Forums Fundraising Fundraising Forum
  • Topic: Fundraising Guide

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 3, 2008 5:12 AM PDT
    • Fundraising Guide

Hi JT,

I don't have a fundraising guide, but I would be more than happy to share some of the things that I do to approach schools, etc. I hope that you will be able to tailor these things to your own business.

Business Cards/Catalogs:  My business cards, and catalogs state right on them that I do fundraisers in big red letters.  I leave these everywhere I go, doctors offices, bank, salon, etc.  Ask permission first of course.

Word Of Mouth:  When I do a home party, or set up at craft shows, and events I come right out and ask if they know anyone who would be interested in information on fundraisers. 

Contests/Drawings:  All of my contest slips have a line that aks..."Are you interested in receiving information on fundraising?".  I contact them by telephone to let them know I will be sending them information, and then call again about a week later to make sure they've received the information.  I have picked up quite a few fundraisers this way.

I always carry packets with information on fundraising with me.  When I see groups having car washes, sub-sales, etc. I stop get my car washed, or buy a sub, and ask if they would be interested in my fundraising information.    Almost all of the time they say yes.  I have received many fundraisers from this as well.

Call the school districts in you area.  Ask who is the band director, althletic director, PTO President etc.  Get a mailing address, and mail them some information.  They will usually pass it on to whoever is in charge of raising money.

I've sent cards out to local dance, gymnastics, and church groups, day care centers, etc.  Just letting them know I do fundraisers, and would be happy to meet with them to provide more information.  I also ask them to keep me in mind if they decide to do a fundraiser later on down the road.

Don't get discouraged if you do not see results right away.  I usually find that the efforts I put out in the spring, and over the summer provide results in the fall, and the efforts I put out in the fall, generate results in the spring.

I hope that this is helpful to you, and wish you the best of luck!!

Dana

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel