Forums » MLM Scams

List of newest posts

• June 28, 2011 8:48 PM PDT
    • Hello Avalon,

Best to look at the 7 minute video on my link, http://tinyurl.com/5sekna8 , but  briefly you can build a great income just gving away a Free App that saves anyone time and money browsing and shopping on the Internet. Install one free from the link and just try it out, it's amazing!

• June 25, 2011 12:19 PM PDT
    • Hi Linda

I am an Independent Member of Javita Coffee. If you would like to take a look at this opportunity please go to:

http:www.myjavita.com/Fallon

DRINK, SHARE, EARN!

Got any questions or would like to join in on a conference call to learn more or ask questions please feel free to click CONTACT ME on the website to arrange.

Fallon

• June 25, 2011 8:07 AM PDT
    • Hi Christopher, I clicked on your link but I am due to leave for work in a few minutes, would you mind giving me a brief run down of Shopping Genie, and exactly what it is that they offer?

• June 23, 2011 11:08 PM PDT
    • Hello Linda,

I'm probably a bit late as your thread has been running for a while now. Having been in the MLM industry for over 20 years I can sympathise with your feelings, although I have never left the industry as I have always felt that the basic principles behind it are right. Sadly the concept can be corrupted quite easily and not a few companies seem to think little of changing the rules over time.

Part of the problem when looking at the nutrition industry is finding good quality products and when you do they tend, naturally, to be more expensive which makes marketing more difficult. That problem faces any product that has competition in the marketplace, and there will always be the 'new' and more exciting product coming along trying to grab a share of your market.

Personally I'm not into selling products directly any more but I am really comfortable with giving away a free App that helps people save time and money browsing and buying on the internet, so that they can buy any product they choose at the best price. If you want to know more please have a look at my website http://tinyurl.com/5sekna8 .

Good luck with whatever you choose to do, MLM is still the best option for the average person to become a business owner.

Kind regards,

Chris.

• June 23, 2011 5:41 PM PDT
    • I have samples available. Submit your contact info on the sites and I will send you an email.

also you can contact me through

www.thelegacyleaf.com

• June 12, 2011 8:24 AM PDT
    • Dear Wallace:

If you would like to compare weight management products, I would be glad to send you free samples as well, then you can determine which product is a better fit. If there's an interest please visit my website www.3free.bodybyvi.com

Thanks, Hector

• June 11, 2011 7:02 AM PDT
    • Hi Scott, I was wondering how to go about obtaining a free sample of the weight management product. If I like the results I would definitely consider getting involved on a larger scale.

• June 8, 2011 12:13 PM PDT
    •  

www.thelegacyleaf.myzijastory.com

If you are interested in the XM3 weight management system go to

www.thelegacyleaf.myxmstory.com

If you are interested in the genM Skin Care Line

www.thelegacyleaf.mygenmstory.com

Free samples are available upon request. Limited to serious inquiries only!

Not in to selling, but helping others get what they want in one of three ways is amazing!

1. Interested in better health

2. Interested in losing weight

3. Interested in Financial and Time Freedom

If you fit in to any or all of these categories you need to check this out!

• June 23, 2011 7:26 AM PDT
    • 2 TUMBS UP!!!

• June 23, 2011 7:04 AM PDT
    • Google 'Redox Signaling Molecules' and you will know what you are talking about!!!

• May 21, 2011 5:23 AM PDT
    • As an aside JHubbard, being a business owner, you have to spend money to make money.  If they spent $17 Million on this (that is if they did, I can make up any number and tell you I spent so much money on research, patents, etc.  There is no way to track that), I am sure that they foresee making much, much more.   As a matter of fact, billions are made by producers of MLM products every year.  $17 Million is a mere pittance compared to what they could gain. 

The nature of MLMs is based on a Guru-based model.  Sell your friends, sell your family, recruit, network, recruit, network, did I say RECRUIT!!

When a beloved friend of mine died from cancer, her daughter sought to sell Cutco knives.  I of course bought them.  Hey, they are good knives, although pricey.  Then she sought to get me to sell them under her.  I have invested $250 K in my business and had no thoughts of investing in anything on that level of marketing.  The good part is that it gave her a better sense of self.  Maybe that is what they are selling.  My sister was also a huge distributor fo Mary Kay.  She even got the car (as long as her sales were kept up).  What did she actually get? A greater sense of her self.  She went on to greater things of which I am proud of.  (Oh after Mary Kay, she decided to take those skills into real estate -- she failed.)   She went back to school got her masters and now is a psychologist for 1st time pregnant unwed mothers.  She treasures what she learned about herself at Mary Kay.

That being said, if you desire to know more about yourself, there are other venues to do so without investing so much time and money.  If that is the route you want to go, I support it.   However, I would suggest you to turn over every stone before you do. 

Here is an interesting link for you to look at:

http://www.mlm-thetruth.com/userfiles/file/COMPARE12MLMs-vsSellingvsNPSvsVegas-2pBarChart6-06.pdf

Good luck, and don't forget to "keep it real!"

• May 21, 2011 4:10 AM PDT
    • Good arguments and I don't put the weight on the patents as some sort of validity for the product, just that 17 million is a lot to put toward a scam.  I truly believe in the science behind it, as again, I learned about Redox signaling at UW and that is why I think it is legitimate.  The VO2max test was a real life test that showed incredible results as Rickdowns says he wants to see.   In my opinion, the reason they went with an MLM is simple...Money and control of rights.   I have nothing against that, especially if the product does what it claims.  Could it be a fraud and they are selling it as an MLM to get as much money as quickly as possible before it is exposed... possibly, but again that would end a career of a atomic physicist involved in doing some amazing things at University of Utah.  As for those other MLM's  that the attorney mentioned, I haven't heard of them, but if the science was as concrete as redox signaling and it was a failed product I can see why we all should be skeptical. 

Last one I promise. I had to respond to these great arguments.  As for now I have no reason not to believe it doesn’t work, but I will watch with a little more skepticism.  It still leads to the fact that we shouldn’t just dismiss it because it because it is an MLM.  I sold Cutco knives in a sort of MLM way in the summer while going to school, but have not been involved in any other MLM's.  I was attracted to this one because I learned of Redox signaling in my premed courses and felt comfortable that this is legitimate.   

• May 20, 2011 4:11 AM PDT
    • Now, I just cannot step over this.  I have worked in the legal industry for more than 25 years.  I have worked in copyrights and patents (and more importantly, worked in patents for Pfizer).  Not only have I worked in patents, I have bee privy to the actually processes and nuances of a product from beginning to end in its journey to get a patent.  What Jhubbard may or may not know, and some have touched on it here, is that it actually means nothing to have a patent or even a patent pending.  Patents do not legitimize a product.  All patents for the most part do is safeguards the process of what someone creates that product.  And there is a great loophole there for the legitimacy of the creation in question -- time!  A patent can take years before it is approved.  And a lot of money can be made while waiting for that approval.  So, it get approved, does that make it legitimate?  Absolutely NOT!  That would make any product having a patent appear to have the stamp of Good Housekeeping approval!  Maybe the FDA would have to evaluate it, not enough money or time for that,  cowboy.  

That being said, I wonder if Jhubbard was also an MLM sales man for Ocean Plasma or Innerlight Prime PH, another high-priced, high claim, water supplement.  (Actually the person who sold me on the Innerlight just sent me an email for Asea.  Go figure.)  So fess up Jhubbard, do you sell Innerlight too?   I believe they never got FDA approval of that either.   They never proved what their claims.  (By the way, any person can lower their ph from diet without any use of supplements.)    Neither am I saying the not getting FDA approval means anything because many vitamins also don't have such an approval.  Another loophole for these type of supplements.

I guess Asea would have the same disclaimer as Innerlight carries on its bottle:

PRODUCT DISCLAIMER
      Because InnerLight products are natural food supplements, the statements about the products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.  This independent distributor and InnerLight Inc. does not engage directly or indirectly in diagnosing, dispensing medical advice, or prescribing the use of any of our products as a treatment for disease or sickness.  One should always consult a primary care physician/health practitioner of choice when considering nutritional supplementation for health purposes, especially when undergoing treatment for an existing condition. Pregnant individuals should also consult a physician before beginning supplementation.

As I said, I fell for these lofty claims before.  I was a marathon runner, completing every major race in my area (NY) and bicycled from San Francisco to LA.  After having a bad injury, I jumped on these supplements believing their claims.  Well absent hundreds of dollars later and sick to my stomach from some of these supplements (their distributors sought to change my diet so much, I would have ended up eating grass), I realized that such advertising, as with all health informercials (which by the way the government is starting to clamp down on) play upon our deep desire to be healthy and pain free.  These type of pitches go way back since the early 1900s and I know that they will not stop.  I love the research this recent university just did on drinkig water scams and its history.  You might find it tongue-in-cheek too!

http://www.aces.edu/waterquality/DrinkingWaterScams-Regional%20PPT-web.ppt

• May 19, 2011 11:20 PM PDT
    • I'm probably going to bail out of this thread as well, as I am not sure I have any more sophomoric contributions left to add. I would legitimately feel bad if I found myself having falling into the kind of crowd that violently insisted that the world was flat, but consider this; You supposedly have this amazing new technology in the form of ASEA water. It is amazing enough from a health and nutritional perspective to be on par with vitamins and other well received products. With respect to legit mlms, why in the world would you release it using this medium? Wouldn't you perhaps make some real scientific waves first; demonstrate scientifically how you are capable of doing it so that the world sees what you have one is legit; and THEN, after it gets some credibility; sell it however you please? That's what most people have done throughout history. Vitamins came into the game in the early 1900's, and even they gave a more respectable presentation. What I'm left thinking is that this market was chosen because somewhere along the line there is a flaw, something left out, or overlooked. It kind of reminds me of the recent Regenerect debacle...Safe for now, but we will see what happens soon enough, if anything. Good luck with those patents.

• May 19, 2011 1:12 PM PDT
    • [quote user="jhubbard26"]

They have 27 patents on the process and of course will not tell their process, which would lend to copy cats, but the majority of those discussing this blog are focusing on the way it is being sold.   

[/quote]

It sounds like you misunderstand the patent process and the reason for obtaining a patent in the first place.

A patent provides protection against "copy cats"

A patent application ( you state there are 27 "patents" ) are public records. And actual patent can be looked up at the USPTO online. Lots of companies say they have 'patents' when in fact they only have 'provisional patents' which are applications that last a year.

I could submit a patent application for a method of turning water into wine ( sorry Jesus ) and it would be completely private, but I could legally use the term "Patent Pending" on my "Turns Water Into Wine" website for a full year, and then would have to either file a full patent application, or abandon the provisional application.

So saying they won't "tell their process" just shows a complete understanding of patents. I don't know enough about Asea to determine if you are drinking their kool-aid, but definitely research patents and patent protection before posting things that suggest they are keeping their 27 patents secret to keep people from reproducting their <sarcasm> magic water. </sarcasm>

• May 19, 2011 8:18 AM PDT
    • My last writing is to say this:  it sounds to me like the majority of the responders are all  dismissing this product because of the way it is sold and not the science behind it.  We know what it is.  It is an oxidative molecule and a reductive molecule and we know how it functions in the body.  The text books are an example.    One could doubt that they actually stabilized and balanced those molecules outside the body. That is understandable. They have 27 patents on the process and of course will not tell their process, which would lend to copy cats, but the majority of those discussing this blog are focusing on the way it is being sold.   

I am attracted to this product because it is backed by science that was first discovered without financial bias.  Additionally, the people involved with this product are legitimate innovators that are doing other amazing things for the health industry, such as the example I gave with the nano robots.  For them to create a scam is unlikely.  12% VT change for athletes is a pretty big claim that most would consider destine for immediate failure.  I saw the results of the test of 60 highly fit endurance athletes and through a networking group talked to a cyclist who coaches at lifetime fitness that takes it and he swears by it.  In the end you can decide for yourself, but stop the salt water claim.  Did they or how did they stabilize and balance oxidative and reactive molecules for real... that's what you should be debating.  I have seen all the evidence I need between the VO2max testing and the caliber of the people involved.  I don't claim to be smarter than anyone else because I was pre-med.  I mentioned it because I learned about the science of redox signaling before it was financially beneficial. I do consider people that state absolute claims against something, without being somewhat objective, ridiculous. 

Here's a question.  Given that we know redox signaling is a real thing, why do you say you would not try a product that claims is has stabilized the molecules for consumption?  That is the basis for my writing in this blog.  There's more evidence on the side that they stabalized it with their recent validated medical journal entries and vo2max testing.  Yet, you dismiss that evidence because of what...It is being sold as an MLM so it must be a scam?  It's suspended in sodium chloride so it must be just salt water?  What is the reasoning against the evidence of the vo2 max testing?  Thanks everyone.  Lively debate.    

Thank you for the last two who replied in an reasonable manner and for putting up with my misspellings and grammar.   

• May 18, 2011 3:38 AM PDT
    • This is a tough area, primarily because we are dealing with what is essentially, a biological process, or perhaps a chemical one or both. Its a process that is properly explained in an entire text book basically. Here we are, trying to debate it when even someone in pre-med has a hard time explaining it. There are a few bases in this conversation that we should consider. 1) Highly educated people are anything but immune to engaging in fraudulent behavior. That being said, I don't lend more credibility to someone in Yale or Harvard than I do from "Joe Peroni" down at "Micky's auto body shop". That isn't to say I don't respect the almighty power of education; only that in foggy and debatable areas such as this, I don't let research done by someone involved with a company (who wants to make a profit, naturally) determine how legit I think it is. I'm just a pion in regard to medical science, and I'm not qualified to debate the validity of something like this.

My own assessment, is that there probably is alot of truth to Redox signaling. How beneficial it is for your body; that's another topic, one I'm simply not qualified to debate. I think a more useful approach might be to have a chemical analysis done on Asea, see exactly what's in it, and the exact amounts. If it really is little more than salt water, then its a scam because that need not cost more than a bottle of Poland Springs. Is there some type of magnetic, or non-chemical related process it undergoes? I don't know. So with respect to everyone in this thread, try to understand where the other is coming from before you judge too harshly. Physicists lie too you know, and people that don't understand a chemical process, or a technology can judge harshly and from a place of ignorance, and also, a good salesman can sell snake oil with minimal credibility.

I would not buy this product, but that's just me.

• May 18, 2011 2:56 AM PDT
    • I find all of this fascinating.  Not to attack you jHubbard, but some of your claims are ridiculous.  We have had someone who is a chemist who question the verbage of the claims of ASEA.  Okay, we will overlook your spelling and use of "atoms" as a proper noun and chemotherapy spelled as two words, for starters.  Yet to coin new words to reinvent the usage of old ones is indicative of promoting a philosophy rather than a fact. 

It is so amazing to me how these MLM'ers vehemently defend claims that they themselves have never tested.  Every so often there are new products with lofty claims which seem to appear, disappear, reform and re-appear on the "neo-health" horizon.  I have fell prey to some of them believing their claims.  Obviously, money is the motivation for most claims rather than a commitment to the individual sufferers or to make a difference in the community and the world.  If this si the miracle water from "Salt Lake City," I implore you to bring those healed, cured, and "delivered" individuals from private sectors outside of those who are "selling" this supplement so that they can dispel the snake oil pitch that is so pervasive in the MLM tactics.  JMHO

• May 17, 2011 9:47 AM PDT
    • You got me on the spelling and it is the Atoms that are manipulated .  Don't take my word for it do some research and yes our body creates these molecules through reduction and oxidation of sodium chloride.  Here are some resources for you so you don't have to take my word for it as I stand corrected with my spelling:

Here is some other backround.  The atomic physicist behind asea works at the University of Utah in the nano technology and is developing technology to deliver chemo therapy directly to a tumor via nano robots.  He is established and would not risk all of that for a salt water scam with 27 patents.  Again why advocate so strongly against something you are not familiar with, however off my message comes across. 

Methods in Redox Signaling Dipak (Author), Ph.d. Das (Author)

Redox Signaling and Regulation in Biology and Medicine by Claus Jacob (Editor), Paul G. Winyard (Editor)

ARS: Antioxidants and redox, volume 14, number 11 June 1 2011, Wulf Droge

Redox: Fundamentals, Processes and Applications J. Schüring (Editor), H.D. Schulz (Editor), W.R. Fischer (Editor), J. Böttcher (Editor), W.H.M. Duijnisveld (Editor)

• May 26, 2011 3:41 AM PDT
    • One must exercise intense caution and divine common sense when coming upon this kind of company. Dollars fall like rain drops from the wallets of the addiction prone. Many eBay users and gamblers find solace in the house of Quibids, giving dollars in turn for the chance to click on items that they can never actually win without paying full price. Such is the way of a good scheme, to assassinate one's better judgement through the use of addiction, reassurance of fortune or success, and the weight of ones own gullibility. Beware the scam clan, the penny auctions which go by many names, and are often run by the same masterminds. What fool would pay for betting points to spend against bots which are programmed to bid against you and jack up the price of the item? What then, when you have spent your point package and still fail to win the auction on the very item you hoped to attain? Will you spend more money for more points for more losses for more chances? Insanity, says I. Slice through this nonsense with your katana, and never look back.

• May 26, 2011 2:48 AM PDT
    • I can certainly respect that SilVania. If you should happen to come across access to another wand, my offer will remain very open to you, and I hope you don't hesitate to contact me. :)

• May 25, 2011 10:52 PM PDT
    • thanks for your reply Wallace :)

while i find your offer interesting, i'm afraid it's currently something that isn't possible for me to do.  Let me explain.  I personally have one AMwand, i have no stock and anyone that purchases one from my personalised website doesn't receive their AMwand from me but from Amega directly.  So it's not necessary for anyone to outlay large sums of cash for 22 AMwands etc, all they have to pay for are their own personal purchases.

While i am planning on purchasing a second AMwand shortly to lend to people that are interested in trying it out, i already have a number of people with health problems waiting to use it, these are people that i know personally and i'm sure you can appreciate that they come first.

As i already said, if you let me know where you are based i'd be happy to contact an Amega representative in your area that could talk to you and who knows they might have a second wand that they would be prepared to let you borrow for a while.  I'm based in Ireland myself.

This website might give you more insight into what Amega and their products are all about:  www.energisednow.com

• May 25, 2011 4:36 AM PDT
    • Tell you what SilVanAia, I'll bite. I'll be happy to test out the wand and give it a free trial run, between myself and a few friends of mine; all more than willing to be completely honest, we will test it between us. I'll gladly pay the shipping cost of you sending it to me, and pay the shipping cost to send it back, while guaranteeing it stays in the condition you send it in. I will be more than fair with our observations, and if there is so much as an itch scratched after using this wand, I'll more than happy to make sure it is well known. People do not get to accumulate experience with such things because most aren't going to pay so much for something with no scientific basis, or personal experience. I know how it feels to see something you believe in be the butt of many jokes, but let's face it, there is no empirical evidence whatsoever suggesting the wand does anything at all. I'm not into testimonials, promises, guarantees and demonstrations involving anyone I don't know. Even amongst my friends and I, we must beware the great placebo effect, but anything is something. I promise you no matter what the result, I will not mock, nor make fun of you in any written assessment I make of our experience with your product. I will simply report our results. Seem fair to you?

• May 19, 2011 12:15 AM PDT
    • lol none of you have tried these products yet you just decide that they are a scam without even giving them a chance.

Amega Global products do work, i purchased an AMwand recently and am absolutely delighted with it, and everyone i have tried it on has had great results, from stopping a cut bleeding practically instantly, to a swollen jaw due to abscesses with the swelling receding to 50% after ten mins wanding, to relieving pain from arthritis and back pain.  it also helps with energy levels and feeling more positive.

if you really want to be able to talk about something, why not try it out first and then at least you will know what you are talking about.  and yes i have joined Amega Global and think their products are fantastic.  there are plenty of vids explaining their technology and giving product testimonials, and i havent come across one comment on the net from someone that has actually tried the AMwand for themselves that calls it a scam.

if any of you would like to actually test the AMwand for yourselves either send me a message on here or through my website, i would love to arrange a free demonstration for you. :)

http://www.eamega.com/SilvanaiaEnergy

www.energisednow.com