Forums Articles Work from Home Articles
  • Topic: Network Marketing Programs

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 4, 2011 5:05 AM PDT
    • Network Marketing Programs

Network Marketing Programs are something of a dime a dozen these days, since a good percentage of companies that you join will likely provide you with their own brand of network marketing programs. Programs can consist of videos, software, pamphlets, brochures, books and documents which can all be helpful in their own way, but can also give you less than you might get out of a universal network marketing program. Many third party companies have devised software packages in addition to full network marketing packages which encompass every possible angle of needs. Some of them will keep track of inventory while simultaneously maintaining an index of contacts, while also acting as an auto responder.

Very often, many Network Marketing programs are tailored to the particular mlm, that's why it is important to study what you're getting to ensure that it is the best possible fit for both the structure of your company in addition to the compensation plan. The most important aspect of any network marketing program is that it is as least burdensome as possible, because it should be designed to help you manage your environment, not make it more difficult.In some cases you can even find courses available both in some colleges and privately held sessions from other successful network marketers, of course researching the quality of that service is entirely up to the individual.

In most cases the content of many network marketing programs will differ to some extent like any other philosophy, and you have to choose what ideas, methods and software is most likely a fit for your mlm, and business system. People are individuals, and what works in one situation does not necessarily mean it will be ideal for another. Always research any network marketing system thoroughly to ensure it will work for you, and don't be afraid to get peoples opinions. Find the things they like about them as well as the things they don't like so that you can decide for yourself.

• July 20, 2011 3:34 AM PDT

I am approaching this knowing full well that I'm like totally naive when it comes to running a network marketing company, but I have to ask.. do you think these 3rd party programs are really all that necessary? I'm just trying to think of the basic concepts here, I mean you join a company that gives you the spreadsheets, order forms, possibly a web site (albeit a boring one) that you can call your own, and all you need to do is get that URL to the right customer. If you're a relatively responsibly adult you should be able to keep track of all your appointments without any problems, and there are enough built in calendars etc to help us with that. We have our own rolodex which you can have either on paper or digitally on a simple word document. You can join any number of free sites on the internet that will give you a free web site that you can use, and if you really want extras you can pay for them. There's also the basic rule book you'd get with any company, the product history, and the ability to pay a few dollars for affiliate links, I mean there are definitely better ways to spend your money than these 3rd part programs don't you think? Aside from that, its all about chasing warm leads, generating new leads, and going out for the hunt isn't it? I guess I just don't see that much of a need.

• July 21, 2011 1:30 AM PDT

Rick, a great deal of things happen within the realm of running a network marketing program, it can be quite a task to maintain multiple tasks at once. One of the biggest challenges is maintaining "social order" as my wife jokingly refers to it. It is customary for me to leave the table in the middle of dinner to take calls with clients. There is no way around it since many of the people on the other end are involved with paying for the dinner my family and I are enjoying. I have to travel all over the place, and by all over the place I literally mean just that. I never needed a GPS until getting lost in the middle of Jersey at 3am with a dead cell phone, no charger, a lost wallet and a client I need to meet at 5am. Not to mention the fact that I need to give a good presentation, I need to be factual, fast paced, interesting and be able to show a power points if necessary, company software, teach a client how to do a presentation, its all pretty hectic, and sometimes you need to find the right kind of help to get the job done without losing my mind. If all that wasn't challenging enough, I still have my own things to maintain order, a house, a mortgage, family phone bills, helping my son set up for his move to campus. If I didn't have many of the 3rd party programs I rely on I don't think I would last very long. Don't be afraid to explore a bit, and you don't have to start out with one right away, although I do recommend a few basics. Most companies will provide you with what you need at the start, but it won't be enough  after a certain growth point. The beast gets big, gentleman, so you have to prepare yourselves for big challenges. Should you decide on shopping for any of these programs, let me know and I might be able to provide some input.

• July 22, 2011 9:00 AM PDT

I respect that Travis, and thank you for the reply. I guess I sometimes feel like I could do this without all that stuff. Word, on your schedule man, that's nuts. What about multi-tasking phones and other gadgets? My sister's phone has a built in alarm, an obvious rolodex, GPS, calculator, calender, ringtones which could be used with business apps, it downloads mp3s which would also count for phone meetings, or recorded phone meetings in the form of feeds etc. Now all I would need after that is the software you say might be effective in helping me to manage my actual appointments, but why would I need help with that? What else is there that these programs offer? I was listening to the radio the other day and a guy came on, I think the owner of one of the big social networks, I honestly can't remember at the moment, I had too much coffee. Anyway, he said that most people do not need to go to school for business, nor do they need any particular 3rd party help which I assume meant expensive software packages. Her said the best way to learn was through experience, by getting out there and doing it. This guy actually is in the hot seat because he has suggested several times that entrepreneurs should quit college and get out there and start their business.

I just think if your life is structured properly before taking on the challenge of a home business, you wouldn't have so much crap to take care of and have to run around like a chicken with its head cut off. Perfect example is what you said about sending your kid off to college. I mean no disrespect when I ask this, but would it have been easier to wait until you were high enough a level in the structure of your business to not have to be on the go so much, and then have children? I'm not criticizing your life choices at all by the way, just asking if you didn't have other things taking away from your focus would it all be so hard to do without all these Network Marketing programs?

• August 1, 2011 11:28 PM PDT

That depends......(you're question to T about waiting until he was higher up in the company, as if to suggest it gets any easier lol)...

I managed a Lowe's store for about 2 years. When I first got involved with that line of work, I was with Home Depot for 2 years, I began on the night crew, then I was promoted to being an order picker, which I thought would be a bit easier but it was like packing freight, only I had to do it faster. Then I was promoted to department head of lumber, which was just like order picking but now I was responsible for everyone else's work, including the new order pickers. (I'm sure you can see a pattern here lol). Eventually I left Home Depot because Lowe's offered me a Night crew Supervisor position for more money, and the store was brand new, just waiting for my more efficient managing knowledge then the archaic systems the depot used.

I did well, and then they made me a store manager, and had to have 3 months of classes, training etc. I made much more money but had to work around 65 hours, and since I was on salary I didn't get much out of it. Now thinking back a few years before that, I used to think that the managers had this easy cake walk of a job that consisted of doing a little bitchin, filling out some paper work and collecting a pay check. In reality, I was pretty much a prisoner of the establishment, and everyone else's mistakes were my responsibility. I did the job very well but I was pretty unhappy overall, and left after a couple years to get out of retail.

I don't now how comparable that is to how an mlm structure works, but I'm going to guess that Travis' rank has not made it any easier, in fact it probably means he is on the go more than ever. That was probably the best lesson I learned as far as "grass is greener" syndrome. Bosses don't have things as easy as we tend to think, and I remember not respecting as many of my bosses as I could have because I assumed they were sitting on their butts while I was breaking my back, not realizing they already did. There are exceptions of course, but for the most part, quality work excels fast.

• August 2, 2011 12:20 AM PDT

Believe me, your post put it as delicately as possible. It gets much more difficult to maintain as you move up at Melaleuca, and any down line really. Its a matter of consistent maintenance. This isn't like looking at a bank statement where your dollars and scents are stable, this is management, much like your example at Lowe's Home Improvement. People slow down, they lose focus, they make mistakes, they sometimes need help staying motivated. They have a death in the family and still have to go out and make a living with a confident, and enthusiastic face. If my down line loses a member, I not only lose the number but the income. Very often, one member effects those beneath him and so on and so forth. There is really no easy going time, there is no real lunch break, or vacation. The best you can do is work for 4-5 weeks straight, all throughout the day and evening, and take a vacation from time to time, but even then you might take a call or attend a meeting.

The difference is there is no punch clock, its a matter of selecting this week's area of focus and finishing the change until you are ready to focus on something else. Your sales army is always a struggle, its constant and often frustrating. The number of people mean diddly squat. What they are earning, is what matters. I'm actually involved in Melaleuca on two different levels. First and foremost I am involved with operations, while simultaneously operating as a rep. I'm certainly not privy to any [real] beneficial information, but I do have a general idea of the company's overall direction, which doesn't change very often. I'm not saying that as a rep, having a high rank is horrible, In fact I love it, but its not for everyone, its a challenge, and nothing gets any easier except your ability to learn and adapt.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel