Forums » MLM Scams

List of newest posts

• September 23, 2011 7:22 PM PDT
    • Personally I don't think any of this is paranoid crap.  I am new on this message board and the reason I even found it was through someone else who said go here and read about the dinar.  My comment has nothing to do about the dinar though.  I think both of you are right.  But Travis I have to say that if you think this is all paranoia then you should do a little more research.  As for the 9/11 event ... I really think you should dig deeper on this issue.  The builders of those twin towers are in groups trying to make it known that there is no way in the world those towers could have fallen when taking in the consideration of where the planes went and the weight .. the materials used to keep the building from collapsing if half the building were damaged in an earthquake.  I have only believed in the U.S. all my life.  I have to say that over the past ten years I have noticed more and more distressing things to the point where "I am not afraid" I am just ready for anything.  There was a tape played by a person a very honest and pain stricken person which said very clearly ... let's bring it down.  Since this was at the area where the towers were on the day of the event and the conversation was between very important people, I have to give it some credibility.  I will not name any names nor will I suggest anything other than to stop reading from the American Newspapers and go to the little ones out of the country that don't have people hanging over their heads.  If you think our government is not corrupt on the highest level ... for your own sake start doing your homework.  No President has ever lived that has taken stance against the riches 2% of the people ... there is no government any longer .. I don't know what it is.  Even at the President's speech about the New Job item he's trying to get pushed through the house ... the people were swayed away from this topic by a threat that was supposed to have occurred right at that time.  Every single time something needs to be squashed, a threat of terror is put out there for all of us to swallow with a glass of water.  I have no reason to lie, be paranoid or even write this post other than the fact that there are facts out there you have to find them.  If you ever choose to look up and you have to look deep ... about the builder's who have rallied to try and prove the twin towers and the third building could not have crashed like they did you may get sick at your stomach.  Those buildings imploded, ALL of them, and as if they were on a demolition list of buildings to go down. Watch the tapes ... the ones we all sat and watch while our guts rolling around our stomachs.

People have been arguing about the grassy knoll for how long?  We all thought we would get to hear the real truth after 50 years ... but it can't be told, it will never be told because the corruption of what our government really is would then be opened wide.  If we can go to a country and kill thousands of innocent people over a lie about weapons, do you not think things could be done here in our own country?  This would be like saying the killers have only the instinct to kill people far away when even our own presidents have to be protected from those who don't have a care of who dies.  If you believe in the bible and heaven then death is supposed to take you to a place of peace and happiness.  The religious people I know are terrified of death ... I myself believe that we definitely go to a better place but the bible may not be as accurate as everyone wants to believe.  If it were then there would be only one church.  I have studied them all so if you take a piece here and a piece there you can kind of put together a story that you like and make it a religion I guess.  I think if we do good, we help others and we think of ways to make someone's life better then we are doing the best we can in this life.  What I also believe is that I don't believe anything that I hear and not even half of what I see ... this just happened it's not like I asked to feel this way but I do and I know my thoughts are my own as well as yours thoughts.  If enough people really find out what is going on then maybe things can change.  What they teach our children now is a crime to me because it's the way that we are raised to believe these stories that makes it sad.

I also know that at the end of September many rich and governmental people are going away for a vacation, a vacation that they are taking right after the summer vacation, you can see this very clearly online with a quick search.  I also know there is an anomaly on the 27th day of September which may cause maybe earthquakes, darkness for a few days I really don't know what will happen it's all speculation but something definitely will be newsworthy.  From what I understand many of the people are going to Colorado that are taking these vacations ... if I am correct the bunkers are in Colorado for the higher ups to go to if necessary.  If you don't want to believe things that are said then proof them wrong so that we don't have to be concerned.  I am concerned not so much for myself but for my kids and their kids ... how can I die knowing what I know?  Our basic instinct is to protect our family and I just don't see a way to do that at this time.  There are many people who just want to live, not a rich person's life but a life with a car and a home and the ability to pay their bills.  But there are rich people out there that only want more money and more power and they have to limit to what they will do to get it.

I watched the documentary about the banks and all the powerful companies that destroyed things for us and how they all knew it and how they all got billions of dollars and how they ALL got OFF without any type of punishment of any kind and then I see that MOST of those people are now in office under Obama.  How does this happen?  Do they also know too much, do they also need to be around to do the next big thing?  I really don't have a clue and if I did search more than I have now I think I would ask to go to the moon it would be a much better environment than what we are living in now.  I can just convince myself that what happens happens and put my head in the ground like a lot of others but I don't know how to do that nor do I believe that to be good Karma.  To end this ... knowing this is a dinar post, I did buy dinar, my son bought some, not a lot of it and not really to make a quick buck, we have no idea if this will every pan out but with what the economy is here at this time and with all the money we make with nothing to back it up WHAT bigger risk am I taking to buy a dinar from a country that at least has something to back up their money with ... and that's if the U.S. doesn't somehow take over that too. We as a country have never left a country we have invaded or gone to war with or even state we are fighting the war to help the other people ... this is all a joke to think we will ever be entirely out of Iraq.  What country have we left that we went to war with?  At least the cost of buying Dinar's was a lot less than the cost of buying into all those investment companies that went under one after the other ... who made money from those businesses ??? The people who put them under ... not any of the hard working people who invested their whole life in them.  What difference is killing people overseas or in our own country with planes ... or throwing them out in the streets and taking the homes, cars, bank accounts leaving them with nothing absolutely nothing.  What about the people who dies in New Orleans,  all those needless deaths because of what?  Because they weren't rich people, they didn't matter and now with the way the market is each one of us could be homeless in the streets in a second.  How would you feel if you were one of those people and NO ONE cared.  Watching your family suffer and watching the banks get richer and get our tax money and our food off our tables.

So you think this country is honest and trustworthy ... no, I think there is a lot of proof to show what the people who run this country really are and they aren't always the people you think they are ... they extend way past what we see in our government.

I am still reading history one hard found piece at a time until I find the truth shouldn't you at least try to do this too?

• August 29, 2011 3:53 AM PDT
    • That is true, but I can't help but notice a sort of, lethargic, heroine daze. I'm only making fun of the photo, not the poor random girl who has no idea her photo was taken by a spybot, programmer thingie.

• August 16, 2011 8:41 PM PDT
    • [quote user="Rini Tron"]

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

Since the day his children were born, they have been under chiropractic care. Dr. Dooley successfully includes the special training he received in pediatric chiropractic techniques to ensure your children grow up as healthily as possible. After all, it is much easier to prevent problems then it is to fix them.

Chiropractor in Modesto
      Modesto Chiropractor

[/quote]

At least the picture for this spammer is easy on the eyes.

• August 16, 2011 3:16 PM PDT
    • Jacob, I wish they'd listen to you.  Just TRY it.  If you live in the Los Angeles Area in California, I will give you a free EnviroTabs TDK to try; but I refuse to ship out free samples.  That's the best I can do.  When I see a product claiming to do something I see useful, I buy it and give it a try.  If you can't spend up to $29.95 + s&h to try something that will save you more than the cost of the product, then you have bigger economic problems and shouldn't be wasting your time writing reviews on the legitimacy of products.

Regards,

Angel

• August 16, 2011 12:23 AM PDT
    • I know you didn't hijack this bus and take it on a Ron Paul ride did ya Rick? haha. I like Ron Paul, I don't really agree with his ideas but its come down to choosing anything different at this point. I feel like we have had the same leaders for the last 50 years and I don't even care how extreme it is, its time to do something different, rock the dang boat.

Proof of a product is all about people. We humans are more emotional than logical, and showing people how well something works can be a pretty powerful heart string. In my case I deal with nutrition, and I'll tell yall nothing makes a person happier than hope. I myself had a major weight problem until I got involved. I show new folks photos of me before and after, and if they have a weight problem to, almost every single one of them gives it an American try. Its a beautul thing, and it makes me feel good.

Funny that most of the people I meet that are trying to lose weight and get healthier are women, they always listen very intently, are usually more open-minded and are more prone to being my friend whether they stick with the program or not. In my case, I am the best proof I have. Most people aren't all about that science stuff like you guys are, demanding studies and figures, then when you get them you attack the sources which I can understand; unfortunately, the best source of information is to try it yourself. What I don't get is how much time yall are willing to argue about it online, why not just fork over some green and try it? Is it a pride thing incase it don't work?

The proof is in the pudding.

• August 15, 2011 11:41 PM PDT
    • "Always a colorful topic when you fellas are talking.

Mlm proof...hmm

1. Try to go easy on these products you guys have so much fun picking on, because even mainstream products rely on hype for good sales. I know you may not want to hear it, and I certainly don't, but a product only has to function in order to be considered effective. A diet pill can help you lose 1 pound a month, and that is pretty worthless overall, but so long as it can do it, it can be hyped and sold.That constitutes MLM proof I think.

2. Both products and people are all very different. I've seen you guys arguing to the bloody end over gas pills, and I can understand to some extent, but you realize that without an engineering degree, or even an automotive degree you can't possibly determine whether a product really works without trying it. If gas tablets so much as save an extra gallon, no matter how shabby that may be, it works. That's just how business works. In fact its kind of like those psychic shows where some weirdo is a conversation with you dead uncle Benny. Just one out of three guesses and a sense of credibility develops.

3. Real proof according to you guys should be some popular mechanics article explaining why something works or doesn't, but no one is really looking at this stuff. Its not big enough a deal, you know? You would have to invest the money yourself into an independent study that meets every possible piece of criteria before being universally accepted, or you could just have a celebrity endorse it! That would probably be more effective, at least here in the states.

4. It all comes down to you. If you squawk loud enough to complain or fight to the bloody death in your struggle to prove it doesn't work. Save some money and by enough of it to prove your point. You care enough to argue over the Internet, then buy some and do your own test. What better way to win an argument than that, right?"

Travis my friend, you continue to grind my gears with your outlook that to you; must seem so fundamental. You have the great civilization sickness, wanna know what that is? lol.. That's when things have been run a certain way for so long, no matter how insane, hypocritical, ineffective, unfair, or morally wrong; that you are choosing to continue to allow it to evolve in a negative direction instead of taking action and trying to make CHANGE man! I mean that all very respectfully by the way. Your 4 examples bug me, and I'll explain why. I definitely agree with you about your comparison between mainstream hype and mlm hype, as well as the dynamics of a products effectiveness, you are right beyond right. That STILL does not make "it" right. You are supposed to tell the truth in court, why the hell not during advertising? You share that "protect the current status at all costs" mentality. Its something that prevents change on pretty much every aspect of life.

You can't possibly be so afraid of things getting worse before they get better that you would prefer they stay the same just to avoid a temporary dip..can you? I don't want to get all political on you, but this reminds me of politics and everyone's favorite laugh bag, Ron Paul. The guy is suggesting some things that are absolutely unheard of. Virtually the only candidate that not only tells the truth, but scares the hell out of the left AND the right. The country is in such a dire position that he seems to be the only guy being honest about how bad the wound is, and has container of alcohol he's willing to poor and you KNOW its gonna hurt for a long time. The end result will be a healed wound, while all the other candidates are offering the same stale crap for the next generations, and possibly a gangrenes, severed limb.

Business and marketing is just like this, I'd go as far to say as its gross, and obnoxious. The fact that we have schools to teach people how to manipulate the consumer is really one of those things I'd imagine an evolved race would look back on and cringe, like slavery.

On one hand Travis, you're openly admitting that everything is BS, but that its what we eat and survive on, instead of suggesting a change in diet, and a change in how we harvest our food. Maybe I shouldn't even be at a network marketing forum with the way I see this, but I'd love a little honesty for a change. I'd rather see the economy take a massive dive, even if I'm part of the low, if it means we change for the better in the long run. There is a strange sadness to your post, like a silent cynicism underneath it that doesn't like the way things are run, but then you kind of just accept it and suggest we get what we can out of it. Maybe it comes with being older or something I don't know, I only know I disagree.

• August 15, 2011 8:00 PM PDT
    • Since the day his children were born, they have been under chiropractic care. Dr. Dooley successfully includes the special training he received in pediatric chiropractic techniques to ensure your children grow up as healthily as possible. After all, it is much easier to prevent problems then it is to fix them.

[url=http://dooleyfamilychiropractic.com]Chiropractor in Modesto[/url]
      [url=http://dooleyfamilychiropractic.com]Modesto Chiropractor[/url]

• August 15, 2011 11:10 AM PDT
    • No business here.

I'm a Civil engineer.  Any marketing ideas I use I openly admit they come from watching others in the industry. Anything else is school of hard knocks.

• August 15, 2011 12:12 AM PDT
    • Jon, thanks a million for that post, you really gave me a pretty good dose of insight as well as motivation to do some thinking about what I can fit into my current situation. Oh and that hundred dollar bill business card thing; priceless lol. Seems like such a (hard to think of) way to get your info in someone's hand and yet its brilliantly simple. Out of nosy curiosity, did you by chance take business in college? I have always been of the mind that successfully running a business today required two things at the very least: A number efficient mind, and knowledge of economics. So business classes seemed like they were imperative. I was listening to the radio a few weeks ago and the founder of PayPal was on saying everyone should drop out of business school and get out in the field where the real experience is.

It occurred to me why I felt he was correct, because it seems like successfully running your own business involves a number of dynamics, all related to change. The economy is constantly changing, the market is forever changing, the population is always growing, people's interest is always changing. It goes on and on and on and leads me to believe that no set education is much help in an area where the more you learn about the present (which is always changing incidentally), and the faster you can adapt, the better your odds of survival. I do think some type of formal education would help, maybe economics, public speaking, and the obvious necessities of language and math, but it seems that advanced business courses are becoming increasingly criticized. 

Anyway, sorry to ramble, but it struck me as a very interesting thing to consider that I hadn't been privy to before, and I guess I'm wondering if there is anyone here whom has, or is completing a business degree, if they feel it has done much to help, or if they could have accomplished the same thing without it?

• August 13, 2011 2:38 PM PDT
    • EPA Registration + Magnuson-Moss Warranty act of 1978 = 100% SAFE for your vehicle.

Try it and tell me what you think.

• August 13, 2011 6:49 AM PDT
    • Remember the old phrase "figures don't lie but liars figure"?  That's far too often my opinion of 'proof'. Companies lie, studies lie, and before you put something in your body or your vehicle that could cause problems worth tens of thousands of dollars, you at least want proof it's SAFE.

Beyond that, I'm a firm believer in the Try It method.  I don't care if YOU had success with a weight loss product, or a fuel saving product - I want to try it myself!

• August 13, 2011 5:08 AM PDT
    • Thank you Travis!  And like I told them it has a 100% money back guarantee; not a 30-day, nor 60-day, but an eight tank guarantee.  GFG's money guarantee is like no other in our industry.

• August 13, 2011 3:54 AM PDT
    • Always a colorful topic when you fellas are talking.

Mlm proof...hmm

1. Try to go easy on these products you guys have so much fun picking on, because even mainstream products rely on hype for good sales. I know you may not want to hear it, and I certainly don't, but a product only has to function in order to be considered effective. A diet pill can help you lose 1 pound a month, and that is pretty worthless overall, but so long as it can do it, it can be hyped and sold.That constitutes MLM proof I think.

2. Both products and people are all very different. I've seen you guys arguing to the bloody end over gas pills, and I can understand to some extent, but you realize that without an engineering degree, or even an automotive degree you can't possibly determine whether a product really works without trying it. If gas tablets so much as save an extra gallon, no matter how shabby that may be, it works. That's just how business works. In fact its kind of like those psychic shows where some weirdo is a conversation with you dead uncle Benny. Just one out of three guesses and a a sense of crediblity develops.

3. Real proof according to you guys should be some popular mechanics article explaining why something works or doesn't, but no one is really looking at this stuff. Its not big enough a deal, you know? You would have to invest the money yourself into an independent study that meets every possible piece of criteria before being universally accepted, or you could just have a celebrity endorse it! That would probably be more effective, at least here in the states.

4. It all comes down to you. If you squawk loud enough to complain or fight to the bloody death in your struggle to prove it doesn't work. Save some money and by enough of it to prove your point. You care enough to argue over the internet, then buy some and do your own test. What better way to win an argument than that, right?

• August 13, 2011 3:50 AM PDT
    • Don't be so hard on yourself.  You don't have to necessarily be 'outgoing' - success isn't determined by extroversion. There are hundreds of ways to build an MLM business - you just have to pick those that work with your life and personality and focus.  It also gives an exceptional motivatino to work on your personal growth.

Working from home most times isn't a disadvantage, when you consider many really successful people have done it via online methods.  Build a blog, use article marketing and some basic seo and you can succeed.  You go to the grocery store or target or walmart, right?  Hang flyers.  Drop cards (look like folded $100 bills).  Free classifieds, or pay for cheap classifieds. 

MLM isn't about those friends you've kept in touch with or what family lives close.  I personally do not recommend people try that - it's the quick way to rejection and ridicule.

I don't know your strengths or what you do exactly - but you've got the interest.  My thought? Find a product you don't find scammy and enjoy and dive in!  The guy who wrote "Conversations with Millionaires" once said "It doesn't matter if you get it right, just get it going".

Heck, consider the fact you're on MLM boards posting all the time.  Don't think you can market an MLM?  Just add a .sig to your posts and viola!, you're advertising your new biz!

• August 13, 2011 2:18 AM PDT
    • hah, that you for kindly thinking of me sir, I just don't think I have the kind of mentality that would be suitable to drive an mlm plan. I do have an outgoing streak but its lives in some pretty specific areas. The taste is here for sure, I'd be dishonest if I denied that. Simple things in life really make me happy, and morning or mid afternoon coffee is one of them. Javita would be a pretty solid product I could endorse, but I seriously have lost touch with all of my friends, and working at home cuts it down even further. I realize that these days people probably do better online anyway, but I have a PC repair business on the side, (I'm being generous when I call it a business) that gives me maybe 15-20 jobs a year, even with cheap fees. I just started a website, twitter and blog to try to promote it.

There is an mlm called FantaZ that I was a hair away from considering as well. I'm not sure how they're doing these days but that was the closest I ever came to actually jumping in. I'll tell you what though, if I thought I could move Javita on the side without too much time vested I'd do it, but that sort of illustrates why I'm not the best candidate for it. Half-assed effort yields half-assed results. Now Rick, that's a guy I can see selling a product. Hell if a potential lead said no, I could see him going on a 25 minute rant leaving the person joining just to calm the situation down lol.

:P

• August 11, 2011 11:42 AM PDT
    • Wallace - interesting you bring this up.  I was talking with someone about Javita last night and brought you up (in a positive way).  A gentleman who's on MLM forums, who I believe could be a superstar, but he's not in any Network Marketing business!

Rickdowns - Let me get this straight.... 1. you want to 'make some noise and start a business', 2. you don't want a gimmick, and 3. you drink a lot of coffee.

hummmm.  You DO know I'm a CoffeeMLM rep, right?! :)  Notice I send free samples?

• August 11, 2011 1:00 AM PDT
    • wow WB dude. I haven't seen you in a long time J.

Nice replies guys. I have time like Wallace does, but I work for two months straight at a time, then I sit around for a week. Love my job, but I have the desire to get a little something going, I've been coming here because I'm too chicken to pick a product I like, and the more I talk about the more I learn. If I feel like I can make a more informed choice I will, but lately I've been getting pissed at the reasoning behind so many of these reps. I want to make some noise and start a business, but I have NO interest whatsoever in making money on a gimmick. I drink so much coffee it aint even right, so I talk alot.

• August 11, 2011 12:23 AM PDT
    • Greetings to everyone!

I think this is a very good question, and I would like to say that I feel science is truly the best basis. Scientific method and objective analysis from the proper sources would be best. In my experience there are rules to follow. I have come to rely on common sense for my nutrition, to eat well, whole and natural food. I have come to rely on medical doctors for those times that I can't fix an ailment myself, instead of bracelets, specialty waters and jungle fruits. I save my money in a bank, not in mysterious vaults, coin collections, or special credit points.To avoid such things is to avoid many mlm companies, and those are the only ones that can use words against the less educated and make them believe things that science and common sense says are not so. I hope I am clear in my meaning, please reply and say if not. The only mlm companies outside of this circle sell products that may sometimes not be so great, but are visible, and are real. Software, soaps, cooking items to make kitchens better, wick less candles, and so much other products that deserve more attention.

Much love to everyone.

• August 19, 2011 8:49 AM PDT
    • Well, perhaps a bit more indepth research and you'll find out the truth about ASEA's product:

Medical Discoveries, Inc. product MDI-P, electrolyzed saline solution. Claimed to have a "cure" for HIV/AIDS, was a public company (MLSC), sold a TON of stock (and a lot of insider trading), never applied for FDA, had no clinical work in USA; lots of hyped press releases which never amounted to ANYTHING.

Medical Discoveries, Inc. (MDI) changed it names and focus, first "fuel additive", now "crop growing additive"...what a joke. If you google MDI and ASEA you'll see some of the old MDI people are doing testimonials for ASEA.

• August 15, 2011 1:10 AM PDT
    • First and foremost, it really isn't necessary to get upset in any kind of thread, its not worth your health. Most often -I know this from experience- companies campaign on the Internet using simple tactics like flooding the Internet with terms that debunkers and skeptics will use to search for damaging information. That's why you can type in "Asea Scam" and find mostly if not all positive articles using that negative term to get you to it. They do not limit it to that either, in fact you can utilize any variation of Asea and a negative counterpart and be lucky to get any kind of negative result.

Another effective tactic is to focus more on the chemical process than the actual product, whereas if you argue to a rep that you feel their product doesn't work, they will point you to articles and scientific studies about redox signaling, and how science has already proven that it works. Unfortunately, it seems that unbiased sources that prove the product actually does manage to utilize redox signaling, exist virtually nowhere. They will provide you with link after link of ASEA affiliated articles, interviews, test results, and special "rep-accessible only" documents that prove that it does, unfortunately none of it is actually referenced in any kind of scientific journal. WallaceL seems to understand what I mean according to statements he made in an en-virotabs thread.

These types of products thrive on an uninformed consumer, and are based on repetition and sales hyperbole. One can almost sympathize with the consumer because it is actually very challenging not to be overwhelmed with the "evidence" presented. The scientific method protects us from these kinds of things, unfortunately, the average person does not apply this to advertising. Instead of asking reps, companies and advertising firms to "show me the money", they have resorted to giving theirs away.

Just my 2 cents.

• August 11, 2011 1:12 AM PDT
    • I decided to come back and apologize to you Paul.

I don't feel differently about ASEA, but I think enough things have been said lately to see that I over reacted and I'm sincerely sorry for jumping so hard that I made fun of a typo. Low blow on my part and probably a bit immature. I make typos all the time, and it also didn't occur to me that English may not be your native language, and as someone pointed out, if that's the case, then you're a better man than me because I can only speak English. Sometimes we are probably going to have to accept that we won't have any kind of solid verdict on a company, and that not every question will be answered. For me, I'd need a study done by a reputable medical journal to convince me that ASEA water itself has a positive effect on the human body, and not only that, but also enough of an effect. Until then, I can get mad and we can all debate until the end of time and we won't get anywhere.

So I'm off. I hope you return to discuss this topic Paul, and again, I apologize if I said anything offensive and for resorting to picking on grammar. I wonder, do you know of any other sources to actually show that redox signaling is occurring in ASEA water? Is there a place where the testing has confirmed this?

• August 11, 2011 12:47 AM PDT
    • Greetings everyone, I'm sorry that I have not posted in this thread in quite some time.

Please do not let anger guide you in this discussion, it is not healthy for anyone at all and it risks ending intriguing discussions. Even though I feel that this is not a true product to some degree, I would like to point out how important it is that all minds remain open. I feel it is important to be skeptical, but never ever is it good to expect the worst.

You see my friends, some times good ideas do not land softly, and things must get worse before they get better. The world was once flat you know! People were killed over such a thought, and also it was believed the sun revolved around the earth. Try to be humble, and accept that anything is possible, anything that one can think can be manifested.

ASEA deserves to be looked at, it deserves to be talked about, and its reps deserve to be heard. We must discuss such things with love and kindness, or else we deny everyone the chance to communicate. What if it works? It may be a slim chance, but what if it is all true? How is it that we will treat this new idea, will we treat it as a people that fear change?

Absolutely not my friends, there are so many worthy things to express our anger over, such as starving people in the world, or losing our loved ones..... we must treat ourselves and each other better than that. Please try to remember the value of being kind, diplomatic, and most importantly at peace within. As a wise woman I once knew used to always remind me, that the one comfort in seeing something or someone you do not like is, that you need never be that person, or do that thing.

Namaste

• August 15, 2011 9:11 AM PDT
    • Thanks man.  I've been using my old video card (PCIe) with 2 monitors for about 3 years.  Just put it in the brand new low-end gateway, but can't get that third monitor to run off the on-board video. :(

I'd love the 3, but not willing to pay $200 for anything.  Considering a new one, like an 8670 or so (about $75)

I need to crack the case open and see if I can work another card in... probably have to upgrade my 300w powersupply if I do then. :(

Well, since i"m going to install my old HD as a music/pictures drive, I'll look then.

Thanks for the input.

JP

• August 15, 2011 12:35 AM PDT
    • Heya Jon, if I may there are a few things you'll want to keep in mind. I've duo'd monitors, and I've set triples up for friends, but there are a few things you'll want to avoid. One thing is, duel monitors make a video card work harder, and that can/will translate to more heat. If you don't have a fairly high end card, make sure you install an extra fan on it. Even if it doesn't have a fan mount. You can take a drill, cut out a circle with a jig saw and a metal cutting blade create a nice space for it. I would definitely recommend doing this for triple monitors, unless your card is as snazzy as mine. Most cards upward of $200 will be ok with this, but you will still want to make sure you can keep it cool enough.

A cheap alternative is also to buy another pci card (assuming your system is new enough to support AGP and PCI and I'm sure it is. The majority of PCs available from standard retailers like Dell, Gateway, HP etc can not do this, because they cannot process multiple video cards that aren't running in SLI mode. If you find that your card isn't well suited to run 3 monitors off of it, then see if your card is SLI compatible, and buy an exact duplicate. This will enable 4 monitors (if you wanted) with relative ease.

Good luck, I hope it runs smoothly, let me know if I can donate any further geek to the cause lol.

• August 13, 2011 3:54 AM PDT
    • Okay, this has nothing to do with MLM Scams... but I run 2 monitors on my computer.  Once you have 2 you HATE just one.

And I realized this AM I have a 3rd monitor sitting unused... 

Guess what WE'RE trying today! :)