Forums General New Forum Requests
  • Topic: Discussion Forum

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 9, 2011 4:21 AM PDT
    • Discussion Forum

Hello WallaceL,

Thanks for the info. I've just posted a blog about My Shopping Genie as a short intro just before I read your reply. I've been involved in Network Marketing/MLM for over 20 years and although I spent all that time exclusively with one company, until a year ago, I have been aware of, and studied, many others over the years. I still have a sizeable organisation in my original company although my wife now runs that business as I had to resign when I joined another MLM company.

One of the reasons for finding another business wss that we had developed the business based predominently on nutritional products, mainly through our Chiropractic business. Sadly two of the main products were removed from the market in the UK and as a result a lot of customers, and distributors, sourced their needs elsewhere, at a cheaper price and left the business. I mention this because it is not an uncommon problem to find that customers are frequently tied to only one or two products and are therefore much more vulnerable to a product change, or removal, than a more committed distibutor.

I did join, only as a user, another company to obtain replacement products for our own use, and I was informed by my original company that I had broken their rules by joining another company and had to resign. This is all petty stuff and I only write this as a warning to people who are looking to create long term financial security in this industry about some of the possible pitfalls.

Fortunately,a friend of mine invited me to look at My Shopping Genie a year ago and to me it answered many of the questions and reservations I had about the industry. To be honest I was never very comfortable or good at selling product. I was good at 'selling' the concept of the business and the potential it holds for anyone who grasps the opportunity to become successful, and I still believe that to be true.

MyNet Universe is a technology company that has been developing and proving the Genie for four years now, and the new web-based Genie is the culmination of all that work. Together with the Genie, which gathers Pay-Per-Click income and Affiliate commissions, the monthly sub provides access to a video email service, a localised Groupon style Daily Deal site for smaller businesses and a branding facility that effectively allows companies to be on the front page of Google. You can see all that on the website link www.myshoppinggenie.com/crc .

• July 11, 2011 7:00 AM PDT
    • Discussion Forum

Wow, thanks for the brief intro Chris, just so I understood you correctly; You're saying that even if you join a competing company strictly as a consumer, it goes against the other company's policies? Seems like an awfully stern policy, especially if you and your wife relied on those products. I live faithfully by my beloved whey or hemp protein, and I can't imagine if I were selling it as a distributor; that I couldn't join a company that sold a similar product. In any event, I appreciate your input and always appreciate a little background on fellow posters. I may just do a small review on My Shopping Genie, and welcome you to correct any incorrect information I find and post in my research.

Best regards.

• July 11, 2011 8:49 PM PDT
    • Discussion Forum

That was certainly true at the time although I believe the rules have been relaxed if it is a non-competing organisation. It is always a problem if you are actively marketing more than one MLM business, not just from the credibility aspect as most companies have rules against poaching. Personally I would  recommend to anyone wanting to build a long lasting Network Marketing/MLM business that they carefully research and select one company and stick with it. Although a few people do make large incomes quickly the vast majority find that it takes time, and consistant and persistant application, to create the credibility needed to build a business. To be promoting two businesses, or to keep changing companies, is not helpful. I feel that it is really important to select a company that has been operating, and survived, long enough to have the best chance of continuing success, so any company without a proven track record of less than three years should be considered a high risk investment. There is nothing worse than enthusiastically building an organisation with a new ground floor opportunity only to find that the company folds after a year or so, and frequently even earlier.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel