Forums Complaints ACN Complaints
  • Topic: ACN Complaints

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 4, 2010 6:02 AM PDT
    • ACN Complaints

I never thought I would post a company complaint on a forum, but I think ACN is a scam and I wanted to find out if anyone else out there had a similar experience with them.

I attended an ACN meeting at the urging of a family friend who reassured me that the company was great and said he was making so much money that he was planning to buy a new car in the next couple of months. They put the pressure on and asked for a one time fee of $499.  On top of the $499, they signed me up with 2 accounts, one supposedly for a demo, the other for my personal use. They said it would be $25 a month.  Actually, I was charged $43 a month for both accounts. On top of my two accounts, I started to sign up for a landline, which they said would be $25 per month as well. But before completing the form, I told them I had to go to work. I never signed the form for the landline. I told them I'd be back tomorrow and left. On my drive to work, I decided to cancel the whole thing.

I immediately called ACN and asked to cancel my representative account. I was able to get my $499 back. I thought everything was over. It wasn't and to this day still isn't. At the end of that month, I was charged $43 for both of my accounts and $80 for the voip boxes, which they had said would be 10 dollars each. I called ACN again to complain and demanded that they cancel the landline, saying that I had never authorized it. They threatened to take me to court. I asked them to fax me a copy of the application and it was signed, but it was definitely not my signature. So basically, someone forged my signature on the form and now I'm stuck with a bill for a service I never authorized!!

Does anyone else have a similar complaint about ACN? Did you ever manage to straighten it out?

• September 4, 2010 11:25 PM PDT
    • ACN Complaints

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about this, and it makes me mad for you to hear that companies get away with stuff like this. One thing I would suggest, is that you should go to court and show examples of your real signature. I'm going to go out on a limb here though and guess that you had signed other papers when signing up for the $499 deal, and they had a sig of yours already to forge.

I do think it sounds fairly extreme that a company will go this far, but it definitely doesn't surprise me and it seems like stories like this pop up all the time with MLM reps. I am curious to know why ACN would try to take you to court over the land line, after refunding your $499? It seems strange to me that they would say that. Are they taking you to court because you said you will not pay the fees that have already been charged?

Either way, if it is at all possible to prove the signature is not yours, you may actually be able to counter sue.

• September 6, 2010 3:07 AM PDT
    • ACN Complaints

A few years ago I was pitched on ACN because of their new "Video Phone". Unfortunately, I already had Skype and Yahoo and could do the same thing on my computer - free.

The ACN rep went on to pitch me on how it made it possible to get "Grandma and Grandpa" involved, because the ACN Video Phone was so simple to use - just pick it up and dial like a regular phone and the video image appears on the phone. I have to agree that's a definite benefit, but that also means you have to pitch Grandma and Grandpa on ACN and get them to enroll ( or pay for it yourself ). Just two more opportunites for ACN complaints about the product or service.

I'm sticking with the free video options.

• April 3, 2012 4:39 AM PDT
    • ACN Complaints

Hey I recently just signed up for ACN. I want to cancel so I called customer care and she said to fax a statement. Do you remember what to put on that statement? Please help, I need to do it by sunday or i wont get my money back :[

• April 12, 2012 8:42 AM PDT
    • ACN Complaints

lol welcome to acn lolol i had the same shit 

• November 9, 2010 12:13 AM PST
    • ACN Complaints

I'd definitely stick with whatever is free, and besides, old folks get kind of a bad rap when it comes to computers. Most elderly people that keep tight tabs on grandkids and family tend to have computers etc, and if they do, they shouldn't have an issue plugging yahoo with a webcam in. I will agree with you, and admit that if the video phone really is as simply as dialing a number than that is definitely sweet, but I happen to think its a matter of time before that feature comes with all household phones anyway, in which case the video phone would go the way of the home stereo, only with a fraction of its lifespan.

• April 12, 2012 8:46 AM PDT
    • ACN Complaints

what statement go read the policy how to cancel with them and take the action and call ur bank or ur credit card and tell them to stop getting charge from this acn account that's the 1st thing u need to do

www.platinum1.jeunesseglobal.com

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel