Forums Scams FHTM
  • Topic: Fortune Hi-Tech and Texas Attorney General

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 16, 2011 6:07 AM PST
    • Fortune Hi-Tech and Texas Attorney General

This just in:

Fortune HiTech Marketing has agreed to refund up to $1.3 million to its Texas customers, resolving the Texas Attorney General?s investigation into potential Deceptive Trade Practices Act violations by the company, including allegations that it operated an illegal pyramid scheme. The settlement agreement prohibits Fortune HiTech from engaging in deceptive trade practices in the future and requires the company to refund up to $299 to each qualified Texas customer, up to a total of $1.3 million.

Fortune HiTech?s customers complained that the company falsely represented the earnings they would achieve if they became one its independent representatives.

Customers may obtain additional information about the settlement and download a refund claim form from the Texas Attorney General?s Consumer Protection Division at www.texasattorneygeneral.gov. Refund claims must be submitted to Fortune HiTech Marketing no later than November 28, 2011.

Read the complete post at http://www.npros.com/2011/11/16/fortune-hitech-marketing-to-refund-texas-customers/

• December 22, 2011 7:57 AM PST

LOL, this is great.  It reminds me of a political debate when one is gaining momentum & another has to dig up something to try to catch up.  I'm aware of previous lawsuits.  Amway has always been plaqued with lawsuits & they've been accused of being an illegal pyramid scheme countless times & they've been around 50 years & are the second biggest company.  Any company that changes an industry & turns it on it's head is gonna come under scrutiny including Walmart.  When you have reps with any company that go against company policy & start making income claims just to get people to join, then you're gonna have lawsuits when the quitters or the ones that joined & never got started decide to sue & get their money back.  It happens & the company cannot control this or be held at fault for the activities of a few bad apples.  We are in fact members of the DSA & chosen as 1 out of 10 of thousands of companies to be in the September 23rd direct sells insert of USA Today(Look it up!)  for our honesty & integrity & our unlimited payplan.  We've never joined the BBB because the scores of some companies don't reflect their history.  Members are indicated in blue & have better scores.  Imagine that!  We don't try to go to other companies conventions & try to recruit our old downlines by bribing them with money as one weight-loss company does.  Who wants to try to build long term residual income & generational wealth from one product anyway?  2 things will happen.  Either it doesn't work & no one will buy it or it will work & no one will need it.  We don't pay Donald Trump to endorse us on TV or have us on his show.  We don't stop paying after 7 levels when some of your best people come in at levels 30 & below.  We don't pay a percentage of $50 on a much bigger power & natural gas bill, we pay a percent of the entire bill!  You get 1099ed at the end of the year.  We get paid to infinity & we build teams so we don't have to go get customers every month!  That would be retarded!  We are paid on reoccuring bills that we gather one time!  We get bonuses while our residual income is slowly building in the background.  We are 11 years old & headed to number 1 so watch out! 

• December 23, 2011 4:12 AM PST

Your analogy is rather weak.

There is no debate - there's nothing to 'dig up'. You make it sound as if people are finding some deep dark secret about some FHTM exec and then posting that, and using it to tarnish the reputation of the company.

FHTM's troubles with the Texas Attorney General didn't require any digging - or any spin. It just is what it is. A fact.

As far as the BBB - I don't personally recognize the BBB as a source in most cases. They are a business - paid for listing members - and at times they do seem to tweak their ratings.

However, the one thing they don't tweak is the number of complaints. And FHTM has tons of them. Tons.

You are spinning so many false memes its almost impossible to address them all in one post. Donald Trump has never "endorsed" FHTM. He has his own company. This same spin has been used when ACN was mentioned on one of his apprentice shows. That's not an "endoresement" any more than having a Dell computer in your office means you are in a partnership with Dell or that they endorse YOU.

FHTM has been labeled by many as a pyramid because all the money is in recruiting, not in referral sales. I applaud your enthusiasm, but quit drinking the FHTM koolaid. ( apologies to koolaid ). Don't just spew out crap you've heard like a lemming until you've researched it. You sound like a talking points video for answering all the "no's" for why people don't want to sign up: 

Attorney General actions

Negative BBB ratings

Coupled with the usual fill-in-the-blank style vague claims of celebrity endorsements.

Finally, the are the second biggest company as compared to ...what? Second biggest in sales? Nope. Second biggest in number of distributors? Nope. They are not even in the top 10 on MLMRankings, and that is the most unbiased ranking resource on the Internet for MLMs and home based business. http://mlmrankings.com/fhtm/

• December 23, 2011 5:10 AM PST

Im sorry.. Ive been in the Direct sales industry for awhile now.. I never bash other companies but the lack of ethics and flat out lies these guys tell are a blight on the industry.. They are making everyone look bad with their spins and deception.. If they ever took the time to look at what a REAL company does instead of just buying into the BS from their uplines they would be shocked.. 

*FHTM wasnt "chosen" for anything.. They paid $1338 for the Add in the insert from DSN.. The DSN does not endorse or support any one company over another.. It was a simple Ad and nothing more.

* We were "endorsed" by the USA today is another thing they tell people.. What a crock.. The only thing USA today has EVER said about them are in articles like this http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/2010-10-15-multilevelmarketing14_CV_N.htm 

*Then they talk about "oh we were featured in Success magazine". ANOTHER  misdirection and simply paid advertising. Companies that are featured on the cover of Success From Home agree to buy at least $330,000 worth of issues, according to a description of the prerequisites obtained by USA TODAY

* Heres a good quote from them.. "people dont take shots at a burned out light bulb".. ha ha Jerry Sandusky is getting allot of attention too, Using their thought process He must be a Saint..

* They are NOT a member of the DSA.. look it up.. Their application was refused on a number of occasions. The DSA want nothing to do with them.

* they have a D- rating from the BBB, actually up from a F at one point. They never joined the BBB because they cant compete with ethical companies and are trying to hide the fact... to bad you cant escape Hoovers or Dunn & Bradstreet..

* They dont try to recruit from other companies?? Even mentioning something like that is a farce as it is against ANY companies policies to do that.. They Couldnt do it if they tried because they dont have a leg to stand on.

* I dont call gathering a bunch of affiliate links and 3rd part distribution 'turning an industry on its head".. They will NEVER be #1 at anything except taking credit for the worst comp plan.. EVER

HERE ARE SOME THINGs A REAL COMPANY DOES VS THEM>

An A+ better business rating and the same with Dunn&Bradstreet and Hoovers.. The BBB being a sham comments are rediculous.. Even if the BBB was a sham do you really want to have to explain that away all the time?? Isnt it easier to just get a real  businees partner rather than have to sign just anyone up quick before they get a chance to go home and check the internet? How much time do they like spending overcoming all the objections of the negative press?.. How many prospects do they have that go into the "prospect protection program" if they dont sign them on the spot?.. How many quit when they find out the truth? I can say from experience its nice to be able to say "take your time in making a decision, Do some research, the more you look the better WE look" Its much easier to have a company you can easily recruit for, plus they actually stick and stay because they make money.. I have actually turned down as many people as I have brought on (that will be a foreign concept to the MLM mentality)  I can sponsor 20 to their 1 because of these things.. I sponsor roughly 1 out of 5 people I talk to and they can go home and check the internet all they want without me having to innoculate them much at all.

This is not about promoting my own deal here, Anybody can beat FHTM.. Even companies like Arbonne that have traditionally been the worst paying. So I wont mention my company name but just as an example A "REAL" company will have:

*Less than 180,00 reps with over 500, million dollar earners to their 20

*Consecutive quarters of growth since day one and the SAME corporate team since DAY 1

*  ZERO negative press reports  or any other legitimate negative reports.         

* an 82% rep retention rate measured over 5 years (because 82% make money) rather than 1% at best (because only 1% make money or break even)

*an AVERAGE income of  over $75K/year                                                                                 FHTM is Approx $149/year (only including the ones getting paid)

*We include EVERYONE in our IDS                                                                                            
      They include ONLY the ones getting paid.

*Will have no less than 40 times more 6 figure earners per capita but Realistically  80 times more if  FHTM reps that earned ZERO were included in what they boast in their income disclosures.

* will have legitimate, negotiated partnerships with over 4500 retailers and 100s of manufacturers, rather than just a compiled list of affiliate links and 3rd party distribution lines,, One example is our strategic partnership with Mindy Grossman and HSN..  http://people.forbes.com/profile/mindy-f-grossman/100398

* Real cashback, searchable price comparrison search engine, We just bought shop.com that owns the patents on the technology Amazon used to make them #1

* $160+ million put back into the company over the last 2 years for branding and technology VS $1.4 Million

*Zero spent on Lawsuits,, Never had em, NEVER will..

* over 50million searchable products and services with price comparrison.

* will have more 6 figure earners per capita than ANY direct sales company by about 4 times at min.

*We measure success by how many we help make money                  They measure success by how much the guy at the top makes or made..

example: Paul Orbison made allot of money in MLM.. this is true HE made the money.. How do you measure success though?? Here is how I measure it..

The guy who holds the standing record for the last 18 years for getting the most people to a 6 figure income faster than anyone in the history of network marketing did it with OUR business model.. He did that 18 years ago and hasnt worked a day since.. His income has not dropped a dime and has only gone up.. Why? Because he created money earners, several hundred of them. He did not make the money at their expense like your typical MLM and the Paul Orbisons.. Being a big money earner means nothing if its at someone elses expense.. THAT IS NOT SUCCESS

Another example is this.. EVERY one of our reps that has a team of about  150 reps in their organization with 2-3 customers each (less than true average) is making over $1500 to $2100 per week just on residual alone and has ZERO to do with new reps coming on board. In FHTM you would need approx 8 to 10 times that many reps..Their "matrix" shows them making $68,000/month on their "bundles" we are well over $800,000/month when comparing apples to apples. Except this actually happens with us as obviously stated in the IDS and financial reports.. There is no argument or grey area here, Its documented fact as reported to the SEC, FTC and IRS by both companies.. I dont understand why someone would want to waste their time with trying to copy us and get paid so poorly in the mean time.. If they really cared about their people they would take them someplace they can actually make some money.. It MUST be a case of only listening to the upline rather than acting like a business person and doing the research on their own.

*We put out full financial reports,, They hide everything.

* we have done over 4.7Billion in sales and have paid out over 2.7Billion in commissions roughly 60% on every dollar..  They paid back around 5%to 30%, Its hard to tell as they refuse to disclose it.

*The undisputable fact is I can take ANY fhtm rep/team and increase their pay by at least 8 times overnight. Plus it will be permanent rather than temporary.. We only have to build this once.. Obviously,, They have to recruit them faster than they quit, over and over and over and over and over again...

I honestly feel bad for many of the reps over there because they just dont know. They have never had exposure to "the real deal" and they are too brainwashed to even look at anything else to see if they might be missing something... When EVERY SINGLE industry expert says FHTM is on very shaky ground it might be wise to listen to them rather than only the ones that would just say anything to keep you from quitting and spoiling their paycheck.. 

• December 23, 2011 5:30 AM PST

Please go back & read what I wrote.  I was referring to Amway when I said second largest.  I never said Donald Trump endorsed FHTM.  I was referring to ACN.  I can't reason with someone who "researches" companies.  All I can say is that if you want to learn & get experience, then you need to join for yourself & talk to someone who has had success & get yourself trained rather than google something & call it research.  Why would you want to base your decision on someone who failed is beyond me.  If someone had a bad experience, you don't know if they joined & then sat around or quit when someone told them no.  Everyone has different results with different companies.  It would be like someone spending money on golf clubs & lessons & then quitting when they had no success & tell everyone that it's bullshit.  You can really apply it to anything but people love to single out network marketing.  If you're lazy then don't waste your money & keep doing what you're doing.  No one makes money unless customers are gathered.  We build teams of people who gather customers for us, just like any other MLM.  Some people join & then never gather their initial customers so they never make money.  That happens with all MLM companies.  That's why they all get accused of being pyramids.  Many companies are publically traded & the reps don't make as much as the stockholders do.  They get maybe 30-40% of what the company generates.  We get back 90% of what we generate because we're privately owned.  I'll gladly look at any other company & switch if their pay plan is better. 

• December 23, 2011 6:17 AM PST

You cant get back 90%.. The company would sink.. NO company can operate on 10%.. You have no way of knowing what they actually pay back VS what they bring in.. FHTM does not disclose that. You are just repeating what you have heard and it does nothing but make matters worse for you guys..FHTM used to be about 5% or less but they had to switch the plan to keep from getting shut down.. I dont think its any more than 16% now on average though.. No one knows but Paul. 

I just showed you a better pay plan, better product line, better credibility, better branding etc.. VASTLY BETTER.. In fact its the highest paying plan in all of direct sales and with the highest success rate, per rep... BAR NONE!!  If it wasnt unethical to pull people from other companies I would say "So, I guess you will be switching to us now right?" ha ha

• December 23, 2011 8:05 AM PST

90%..??? I might have to rest my case on this one.. Network marketing is a BUSINESS not a signup game.. If you treat it like a signup game you will be in business with people that know nothing about running a business and the whole company will suffer. ANYONE that has any education in Business and how to operate one would know that their is no way a company can operate on 10% and saying something like that to people that matter just makes it look like you are running a get rich quick scheme. I would strongly suggest some business courses or training other than the biased kind they are feeding you.. Business does not run on Emotion and excitement, It runs on product, structure, Sales training.. etc.. Ive seen your trainings.. Its all emotion and stories.. NO substance on how to actually build a business.. You might want to hit some trainings from other companies in order to be successful. Theirs is not doing anyone any favors.. Again.. I cant fault you if you dont know.. You only know what you know.. Im just saying there is a whole other world out there with tons of credibility, pay and REAL support systems through standardized, effective, nuts and bolts SALES and Business training..

• December 23, 2011 8:46 AM PST

You're absolutely right about it being a business & it's all about moving products & services but this is a business that was created by a rep for reps with his own money.  It wasn't created for the owner to profit or a bunch of business owners or stockholders to profit.  He even calls you when you promote & you can tour the office & sit down & talk with him.  10% isn't that far-fetched if they're generating millions a year in revenue.  You have to also think about the people that get started & quit when they could have simply gathered 10 customers in their first 30 days & would have gotten their $99 back & the ones at the top who leave an awesome residual check behind because they think there is a shortcut somewhere else & they choose not to renew.  There is a lot of residual income that is unclaimed.  This money funds the vacations & the free cars & helps pay the corporate staff.  Our trainings are very good & consist & cover all aspects of building a successful business.  

I respect your opinions MSSI.  You sound  much more intelligent than most of the bashers, lol.  What is your company & what do you market.  I'd be glad to take a look & compare.

• December 23, 2011 9:42 AM PST

I know the tagline 'for reps, by reps" but then they proceed to make it the most top heavy plan in the industry.. I dont get that one.. Cant you see that? Has anyone NEW broken into the top 10 earners category in the last 10 years?? I know the answer, so how can it possibly be an even playing field. Im just trying to help you out here.. Im not saying your at fault or are doing something wrong..

10% is VERY far fetched especially because thats NOT how they pay no matter what they are telling you.. If they are in fact telling that to you, its a flat out LIE and perhaps Paul can explain that when your in his office after your promotion...Add up all the percentages you get paid from in your comp plan and average it out amongst the levels.. Its less than 16% from what I can tell and I believe Im being very generous at 16.. Its probaly more like 5%.. But either way How can they say they pay 90%?  If your getting 16% from group sales thats what they are paying back.. How does 16% magically turn into 90%..   Your cars are Leases they are by no means "free".. Im sorry I get passionate about this but I just hate seeing people get taken advantage of so blatantly..Again its not YOUR fault.. Up to this point you are just a victim.. After that though you are a volunteer.. People ARE NOT leaving FHTM for the reasons your upline is telling you.. You should probably talk to some of them and hear it straight from the horses mouth.. The things you are saying are EXACTLY what the other reps say.. Its what you are being led to say and believe.. I would strongly suggest just getting into the network marketing world as a whole and learning everything you can..  Getting your info from only one source in this business is highly detrimental.

WOW!! When a rep leaves, the company jumps in and pays themselves on that spot rather than close it out and allow for more income for the reps???  Im FLOORED by that one. Not sure about that one.. might want to check your source.. That just sounds like 10 kinds of illegal to me. but I could be wrong on that. If that the case they would have to maintain the activity requirements on each  spot and and submit the required documents to the IRS/FTC showing 70% of sales going to real customers like your required to do quarterly, now to stay a legal distributor.  What happens to the customers?? Corporate maintains the customers?? Does the "upline" still get credit for the activity?.. Somethin aint right there....  Send me an email at mssi2@verizon.net I would be happy to network with you or help you out where I can..

• December 23, 2011 11:40 AM PST

It wouldn't make sense or be fair if they gave away the residual income to other reps that didn't earn it.  Instead, they roll it into the vacation program or the car lease program to reward those who work hard.  I've been in for a while & I'm earning a great residual income & so is my team & we're pretty happy about it as well as the customer acquisition bonuses.  I don't see a problem with the pay plan.  We get paid a higher residual income at the 8th level where most companies stop because Paul knows that you'll have more customer gatherers on your 8th level than on your first couple.  We gather customers & other customer gatherers.  Half of the top earners have joined only 2 or 3 years ago & work very hard.  Due to the advancements of websites, webinars & trainings in the last few years, you can advance quickly & pass your upline.  They're are on the leaderboard repeatedly & help us out tremendously at trainings.  I don't need to get out a calculator & figured it all out.  My website tracks it all & I get a nice check every week.

We've just added Xoom Energy to our companies.  We offer power & natural gas in deregulated markets.  It will be the next transfer of wealth just like long distance 20 years ago.  The CEO & his lawyers must have seen something pretty remarkable with this company.  Charlie Ergen, Billionaire & former President & CEO of Dish Network personally came out & set up a Dish in the parking lot for demostration 10 years ago & we've had a strong relationship ever since.  We are their largest gatherer of loyal customers.  Charlie is one of the richest people in the US & was in Forbes magazine as one of the top CEOs of a company.  He & his lawyers seem pretty happy with the company as well.  We market cell phones, home phones, internet service, health & beauty, contact lenses, health & nutrition, energy drinks, golf, power & gas & soon to be coffee, pre-paid cell phones, & medical id cards & a dial-a doctor service.  Stuff that people will use no matter how bad the economy gets.  The posibilities are endless.  It is designed to change with the times.

• December 23, 2011 12:56 PM PST

Yeah I get it.. I know what they do.. They try to copy us, line for line except they fall very short.. We are the "Amazon.com"  to their  "garage sale">> i just dont understand why someone would want to waste their time listening to a company telling their reps that they are inventing the Wheel.. Sorry Its already been done,, VERY successfully i might add..

You dont create a pardigm shift or turn an industry on its ear just by trying to make a carbon copy of whats already been done.. A company might actually have to have an original idea of their own.... You guys are always saying you have the best thing out there yet refuse to look at anything else or even acknlowlege the fact that its even possible.. We are doing the Excact same thing you are but with More products, Better backing, Better technology, credibility, sales track record, no legal issues, products, services, training, pays no less than 10 times more for the excact same effort.. 80% higher on retention.. Seriously? it can be as simple as comparing the IDS.. How can you argue the fact that our AVERAGE UFO does over $75,000 VS FHTMs $149 per year.. There are companies out there that pay 40 to 80 times higher for the same efforts.. AND THIS DOESNT BOTHER YOU?????

Its like saying here are 2 - 1000 pound piles of rocks..  I want you to move just one of them to the back yard 

OPTION A: .. The one on the left you can use a tractor for and ill pay you 100K a year for life when your done..  

OPTION B : The Pile on the right you can only use this little plastic Fisher-Price shovel for, and for every piece you drop or loose you put it back in the pile and start over again.. When your done with moving that pile Ill pay you about $500 bucks per year but you have to rebuild the pile every year in order to get it..

You Are choosing OPTION B.. Why? And why would you try to lead ANYONE else  into doing something that not the best possible option for them? I seriously wouldnt be able to sleep at night If i knew thats what I was doing...  Im sure you STILL refuse to believe thats what you are doing.. But Seriously! do you really believe EVERY industry expert on the planet thats not part of FHTM has a problem with them becausue they are jealous and because they are doing something so well?? Do you REALLY believe that??..  Im not trying to just bash a company here.. i never do that. I am trying to stick up for the indusrty as a whole and defend it from the companies that give direct sales a bad name and makes hard working, honest peoples jobs very difficult..

Im tired of having to clean up the mess companies like this leave behind.... Feel free to contact me and we could have a conversation about this so you dont think im ripping you personally... Its nothing personal.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel