Stickers for a few hundred dollars a pop.

• March 9, 2010 10:43 PM PST
    • CieAura Scam

If it is being said that it is subjective and positive results are achieved due to the power of suggestion as in a placebo effect, in the end isn't really the positive results (without negative side effects) the believer is after? If they are willing to pay for a product they believe in and they get the results they are after in the end isn't that what it is all about?

Very valid point. If the results are being received as the result of the placebo effect, then perhaps the user is getting a positive result and maybe for them the result is all that matters.   The issue that I have with the CieAura scam is that even with positive results, it doesn't change the underlying fact that somewhere up the CieAura chain of command, someone knows the product is all smoke and mirrors.

I would like to know how many people who were skeptical have tried the product and received no result - and if they were able to receive any CieAura refund for the CieAura hologram.

• April 16, 2010 1:29 PM PDT
    • CieAura Scam

First of all, I came to this website at the request of my son, who is not a fan! of CieAura I mean. And no, he has not tried them. I have. And my arthritic dog does show marked improvement when he is wearing them. But most of all, I have had pain relief since I started them. And I know when they have fallen off, because I have the pain again! How can that be in my head?

I agree that the fact that CieAura has not shown that they can id a "used" chip is concerning. But that is a reflection on the company, not the chip.

I give these chips away to friends to try. They get back to me, because they find that they do have a posative effect. Do you believe in acupuncture? Just becasue something cannot be defined yet, does not mean it is not true.

I have been told that they have done placebo tests, and the chips passed. I do not know who or where or when. I assume eventually the information will be published.

• April 27, 2010 1:34 PM PDT
    • CieAura Scam

DrugFreeHealth,

Lets assume for a moment that I accept people are feeling health benefits. It's well known that people feel health benefits from placebo's too. I'm not claiming no one believes that they are feeling benefits from using the holograms.

But let's talk a moment about ethics, and not benefits.

CieAura keeps dodging the patent question, and there are several questions about the science behind the product.

If anyone knows this is just a placebo, it's Ken Rasner and CieAura.

Ethically, if someone is selling you a sugar pill and claiming its a pain medication, and the KNOW it's just a sugar pill, is that ethically and morally all right?

I don't doubt for a minute that some people are experiencing relief, or better sleep, or whatever. I firmly believe it's all the placebo effect, and the company knows they are just selling stickers.

Does that make it okay? Because some people are experiencing relief? Or is it still the CieAura scam?

• February 4, 2010 3:13 AM PST
    • CieAura Scam

I don't believe I have ever read a bio as vague as Rasner's.  Why doesn't he name the "major university" he taught at in So. California?  Probably because he never taught there. "One of Mr. Rasner's two master's degrees is in administration; the other is in music. He has served on the faculty at a major university in Southern California." 

Great points Watch Dog!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel