Forums New Work from Home Companies New Companies
  • Topic: MyVideoTalk Review

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 28, 2011 9:37 AM PDT
    • MyVideoTalk Review

MyVideoTalk Review

A new member of the forum named Susan Taylor has introduced an mlm opportunity known as MyVideoTalk, and after watching a few introductory videos in reading about the product and its company, I have to say that I find it a little intriguing. MyVideoTalk was founded in 2002 by Team Effort International, and is located in Northern California. Primarily focused on producing  Internet oriented business software, they are well established in several countries such as North America, Europe, South East Asia, Australia, and New Zealand. The company founders are Mel and Amie Gill, both of whom have been involved in the direct selling industry since 1989.

MyVideoTalk offers a relatively unique product that offers a truly more robust ability to communicate online. We all use email, but imagine how much more presentable it might be if your email included a video, and possibly a mini text window highlighting the more important aspects of a presentation, or just key points relative to the subject matter. Many of us use web cams, voice mails on our phones, voip services and texts but what if you could incorporate all of them into one stream of communication?

The argument could be made that you can do all these things already, but honestly, how efficient is it to have to switch between multiple mediums? This product basically provides you with live video streaming for anything, including broadcasts and meetings, customizable email video messages, and on-demand Internet video channels. Video has actually proven to be a very effective marketing strategy mostly because it serves a much better sense of sincerely, allowing people to see your mannerisms, and getting a more direct presentation of what you're offering.

Another thing I like about this concept is that you can actually use the product in the process of recruiting. Nothing beats a truly excellent first impression. One might consider on the other hand however; that most of us probably don't want an entire power points presentation for something mundane, but at the same time, I trust that most people would know the most appropriate way to utilize the product.

The company itself seems to have a customer service issue, which tends to be kind of common for companies that are experiencing a surge of exposure. Several people have written complaints about being unable to cancel their accounts. I'm not sure to what degree of truth there is, but it is enough to warrant a bit of caution. Another major complaint, and one I happen to agree with, is the price tag which comes in at a whopping $399.90 and a monthly reoccurring charge of  $49. That is simply too much money in my opinion, and not just by a few degrees, but by an enormous sum. This will in fact be what I feel the main obstacle to preventing this service from really taking off.

The compensation plan seems a bit shady, and I've read a few conflicting variations of it, but for the sake of discussion, I'll use the most common figures. A $25 Fast Start Retail Bonus is paid on the sales volume generated by your personal sales of the Basic package, in addition to a $100 Fast Start Retail Bonus for the sale of the Business Builder Package. A $25 Team Builder Bonus is paid on the sales volume generated by the sales Studio Packages. This bonus is paid to the first Qualified Team Builder above a personally enrolled representative in the line of sponsorship. The basic idea is similar to any other mlm, and I would recommend going straight to the source for a more detailed rendition of the comp plan.

The official web site can be found here.

http://myvideotalk.com/

• August 8, 2011 4:00 AM PDT
    • MyVideoTalk Review

Wallace, thanks for review of MyVideo Talk...it was interesting to read your take on it. I agree, video email is appealing and still a unique product because it's very different when you receive a video message as opposed to a text message, especially on special occasions.

Personally, I like video email and conferencing and have reviewed several video email platforms like EyeJot, Bomb Bomb, TalkFusion, iWowWe and a couple of others. In terms of quality, I found TalkFusion the best for video email, however, the cost is not so appealing with $250 start-up and $35 monthly (which includes video conferencing).

Overall, in terms of quality, functionality, price and compensation plan, I found iWowWe video email and conferencing, the best. Video email with iWowWe is free and conferencing is $19.95 per month with a one-time $50 fee.

The other appealing aspect of the iWowWe offering is that the compensation plan (3x7 forced matrix) does not have any requirements of personal recruits. So essentially, if you are part of the matrix, you can earn commissions even if you don't sponsor anyone. I use the  video conferencing and online meeting much more than video email and I find is very useful. I used WebEx initially for which I paid $49 monthly for online meetings, so iWowWe worked out well for me.

I've written reviews on both, iWowWe and TalkFusion on Squidoo, you can feel free to check 'em out.

• August 8, 2011 7:05 AM PDT
    • MyVideoTalk Review

Thanks so much for posting this review!  I've been introduced to TalkFusion a couple of times but could not get over the initial price.  I really liked all the features and the ease of use, but for that price I would rather just not do video in an email :)

While not immediate, I did put video into practice in my business and it has made a HUGE difference.

I personally use my SendOutCards account to create a QR code to insert as a picture and send a card to my prospects, downline and customers.   The video is hosted on YouTube so I get the visibility on YouTube plus I use the URL code from YT to create the QR code.  Then, when someone receives the card, they can scan the QR code with their smart phone or use the vanity URL to see the video. 

I then use the vanity URL to send via email for people to see the videos. 

Again, not immediate like these other services, and not as flashy or pretty.  But, I do see the benefit of using video in my Thirty-One business as well as my SendOutCards business. 

Great review by the way...I'll have to try out some of the other services mentioned :)

Thanks!

Ivette

• August 1, 2011 12:20 AM PDT
    • MyVideoTalk Review

The price kind of snuck in there in the end didn't it lol. I was actually on board to some extent thinking, wow, so they streamlined a few basic things into a sweet mlm package. It really does seem like a cool idea, then, the price popped out and voila; instantly on the impossible list. Maybe not for everyone, but its certainly out of my budget, and its not even so much that as much as the fact that I don't think its right to ask for $400 up front, and $49 a month after that, its insane. Its a shame really, because its a great idea destroyed by greediness, and such a blatant overpricing did a lot in ruining the legitimacy for me personally.

• August 1, 2011 2:13 AM PDT
    • MyVideoTalk Review

Re: My Video Talk Review:

Everything available from MyVideoTalk is essentially available free on the Internet, or is available dirt cheap for use on an as needed basis, without a $400 signup fee or a $49 monthly fee.

Like most network marketing schemes, the folds at Team Effort International simply bundled what they thought was a hot new technology with a sizzle pitch that they could use to get less savvy computer users to try their 'wow' product.

I reviewed this company years ago. Their 'corporate offices', complete with a snazzy photo on their website of a very professional looking building in Northern California, was in reality just a couple of cubicles in a rent-a-desk office park.

I don't know where there offices are now, but I I did follow them when they shifted most of their focus on the european market. Looks like they're back in the US.

No idea if they've upgraded their product, but between Skype and a basic webcam and the software that comes with it, and any web meeting website, it still sounds like you have everything they have to offer at your fingertips without the MyVideoTalk enrollment fee or monthly juice.

• September 2, 2011 8:14 AM PDT
    • MyVideoTalk Review

Hi, I am actually a My Video Talk representative. I can guarantee there is no other compensation plan to match ours in any network marketing business. There have been changes since you posted this. The start-up fee is now only $299.90 and of course the $49.90 per month. I can see most of you were shocked at the price. However, let me point out, no other company pays out as much as MVT. Let me explain quickly the compensation plan. When you present this opportunity to someone and they sign up, you get a fast start bonus of $100. Every time, guaranteed, unlimited payout.There is a proven plan that we call 'The Power of 2 Plan.' All you have to do is bring in two people and you qualify for everything. (One on your left team and one on your right team.)  Most other companies you have so many hoops to jump through before you're recognized at all for anything. You have to sign up a minimum amount of people to be considered active in most of those companies as well. Now, when you sign up your two, all you really need to do is help them each get their two people. When they get their two, you become an Executive. Also, every time you have six people on one team and three people on the other, you will get a $150 bonus, every single time. For those same six and three you will receive $25 in residual income. These aren't even all the ways you get paid. I don't necessarily want to write a long not about it though. You can get in touch with me and we can set up a meeting on using our product, My Video Broadcaster, where I can personally go through the presentation with you about the product along with my business partner Steve Hopper. Contact me, at _k.ann@live.com.

• February 21, 2012 5:37 PM PST
    • MyVideoTalk Review

I’d say that I am extremely impressed with the products to date.

• August 8, 2011 5:45 AM PDT
    • MyVideoTalk Review

Hey there Anthony, and welcome to Repspace, thank you very much for providing some input here, and introducing IWowWe. I knew there had to be something offering a better version at a realistic price. Truthfully I can't comprehend any logical reason some of these companies are charging such astronomical figures for what amounts to packages of free services. I'll definitely be checking out your review, and would welcome you to post it, or a variation of it here at Repspace, I love reading company profiles and reviews and a handful of us posters like to write our own from time to time.

Thank you kindly for the reply.

• August 1, 2011 8:00 PM PDT
    • MyVideoTalk Review

I agree with the previous reviewers that it is a high price to pay for similar services that are available for a lot less elsewhere. For half the price and 2/3 of the monthly fee anyone can have access to the Genie Rocket video email and conferencing system, which is currently being up-graded, plus all the benefits of the My Shopping Genie MLM business. Video email is undoubtedly an important marketing tool, as can be seen from the original Genie Rocket explanation video at http://www.youtube.com/user/ShoppingGenieVideos#p/u/43/bZst-FasxAs , but MyVideoTalk is an expensive way of accessing such a service.

If anyone is looking for a video email system incorporated in an MLM opportunity then do look at http://tinyurl.com/5sekna8 as part of your market research.

• February 17, 2012 11:44 PM PST
    • MyVideoTalk Review

I was a MyVideoTalk rep but for me the product(s) wasn't as unique as first thought and I wasn't passionate enough about selling technology products that I wasn't 100% with - I am with another MLM company now but the compensation plan here is really good for those looking to enroll others quickly. In all honesty I would rejoin MVT but only to use the products not necessarily as a rep but this is in no way a bad company.

• February 21, 2012 9:19 PM PST
    • MyVideoTalk Review

It's absolutely  Brilliant.

• February 24, 2012 1:49 AM PST
    • MyVideoTalk Review

I can guarantee there is no other compensation plan to match ours in any network marketing business. There have been changes since you posted this. The start-up fee is now only $299.90 and of course the $49.90 per month. I can see most of you were shocked at the price. However, let me point out, no other company pays out as much as MVT.

It sounds like you are saying the product is overpriced so more can be paid out in the compensation plan.

That seems like front loading. Or if the compensation plan is more about the fees and less about the product its the definition of a ponzi.

• August 1, 2011 10:33 PM PDT
    • MyVideoTalk Review

The funny thing is, even though all of these services are available for free, It still seemed like a good system because for the average person, it really can be a daunting task to set all of that up. I was an avid user of Ventrilo, which is a voip system used mostly by PC gamers. At first glance, a person could potentially feel as though they require a networking degree just to understand the mode and options. Web cams can be similar although the more recent ones are much easier to set up than when they first started to spring up on the market. I don't think most people will have any desire for a video email unless its strictly for sending business emails, product presentations etc. I feel the same way about ACN's videophone. Most of us that thought about what the future would be like thought about videophones etc, and I don't see them as being particularly practical. There is no need to see someone while talking with them over a communication device, unless of course its some important government communication.

I do see room for a single app to make all of this easier, especially in the network marketing industry, but $400 just crosses the line, and the reaction I see it getting isn't so much like people feeling as though its just a bit too expensive, its more akin to people feeling as though its completely absurd, because it is. For that kind of money you could go take a college course on computers and it would teach you everything you needed to know to do all of those things for free. Not much else to say about the company I don't think, with a roadblock like the price tag, I think this is going to fail faster than The Customer Advantage seems to be. With any luck, something offering the same set of services as MyVideoTalk Review will pop up and for a much more realistic price.

• August 9, 2011 3:12 AM PDT
    • MyVideoTalk Review

Hey Wallace...thanks much for your welcome!

You're welcome regarding information on iWowWe. Yeah, I'm with you, with regards to some companies charging exorbitant prices. Of course, in some cases there is a difference in quality, however, it doesn't always justify the prices. That's one of the reasons I liked iWowWe because they offered the video email for free.

I've used several types of video communication platforms and I personally like using video and have written several reviews on these platforms. Sure, I can post a separate review, a variation here on Repspace, of iWowWe and the others I've done.

I find your posts interesting and will definitely be checking them out.

Have a wonderful day! :)

• February 24, 2012 1:34 AM PST
    • MyVideoTalk Review

MyVideo Talk Review:

In my opinion, My Video Talk is one of those common MLM companies that took advantage of the Internet and the ability to create the impression of an established infrastructure while promoting a product of questionable retail value.  Originally their business name was "Team Effort International" and MyVideoTalk was one of their products. There are dozens of sites offering free video email, with all the tools necessary to edit and send. I really don't understand what MyVideoTalk offers that makes their product worth the fees ( but I will gladly read responses that can clarify ).

My pet peeve about their online representation of the business goes back to the early years they displayed on their web page a photo of their 'corporate headquarters' when they were operating from a rented desk space in a business suite. There's nothing wrong with the rented desks / mini suites, many businesses start that way - it's when the images and content presented on their website seems to be intended to mislead as to the size and substance of the company. The photo of the corporate headquarters was supposed to create the impression that they had an entire building. This is the photo they used:

Original Team Effort International address:

3000 Executive Pkwy # 518
      San Ramon, CA 94583-4355

Shortly after, the address on the MyVideoTalk website changed and it seemed they were doing most of their business in India. Now the address for My Video Talk and Team Effort International is:

MyVideo Talk
      3000 Danville Blvd, Suite 186
      Alamo, CA 94507

Now, according to Google street view, that address is a UPS store in a strip mall. Suite 186 is a mailbox in the UPS store. Here's the street view photo:

This is their number - call and see if you can arrange a tour of the corporate offices, and see what kind of response you get. (925) 543-7788.

The corporate address being in a strip mall UPS store is a little odd to me. I don't know if they still have the space in the corporate building in San Ramon. I'm on the East Coast so I can't exactly do a drive by or a walk-in, but would love to hear from someone who has, or someone who can explain the UPS store address.

• February 25, 2012 3:41 PM PST
    • MyVideoTalk Review

Before you guarantee there is no better compensation plan, we have 8 video products for $35.00 a month Plus The world 1st and only instant pay plan.  http://1291365.talkfusion.com/

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inb7xlsZmRc&list=UU4SA-JR56uR9qlD9BlGhBzA&index=2&feature=plcp:550:0]

• March 17, 2012 3:28 AM PDT
    • MyVideoTalk Review

Sorry Christopher but my shopping geine sucks and I was part of it and still didn't get paid for almost 1 year now so I don't care what they have done change or anything all I can say shopping geine it's a bulshit business's and don't recommend any one to be in that so I had to say that here since u mention it 

• August 9, 2011 8:42 AM PDT
    • MyVideoTalk Review

That was a fantastic review Anthony, very thorough, rich with detail and very well written. I could not have written a better one myself, and thanks to your link, I do not have to try lol. If you don't mind my asking; are you a rep for IWowWe, or are you simply using their software package? The pricing seems great, and its an all around solid looking product. I haven't had the chance yet to look at your other review but I will very shortly. Do you have any interests in other network marketing companies or do you mostly focused on the video, chat and social networking mlms?

• February 26, 2012 12:22 AM PST
    • MyVideoTalk Review

Talk Fusion seems to be crushing MyVideo Talk ( source MLMRankings.com comparison ) - are their products similar?

But the Talk Fusion corporate address also appears to be in some kind of strip mall...( source Google Street View )

Talk Fusion v MyVideo Talk

Internet Popularity Comparison:

Talk Fusion vs MyVideoTalk

Talk Fusion  

MyVideoTalk  

( 20.330% )
    • August 12, 2011 3:12 AM PDT
    • MyVideoTalk Review

Thanks Wallace, you're too kind with your words my friend! :P

Anyway, with regards to your question, I decided to try iWowWe video email and conferencing because I wanted to use the platform. However, given that they had an appealing comp plan which was part of the whole package, it made my decision even easier (not to mention that video email came free).

So yes, technically speaking, I'm a iWowWe rep. Having said so, I don't actively promote iWowWe to recruit people under me from a NWM perspective. If someone is interested, I will talk to them. If you see my iWowWe review on Squidoo, you will notice that I don't even talk about the comp plan. It's not that I won't talk or write about it at all, at this time, this is where I stand.

I'm also into healthy living and in mid/late 2008, I made a180 turn in making a conscious effort to start living a healthy lifestyle. At that point, I came across a top NWM company called Usana Health Sciences whose nutritional products I consume on a regular basis. Again, I am more of a consumer than a Usana rep. The products are not cheap, but they are superior in quality and have made a significant improvement in my overall well-being. When it comes to health, I have no problem going in for a BMW rather than settling for a Honda.

I've been opposed to NWM for many years mainly because I had a negative perception of what I heard about it. I never took the time to research it myself, until 2008. Having researched the model and studying the various comp plans, I became more receptive to it. However, I still feel the most NWMarketers have a wrong approach to conducting the business and that's why the failure rate is so high and that's the reason why NWM still has such a bad name out there. I definitely don't want to approach my family and friends with these opportunities, unless of course, they are interested.

Also, I believe that NWM companies make it difficult for the average Joe and Jane to succeed with inflexible criteria in plans and in some cases over-priced products that don't justify the cost. I have no problem buying an expensive product so long as it provides overall value.

In closing, I'm open to new ideas and opportunities, but at the moment have my plate too full to explore any new ones, though I'm open to reviewing them.

What about you, Wallace? Are you involved in any NWM companies? What has been your experience?

• August 13, 2011 2:35 AM PDT
    • MyVideoTalk Review

Great answers.

As far as network marketing companies, there were a few that peaked my interest. Its funny you mention the great change to a healthier lifestyle, as I have also made quite a turn myself. I'm 34 now, but I was a smoker since the age of 14, having quit about 7 years ago. Not long after that I became a vegetarian, and then began researching processed foods, GMO food products and became an all organic food eater. I have no issues with anyone that doesn't live the same way or anything, just a self motivated choice, and I am much happier and feel much better this way. One NWM company that I was truly excited about was a company called Organic Acres. http://www.rawspirit.org/acres2.html

OA was an mlm opportunity that offered garden plots filled with various organic foods that you could have delivered to your home. I thought it was a fantastic idea, but over time I began reading reports of people complaining that their orders were incorrect, or that they didn't receive the items they had ordered. As of today it looks like Organic Acres seems to have changed in some way though I'm not sure yet. Perhaps they merged with another company or something. Anyway, I would have liked to have got involved in that company had things gone smoother. Another one that I was interested in was FantaZ, a video game platform mlm company that made it possible to earn money playing the games and recruiting new players. I'm not quite sure why I never joined, but as it is right now, I am struggling to get a PC repair business started and probably wouldn't have the kind of time necessary to really give it a good try. I still lurk around and keep up with the mlm news though, perhaps one day an mlm plan with manifest that is truly perfect for me.

• August 15, 2011 2:21 AM PDT
    • MyVideoTalk Review

Wow, I'm really impressed by your transformation in your healthy living lifestyle. I still have a long ways to go, but moving in the right direction. I'm always encouraged to see people striving to live a healthy lifestyle. So with regards to your research on various health topics, do you document it anywhere online. That is, do you write articles on those subjects, or they are all just stored up in your memory?

I did come across the Organic Acres before they launched and generally liked the concept, but somehow didn't find the comfort level to go ahead with it mainly because I have been moving so much and already had much on my plate. I haven't had a chance to review it off late. I've never been much of a gamer, so I've not heard of FantaZ, but I did come across a similar concept (earning money playing games and recruiting other members) with MMM (My Mad Millions) through PeopleString.

In terms of mlm, I was also looking for a good opportunity in the wireless industry and I came across a few, but none that appealed to me. Either their overall plans were not attractive, or were lacking coverage in Canada. I have a feeling either iWowWe or TalkFusion may come up with one...we'll see.

With regards to your PC repair business, do you have a brick and mortar type of business or do it from home? I'm assuming you're using online means to attract customers too? Do you have a website for your business? Is it hardware or software or both? Do you do most of your business offline or can help customers online as well (through remote access)?

There are many ways to make money online given that you have a niche (PC repair), though it's quite competitive. However, given that you write so well, I think you can definitely leverage from it. There are many free ways to make money online if you're willing invest some time in writing original content in your niche. In turn, you can leverage web traffic to your website (if you have one) and build your customer base too, with the same effort.

Well, I'll leave it at that...have a great week ahead!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel