Forums Scams Business Scams
  • Topic: GoScraper - The Scam Tool for SPAM Fools

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 31, 2011 7:23 AM PDT
    • GoScraper - The Scam Tool for SPAM Fools

If you are not familiar with GoScraper, here's the deal.

It's a software program that goes out and "scrapes" email addresses and phone numbers from web pages. It's being marketed to MLM and Network Markets as a tool to reach other marketers in the business.

Here's the main problem - sending unsolicited emails is against the law.  Calling people who may be on a do-not-call list isn't much better. Either way, it's completely unethical.

Another problem - you're scraping the same pages as everyone else, for the same email addresses.

It's like buying a list of leads that's already been used a few hundred times.

The GoScraper software costs $99.00. $49 goes to the company, $50 goes to whoever referred you.

Non-refundable. In theory.

Probably better off paying for PPC advertising on Google Adwords or buying opt-in MLM leads from Safeleads.com than buying a tool to help you spam people.

• March 31, 2011 11:22 AM PDT

GoScraper is to real marketing what Boones Farm is to fine wine.

Whats worst about the program is that it also jacks the server logs of the sites it scrapes. Its fake traffic. We had an problem with them at my last company and we got hundreds of 404 blown page errors everyday because GoScraper couldnt even follow the sitemap in its searh for emails to spam.

• March 31, 2011 11:26 AM PDT

There are people marketing GoScraper via YouTube videos.

They show how easy it is to scrape emails and phone numbers.

They dial using Gmail Internet phone.

They try to get people to buy GoScraper...so they can get a $50.00 commission and teach the new lemming to do the same thing.

Haven't seen one video or testimonial from anyone selling any other product using this Scrape & Spam method. Guess GoScraper only appeals to other people who want to spam other people who want to spam other people ( cut and paste ad infinitem )

• April 1, 2011 4:46 AM PDT

Whats worst about the program is that it also jacks the server logs of the sites it scrapes. Its fake traffic. We had an problem with them at my last company and we got hundreds of 404 blown page errors everyday because GoScraper couldnt even follow the sitemap in its searh for emails to spam.

Add a page to your server that includes the phone numbers for all of the Attorney General offices in the country. Or the direct number to various police departments. Since the program just scrapes, and the spammers / telemarketers just drop the numbers into an autodialer, that ought to fix them pretty quick.

• March 31, 2011 11:37 PM PDT

Oh I very much dislike these stupid programs and they lead nowhere but spamville. I was just watching a video on YouTube of a guy explaining and pushing this and I noticed he had elft his comments disabled. I am not very good at conflict and confrentation but I really had it in mind to just give him a huge piece of my mind and tell him what a jerk I think he is for perpetuating anything like this. Unethical is putting it lightly, I have lost several email accounts, some one I had for over a decade but I just couldn't keep it clear of spam. All kinds of spam, 150 emails a day of junk, and that is to say nothing of telemarketers, which is also pretty frequent, at least once to twice a month, and is that too much? YES!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel