Forums Work From Home Business Forums Orovo Forum
  • Topic: More OROVO Answers from Min Kim - And Concerns

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 7, 2008 4:05 AM PDT
    • More OROVO Answers from Min Kim - And Concerns

I received a 2nd response from Min Kim of OROVO on the numerous complaints on RipOffReport and the BBB on her 50% partner and 'former CEO' Garrett DeVore.

The response is ludicrous.  It blames those BBB complaints and the comments on RipOffReport on "Garrett's competitors" and says they are 'lies'.

This simply defies logic. My other questions were not answered.

Subject: RE: orovo
      To: Min Kim
      Date: Saturday, September 6, 2008, 7:04 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt responses.

The BBB report indicates that Orovo and several other company names are all part of the same general umbrella of companies:

Orovo, LLC

Leptovox Co.

Blackstone Nutrition

Liposeduction

Noxycut

with products produced by Garrett Devore labs. 

A lengthy post on the “Yahoo Answers” site points out that Lipovix and Leptovox are nearly identical compilations, with almost the identical ‘story’ about the inventor who saw the Oprah show and came up with the formulation.

Most of the complaints on the BBB are related to these prior entities.

Other than the packaging, wouldn’t  it be accurate to say that Orovo is marketing the same products produced by Garrett DeVore labs, that he is a 50% and/or controlling partner, and this is just the same business under a new company name and a new label?

You mentioned that your attorney is trying to change the BBB information – what exactly is incorrect?

The prior complaints all appear to be valid consumer complaints about the prior Garrett DeVore businesses, with a significant history of non-response to those complaints.  Also, there’s a significant number of recent complaints about Garrett Devore and Garrett Devore Labs on “ripoffreport.com” that point to failure to honor the money back guarantee, etc.

What guarantee do consumers and potential distributors have that the same won’t happen again, when it appears that this is exactly how Garrett Devore ran those previous companies?

You also asked where I found your email – while I was researching, I found it on a page on an Orovo review page ( not the ones by Stephen Devore) that apparently prompted some nasty responses from someone claiming to be CEO of the company. 

MIN KIM's RESPONSE:

Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2008 9:45 PM
      To: Doc
      Subject: RE: orovo

Thanks for the email.  Ripoff reports and other complains, most of them are lies.  They are just lies from Garrett's competitors.  I have nothing to do with lipovox, etc.  I stand for Orovo and only for orovo.  Orovo has NOTHING to do with those companies. 

If you want to belive me in that OROVO has best products, prices and customer support, or not, it is upto you.  I can tell you that a lot of things on internet is untrue.  But if you want to believe me when i say that, it is upto you as well.

Try us if you want, and you can find out whether we are a quality company or not.  You don't have to.

Good luck!!!

Thanks for your email.

Min

--------------------------

Hi Min,

That’s rather absurd – to say those comments are ‘lies from competitors’.

What competitors would go to the trouble of disparaging Garrett Devore and his products?  There are hundreds of other companies selling similar products who have not racked up the kind of BBB and Ripoffreport.com history that Garrett Devore has.

But it also explains why you do not tout him as CEO and why the company does not reveal that info when requested in the past.

Seriously, that has to be the lamest excuse I’ve ever encountered for a pattern of negative business practices in all the time I’ve ever reviewed businesses and business opportunities.

Thanks for your time in responding, but you should come up with a better response than “Those are lies from competitors”.

Regards.

• September 7, 2008 4:30 AM PDT

Ripoff reports and other complains, most of them are lies.  They are just lies from Garrett's competitors.  I have nothing to do with lipovox, etc. 

I guess that answers ALL my prior questions.  What a lame quote.  She admits that Garrett DeVore used to be CEO, that he's a 50% partner, but knows nothing about lipovox, etc.  What kind of business partner doesn't know about your partner's prior history.  Who believes that consumer complaints are just lies created by your obscure and unknown partners competitors?  This is going to be interesting. Wondering how long before someone like the FDA steps in to take a closer look at OROVO and Garrett DeVore labs and the mysterious Y Min Kim?

Any takers on how long before the OROVO brand ends up in the trash can along with Lipovox, Lipotricks, liposcam, or whatever other prior names Garrett DeVore labs used then discarded before partnering up with Min Kim? 

Hey Min -- there's already a fresh new complaint on RipOffReport from August 21st, 2008 about OROVO -- and it definitely doesn't read like a competitor "telling lies" about your company:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/365/RipOff0365563.htm

"I ordered 5 bottles of Orovo Detox for $200+. I had ordered this product previously and it was delivered promptly.

This time? I have been waiting three months and still no product. They hide behind an email address. They have come up with every imaginable excuse. They have acknowledged that they have been paid, and have repeatedly said they would ship but they have not. Their last excuse? They are out of stock.
      "

• September 22, 2008 3:40 PM PDT

Doc & Mr. Heron,

I had the pleasure of meeting with the Vice President and Marketing of Sales for Orovo this weekend, and shared your postings.  I do apologize getting this information to you a day later than promised, but it looks like most of you two’s questions have been answered already.  But to affirm what was asked... Yes, Garrett Devore is a partner with Min Kim in Orovo, but Min handles the running of Orovo on a daily basis.  As to any dealing Garrett has had with other companies in the past, Min is not associated with them, and again is the go to person for Orovo. 

In regards to what you both have posted:  To you saying that...

The response is ludicrous.  It blames those BBB complaints and the comments on RipOffReport on "Garrett's competitors" and says they are 'lies'.

I humbly say that it does not defy logic.  It happens every day, and usually by one specific person or entity.  Our personal Accountant has gone through such an experience as this, and to him it is not absurd or lame, but reality. 

As to the "Yahoo Answers" and identical stories, I have yet to read such a story on the Orovo site.  From where did these people get their information, for no such thing is posted on the official Orovo website.  Also, when did "how the product came about, or who formulated it" determine the effectiveness of it?  As if that answer could negate the fact that many people, even those I know personally, have seen an improvement in their health, along with other things.

In regards to the posting…

"She admits that Garrett DeVore used to be CEO, that he's a 50% partner, but knows nothing about lipovox, etc.  What kind of business partner doesn't know about your partner's prior history." 

Mr. Kim never suggested he didn't know anything about Lipovox, he specifically said that

"I have nothing to do with lipovox, etc.  I stand for Orovo and only for orovo.  Orovo has NOTHING to do with those companies."

And to what pattern of negative business practices do you refer to?  Assuming you've not done business with him personally, I would presume it was when you called the Support Staff and asked about corporate information.  I wouldn't call this a pattern of negative business practices, but one with a new and growing staff.  Min, with Orovo, has outstanding business practices, and may I say personally from having worked with him and his team, a very strong moral code with excellent integrity. 

Also, it was stated in a post…  

You mentioned that your attorney is trying to change the BBB information – what exactly is incorrect?

It seems that BBB had Orovo mixed in with other companies and cataloged complaints.  Having reviewed further, it seems that what Mr. Kim wrote earlier,

“I know what BBB has on their file and my attorney is trying to change all that currently.  It is not correct information.”

is indeed true.   If you compare the posting on 09-05-2008 you will see that there is a great deal of information that has been updated.  I can attest to the fact that no structural or corporate change has taken place in Orovo, which brings us to the conclusion that the information given on BBB was wrong.  http://utah.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=139&bbb=1166&firm=22222832

And last but not least, and I say this is the meekest of ways, please, I beg you to do your research before bringing up complaints about a company that another person has posted.  I would understand if you had posted a personal complaint, but to quote someone else without researching it thoroughly is unjust on many levels, not only to Orovo & Min, but to the readers.  In regards to the ripoff report that was mentioned…

Hey Min -- there's already a fresh new complaint on RipOffReport from August 21st, 2008 about OROVO -- and it definitely doesn't read like a competitor "telling lies" about your company:  http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/365/RipOff0365563.htm

... it is referring to www.orovostore.com, which is an online distributor located in CA not associated with the corporate division of the official Orovo, Orovo LLC.  Yes, the complaint is real, as some are, but it is not in any way directed towards Min and his company, but to the distributor itself.  The distributor even has posted this on his site All of the views, statements, opinions and claims made by this website represent the sole opinion of The Orovo Store. Orovo LLC is not liable for any of the products sold on this website. The Orovo Store is a reseller of Orovo products and not the manufacturer. All claims made by this website do not in any way represent Orovo LLC. The Orovo Store, its customers, and potential customers waive rights to hold Orovo LLC liable for any issues arising from this website and sale of products. All complaints, returns, and customer support related issues must be made to The Orovo Store *(info@orovostore.com).” *Email address added from the orovostore.com site.

It was an honest mistake, but you can see for yourselves how easy it is to misinterpret and spread misleading information.   How quickly 'bad news' duplicates on the internet is truly amazing, but even worse is when the general public begins reading the same thing (whether it's true, or misleading in this case) and they, with all certainty, assume it is factual.  Excuse my language, but there's a saying in our house "If you throw enough crap on the wall, some of it is bound to stick."  Let's stop throwing, I'll say... 'crap' and get to the true reliable information.  I'd like to see if there is anyone out there who has ordered a product, or taken part in the business opportunity with Orovo as I have and see what they have to say about it (instead of writing hearsay).

Now, gentlemen, you may decide to never join Orovo (and that's ok), or may have been taken aback by information found in diligent research, but please lay aside any indifferences and weigh the facts accurately.  There is nothing you’ve asked about previously that was not answered in all truthfulness and in the utmost respect.  

I say this again, and with a greater affirmation than before, that I am so glad to be a part of this company, Orovo LLC (for clarification), and our family knows with out a shadow of doubt that we have the greatest privilege to be working with such a Wonderful company and with such an Excellent team.

With the Greatest Respect,

Angela

http://www.liverichopportunity.com

http://www.orovo.com/livingrichly

• September 23, 2008 8:43 AM PDT

Angela,

Thanks for your response.

That has to be the most reasonable and intelligently worded response to any post questioning a company's info that I have ever seen on any message board.

I was waiting to get flamed over the info I found and reposted, so kudos for responding so professionally.

Although I may not agree 100% about Garrett DeVore and his past history as found on the Internet, I do definitely agree not everything found on the internet is necessarily credible.  I'm glad you responded to each element.  It makes a huge difference and hopefully helps sort out the 'crap' that gets thrown at the proverbial wall.

Orovo an Min Kim should hire you as PR Director. 

I hope you have exellent luck with the business, and post about your success as a distributor.

Cheers

JT

• October 1, 2008 9:38 AM PDT

JT,

I had to blush at your posting.  I get very passionate about truth, but always want to present it in a professional manor.  I'm glad it came across as such.

It would be nice having a paid position as the PR :) but I have a feeling they may want me on the front lines sharing the product and getting the word out, which I more than happy to do.

As for posting how we are doing with the business, I definitely will.  It's my passion to help and serve others in any way possible, and if I can help people out of financial debt while turning their health around, I will share it.

Cleaning the Proverbial Wall, (grin)

Angela

http://www.orovo.com/livingrichly

http://www.liverichopportunity.com

• February 8, 2009 9:29 AM PST

I too am an OROVO distributor since Summer 2008.  I have found this company to be ethical, and products very reasonably priced for the quality they provide.

I am sorry you happened to order thru someone who 'fell down' on the job of representing OROVO in an appropriate manner. Perhaps you could try the Orovo products thru someone else, or at the company's direct online site.

Thank you for your input and concerns!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel