Forums MLM Reviews MPBToday Reviews
  • Topic: MPB Today and AmazonFresh

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 24, 2011 1:42 AM PST
    • MPB Today and AmazonFresh

I read an article today in the financial times that says that Amazon is developing a free weekly home delivery service for groceries.

I am wondering if this is happening at the worst possible time for MPB Today and its reps, since this seems to impact their MLM offering by providing access to groceries nationwide, when it seems as if MPB Today can only ship non-perishables outside of a very specific area near their headquarters.

Amazan has nationwide grocery sales service in UK and Germany, so they have already used and polished the business model before launching here in the US.

• June 5, 2011 11:07 AM PDT

Is AF a MLM?

• June 6, 2011 1:00 AM PDT

Hey fellas,

The service you're referring to is called Amazon Fresh as you know, and while I'm not particularly fond of Amazon and some of their business rates, I think this is going to be everything that Peapod and MPB couldn't be, and I'll tell you why. Say what we will about Amazon.com, they know what they're doing. They have the financial capability to implement and try any type of service they want with little to worry about. They have the information/ do's and don'ts that came from those before them by studying Peapod and MPB. If I remember correctly, Peapod crashed and is no longer in operation (as far as I know) and if Amazon's latest endeavor is successful and it most likely will be, it has the potential to become the NETFLIX of the grocery industry. I don't believe MPB will be able to do a thing, unless they quickly offer something Amazon doesn't (whatever that may be). MPB could possibly focus on something specific, like organics, or maybe cleaning products, but Amazon is sort of designed to offer what really amounts to an infinite variety of products. This means that anything you find at MPB would most likely be found on Amazon. This is and has always been a fantastic concept, but all attempts at implementing it have been the cause of failure, either due to delivery inefficiency, cost, or management, but if you back something like this with a financial powerhouse, I really don't see how it can fail.

Versatile Delivery Time

Amazon Fresh is not only offering to deliver, but they're actually going to give you a choice of before 6am, or during the day. That already removes limits to the audience they are catering to. Although they're currently situated in Seattle, they will expand across the country so long as the service is wanted.

Selection

Based on local areas, the source of the food is going to be interesting, and I haven't figured out what they mean by local selection. For example, there are only so many retailers that carry Razzles gum, so either they simply won't offer it, or they will start establishing some warehouses that order certain products in bulk from the source. I really don't know how this part will work, but knowing Amazon, they will probably still offer a much larger selection than any of its delivery competitors could.

Delivery and Service immersion (free for some)

Can't beat the concept, so long as it is affordable. Sit on your butt and click, watch the food arrive at your door. We have discussed the coolness of this before, but other companies just couldn't get it right. You don't even have to register if you already use Amazon, so they have managed to squeeze the new service in an already established interface. There is also a way to get free delivery if your order exceeds $30. I'm not sure what the criteria is, but so far this is a lethal combination in regard to MPB'S survivability.

Beer and Wine

Yes.

AmazonFresh as an MLM company.

No, I don't think there will be any plans at all for an MLM plan, but it is how it will effect MPB that is in question.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel