Forums Home Party Companies Longaberger
  • Topic: Longaberger Purses

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 21, 2011 3:15 AM PDT
    • Longaberger Purses

Fantastic. Why? because I had no idea that Longaberger made purses, and I have been buying "Longabaskets" as we refer to them in our family for years. My mother has owned the same one for over 30 years, and it hasn't aged at all, not a single loose weave. So naturally, I spent all of the last week looking for a replacement purse since my Hollister decided to give in to the wear and tear of my life. wuss. Oh well, so I looked online, saw this, that, those and them, lots of choices, killer styles, some at killer prices, and sure enough after a long rigorous search for the absolute perfect end all arguments and debates bag, I see the Longaberger name pop up. Well, I can say that I'm not worried about early breakage with these guys, because everything I've ever bought from them has managed to outlive all of its contenders.

I'm a durability girl, even more so than looks, but I have managed to find both in one fantastic bag. Oh no, you know it didn't end there, I bought a tote bag as well, and maybe a few small accessories that we won't talk about here. They call their main line, "Sisters Handbags"  and they are all made from quality fabrics which do uphold the universal laws of trend and style. I bought a Mid-sized bag that has a bugazillion pockets and my favorite thing of all:  Magnetic closure! I know that may seem a bit superficial but I'm kind of like a "ooo look, a shiny thing" kind of girl. I got my bag in the "secret" pattern which is beautiful, for those night/black loving girls. :)

I'm psyched so far about my bag, there is only one thing that bugged me and that is that the shoulder strap is not quite right a feel, but I'm willing to get used to it for the sake of how much I love the rest. If I were slick with a needle and thread I might consider making my own strap using the same fabric but I'm really too afraid to do any alterations. The bag itself was only 50 bucks, which isn't bad, I have spend over a hundred and fifty only to hate just about everything about it. I am really hoping to turn some attention over to these guys because these purses are really awesome, and not really what you might expect from a company that makes mostly baskets.

buh bye!

• May 26, 2011 11:38 PM PDT
    • Longaberger Purses

Hmm, well you learn something new everyday, I had no idea they made purses either. I wish we had more female posters willing to look at the lineup and give an opinion about the style. Is it in line with what's hip today? Or are many women like Caspean, and prefer durability...come on ladies chime in and let us know what is more interesting to you. For some reason I find it difficult to imagine Longaberger having a ton of success with making purses that attract a piece of the market, but who knows, maybe they are superb?

• May 31, 2011 3:18 AM PDT
    • Longaberger Purses

Hello everyone!

Wallace, I took a look here and I do have a few comments to add to this topic. I think there is the assumption that Longaberger has gone into the purse market, but that isn't quite how it is going down. All they did was make a meager line of handbags, and they are ok, not my kind of handbag, but nice. There are four different types and three different patterns I think. That is as far as they have gone and I am not sure if they have plans to expand further or even if they are going to continue since they are already retiring one of the designs. On one hand, you are correct in saying that Longaberger has gone into the hand bag market, but I equate it with Cosmopolitan Magazine's attempt at making Yogurt. Many gals may remember that one, which only lasted about two years. As many people know, Cosmopolitan was and is, a very successful company, but that doesn't mean it made any real contributions to the dairy products world. In that case the yogurt was really gross! but in Longaberger's case, it has managed to introduce these bags as little more than an accessory. So its a very small line of items added to their catalogue, but hardly an attempt at penetrating the purse market. I wonder if they have made any public statements regarding the future of their bag line...

• July 18, 2011 1:10 PM PDT
    • Longaberger Purses

Hi everyone!

I actually had looked at the purse line a few weeks ago too.  You know, just checking out the "competition". :)

I haven't seen one in person, but they look very similar to Vera Bradley and Thirty-One (fabrics and styles)  The prices are pretty reasonable but the selection is poor (in my opinion).  I don't think they've gone deep enough into the product assortment to say it's a new line.  It seems as though they are trying it out to see if purses will sell too.  I have no basis for this other than my opinion - I have no idea how long they have been offering purses. 

If someone were looking at Longaberger as a business, I would advise them to stick to their core products of baskets and accessories for making their decision, rather than the "new" line of purses.  

Just my two cents :)

• June 1, 2011 5:29 AM PDT
    • Longaberger Purses

Heya Linda, thanks for clearing that one up a bit, I really wasn't sure why every time I did a search, I kept seeing the same patterns lol. Now I know why. I appreciate the reply, since I didn't have much to contribute as a consumer...

• July 19, 2011 12:34 AM PDT
    • Longaberger Purses

Hey there, welcome back Ivette, I was wondering if we'd lost you.

• July 19, 2011 12:36 AM PDT
    • Longaberger Purses

Hi Jacob!

No, I'm still here.  Just got tied up with some personal stuff.  I'll be sharing a little of my story shortly.  

Thanks for saying "hi"!  :)

Ivette

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel