Forums » MLM Scams

List of newest posts

• August 5, 2011 1:28 AM PDT
    • Listen, that's an audio track lol.....

• August 4, 2011 9:03 AM PDT
    • They are the creators of the "Science" behind the product.  Not the product itself but the science.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/WebsiteAudios/TDK+CD+Audio

there's the link with one of the scientists talking about the product

• August 4, 2011 8:47 AM PDT
    • What relationship does a nobel peace prize awarded almost 40 years ago to Ernst Otto Fischer of Germany and Geoffrey Wilkinson of Great Britain have to do with the top of GreenFoot Global Scam? How are they related to the Envirotabs?

Why does GreenFoot Global have a link to this PDF on their site?

I've seen just about everything when reviewing product claims, but this is a new one. Can someone please explain the implied relationship or how this supposedly supports GreenFoot Global and/or EnviroTabs NOT being a scam?

All these claims about angstroms coatings make it sound like a catalyst, the other claims about the use in the Dept of Defense just sound like the elaborate unverifiable hype that goes with all these deals.

Can someone show me how the people mentioned in the nobel prize are the 'inventors' of this product?

• August 3, 2011 2:21 PM PDT
    • http://www.greenfootglobal.com/clientinc/upload/NobelPrize.pdf

there you go

• August 3, 2011 9:12 AM PDT
    • Can you share those documents with us? I'd like to read that. JP

• August 3, 2011 9:06 AM PDT
    • @Wallace   Cynical? I don't think you are, I KNOW you are.  You are speaking on a product that you haven't even used and/or accurately tested.  Again, it is not a fuel additive.  Fuel additives are just conditioners; conditioners in which do not work in all fuels.  EnviroTabs works in all fuel because it doesn't work on the fuel itself.  I also have proof that it does reduce emissions dramatically.  I can provide them to you if you'd like.

Let me give you a quick EnviroTabs benefit example on saving:

Product Info: 1/2 tablet treats up to 10 gallons, 1 tablet treats 20 gallons

Say you have a Lexus that has an 18 gallon tank.  Your Lexus only uses higher octane fuel (Premium).  At today's price ($3.95/gallon for Premium), to fill up your whole tank that would cost you a total of $71.10.  Now if you use EnviroTabs, you can switch to using Regular Unleaded instead with no decrease in perfomance; actually your car will even run better.  That saves you 20 cents per gallon; now costing you only $67.50 to fill up your whole tank.  That is a savings of $3.60 per fill up (almost enough for another gallon of Regular Unleaded).  You get that saving for every tablet in the pouch, 10 tablet/pouch, equaling to $36 in savings.  The lowest price you can spend on the product of EnviroTabs is $20.  So, in the end you save more money than the cost of the product just off this One benefit EnviroTabs has to offer.

With all the other money saving benefits; such as increasing the longevity of your engine, increasing oil change intervals (oil last longer), and reducing emissions.

And a quick history fact for you:  this technology was first used by the government in the aerospace industry as a burn rate modifier.  40 plus million testing miles.

End note:  It isn't a scam; It's an opportunity to help consumers, entrepreneurs, and the world's environment.

• August 3, 2011 8:20 AM PDT
    • I spoke to Bill Hyman myself; and the reason he and his wife left FFI is because the company refused to make some major key changes in the business.  They no longer saw growth in the company, therefore, they left.

And...EnviroTabs is a Combustion Catalyst, not a fuel additive.  It works on the metal not the fuel; the fuel is simply the carrier.  People ask "what type of fuel can I use the EnviroTabs in," and the answer is it doesn't matter because it doesn't work nor alter the fuel.  Since it doesn't alter the fuel, it isn't a fuel additive.

Then why is it EPA registered under "Fuel Additive" you might ask.  Well let me tell you; even though they have proven to the EPA that EnviroTabs is indeed not a fuel additive, the EPA doesn't know what category to put them under.

Just a last minute fact; the technology behind EnviroTabs has won a Nobel Piece Prize in Chemistry.  I have the documents to prove it.

• July 27, 2011 4:16 AM PDT
    • Well, we all have some of those behaviors, I think its human nature. For some people it could be a substance, for others an emotional mechanism, but I think its part of being human. We definitely live in a world of excess, especially in the west. I watched super size me, I enjoyed it. There was another one I just caught on Netflix not long ago called Bigger, Faster, Stronger. It's about 3 brothers, two whom are taking steroids, and one that is against them and trying to explore what it is that causes men and women to go as far as they do to achieve a higher sense of self worth. There's a main focus on the steroids but it also has a kind of subtle focus on image and self worth in general, I really enjoyed it. As for Regeneslim, what can I say.... Products like this thrive on that inability for some of us to take control of our demons, and those of us that don't realize how simple it really is on a technical level.

• July 26, 2011 9:36 AM PDT
    • Obesity is an outcome of this wonderful world of excess that we live in...  I watched a very interesting documentary on this topic; wish I could remember the title.  (I am not talking about Biggie Size Me although I did find that interesting as well.)

It is unfortunate that "simply" eating less and moving more is so very difficult for some people, but behaviors and addictions are not easy to change.  I have a few behaviors that I'd really like to change, but haven't...  and I am pretty dang happy that they (the behaviors that I'd like to change) are not visible to every single person who can see me...  (Unlike for those that over-eat... )

• July 26, 2011 1:25 AM PDT
    • lmao, I just put that video on my Facebook, thanks for posting it, I had never seen it before. I agree with Rick completely on this one. Its not that I can't sympathize with overweight people, especially since I have been known to go up and down a few waist sizes every year, but Its always been a choice for me. I knew perfectly well anytime I was eating too much pizza or sitting around too much there was no mystery. I've taken full responsibility, and when it came time to correct it, I did in fact, move more and eat less. I have a tendency to feel as though people who join weight watchers, or take diet pills or need the help of an mlm of all things to get healthy; are robots. Vacant machines that feel a bit overwhelmed by a relatively simple ordeal. I know some people are food addicts, and I can understand why, so I'm not picking on people with chronic weight issues, its just that crowd that somehow doesn't understand the concept, and would prefer to put such terrible chemicals and pills in their body than to simply get up and live. Contrary to popular belief, some discomfort is worth its weight in gold. Its a balance that comes with life, and its important that people embrace it. If you spend too much time with the person you love, it becomes numb and loveless. So time away and missing them is necessary. If you sleep too much you will eventually get insomnia, so being tired is ok too sometimes. If you have sex 4 times a day, chances are you're going to experience some lack of excitement. Ok scratch that last one. You get the point though; too much of anything automatically equates to being worth nothing. Exercise hurts in a way, it hurts your body at first, it runs you out of breath, makes you sweat, forces your blood vessels to open, and will leave you sore. After your body adjusts however, you begin to feel as much pleasure as you felt pain.

You don't need Regeneslim, nor weight watchers or anything like it. Just eat less move more, like Carleen's video says :)

• July 25, 2011 10:49 AM PDT
    • Rick,

this is for you ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKs0oEIVOck

[quote user="Rickdowns77"]

... I don't even know if I'm more pissed off that they are still producing stuff or if its necessary to have yet another dieting product. What the hell is wrong with this country? You want to lose weight stop eating so much and freakin MOVE!

[/quote]

• July 25, 2011 1:15 AM PDT
    • Amen to that Travis, I don't even know what to say to be honest. The things a company can get away with are simply amazing to me. I'm going to keep up on this and see if I can't get anymore legal info. I already have very little faith in the government, but if they can't manage to enforce the law and make consequences not just for people that park in the wrong place, but also for companies that sold a potentially dangerous product, then I give up completely.

• July 21, 2011 1:57 AM PDT
    • $89 for a 30 day supply of poor judgment.

This company has no business whatsoever marketing anything that you can ingest. I find it simply amazing that RegeneSlim even has a following at all. Does anyone have any information regarding any comments made by Regeneca in regard to the Regenerect fiasco? I have yet to hear an explanation from anyone. It reminds me of a child that has been caught taking from the cookie jar and instead of acknowledging the fact, they have opted to just remain silent and act as if it never happened. With an attitude like this, and a set of laws that do next to nothing about it, its no wonder this new product is being peddled.

• July 20, 2011 3:09 AM PDT
    • Great, that's all we need now is more douchebaggery. So they take a little chromium, and whatever else should be in there and try for the weight loss market. I would laugh but I'm really disgusted with these jerks. Avalon I'll bet you any money they probably WOULD stick ephedra in there, these guys could care less as long as the initial launch proves to be effective. The only thing I don't get is why they never changed names, like Wallace said, I don't understand... I don't even know if I'm more pissed off that they are still producing stuff or if its necessary to have yet another dieting product. What the hell is wrong with this country? You want to lose weight stop eating so much and freakin MOVE! I personally wouldn't put so much as a tic tac in my mouth if it was affiliated in any way with any company that has any member that has anything to do with Regeneca and I hope they flop so fast that they end up being little more than an amusing memory.

• July 20, 2011 3:01 AM PDT
    • You know neither of those ingredients are anything special, I wonder why they are trying to make a formula out of them. I didn't realize all of this stuff happened with Regenerect until I read it on these boards awhile back. I was going to joke and suggest that RegenSlim would probably have the long outlawed substance ephedra in it, but I can't imagine they would try anything like this again after being caught the first time.... would they?

• July 20, 2011 2:30 AM PDT
    • lol, it just never ends. I'm not going to go on a tirade about how amazed I am that they are still in operation, but definitely an awesome catch on Watchdog again. I honestly thought they'd have changed names and everything. They must simply assume that any publicity is good publicity, which is true if you're a Hollywood actor or actress, but seriously, who in the hell is still giving them money? Anyway, by no means do want to redirect anyone from this thread, but I made a post in which I direct people to this one, basically trying to cover Regeneca's history thus far, and its a pretty blatant calling for everyone to simply stop giving these people money.

http://repspace.com/forums/t/3183.aspx

• July 19, 2011 4:16 AM PDT
    • The two patented ingredients in the product appear to be ChromeMate and SuperCitrimax.

180 capsules of Chromate Citrimax are available from Amazon for $28.95.

Walgreens sells Natrol Super CitriMax Plus with ChromeMate Dietary Supplement for ....$9.99.  Yes, Nine Dollars and ninety-nine cents for 90 tablets.

The RegeneSlim 30 day supply doesn't say how many tablets it includes. It would have to have about 864 tablets in their "30 day supply" to give the same value as the Walgreens version.

Unless all that extra value is in the "proprietary blend" which includes Kola Nut Extract ( 10% ), Green Coffee Bean ( 50% ), and a bunch of other chemically sounding stuff that I won't waste my time typing here.

Unless it contains gold or platinum dust, I don't know how that price can be justified. And aren't the primary benefits of Kola Nut and Coffee Bean the caffiene? Are these just glorified caffiene diet pills?

But to be fair, selling an overpriced product doesn't make RegeneSlim a scam.

• July 19, 2011 4:05 AM PDT
    • Is RegeneSlim a Scam?

From the people who brought you Regeneca...

Looks like WatchDog was on the money:

[quote user="WatchDog"]

I see three possible outcomes...

( http://repspace.com/forums/p/3044/4764.aspx#4764 )

2) They try to stay open, stop selling Regenerect all together ( I don't see any way they can keep selling it, even with new labeling, packaging, ingredients, whatever - it's dead ) and instead try to launch a new product line - my guess is a weight loss product or some other diet product. This is risky, as the FDA is going to scrutinize everything that comes out under the Regeneca label.

[/quote]

Regeneca has launched a new weight loss product, and what I find most ironic after the FDA actions regarding Regenerect, how how it was lab tested NOT TO CONTAIN the exact ingredients it turned out it did contain, the web site for the RegeneSlim Appetitite Control product says, in BOLD:

RIGOROUSLY TESTED

RegeneSlim is made in the USA from premium quality ingredients. Designed with your safety in mind, batches of RegeneSlim are tested in an FDA and DEA Registered Analytical Laboratory*

( The asterisk says "All batch testing can be accessed on this site" )

Before the Renerect meltdown, Regeneca stated that the lab testing results were available to be viewed at their offices and that they were kept in a safe.

I could not find the link to the above mentioned batch testing for RegeneSlim. And pardon my skepticism if I'm not comforted by the promises that the product was designed with my safety in mind. It implies a level of concern that probably should have been displayed when the company was distributing the woody-pills that contained a prescription analogue that comes with a list of warnings a mile long, especially for heart patients.

A thirty day supply or RegeneSlim costs $96.65 when you include shipping and handling.

I don't see anything unique about this product that makes it worth the cash.

• July 19, 2011 2:17 AM PDT
    • I was just checking things out around the internet and I guess I stopped looking at TVI Express after awhile since I long since figured they were shut down. I was amazed to realize that they were still operating in the US, and I just can't figure out why. I guess they haven't been caught doing anything substantially bad enough for anyone to forcefully shut them down. The thing is though, they are making money, people are giving it to them, and at a constant enough rate that they still seem to be in operation. That's the thing that perplexes me I guess. I don't understand how anyone would join anything without researching first, and it barely takes any effort to realize that these guys are scam artists. I already question the integrity of the average person's ability to think logically, but this kind of thing sort of enhances that feeling lol. I can give the elderly a pass to some extent because sadly, many of them can be talked into buying anything, but there is still a greater majority of young to middle aged folks that seem to be paying for it, because its alive and well. I suppose they could simply be giving off the appearance that they are alive and well and maybe are barely paying to host the sites, but I doubt it.

• July 19, 2011 1:11 AM PDT
    • Howdy yall, wasn't long ago, just prior to new year I think that The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission stopped three individuals from using Facebook to promote TVI Express. As I recall, it was the ACCC that stepped in and prevented the princess of bamboozle known as Teddi Jutsen and two of her idiot accomplices from throwing it around on Facebook. Now let me let yall know when a commission like that gets involved and tells you that you can't advertise something on Facebook, you can rest assured its BAD. Its nothing but a Pyramid, and I don't know too many people willing to line up in front of an angry bull and pay a $330 admission fee for your opportunity to get gored, and for something that isn't even real. Hell the company won't even give you paper an ink lol. Anyway the Aussies even went further than that by telling Justsen and her cronies that no one was allowed to participate via payments to or from TVI Express, effectively rendering it non-operational. Sure be nice if the USA would grow a pair and start following suit.

• July 18, 2011 8:24 AM PDT
    • [quote user="efantasye"]

you sound so frustrated, but people are making  money, all the network companies ar like this they have problem some where.

[/quote]

People are making money - so that makes all of the complaints from people who have been ripped off okay?

Not "all network marketing companies are like this". The ones that are get shut down. Then the executives typically move on and start another deal to scam more consumers.

Everything you need to know about the TVI Express Scam is in this thread:

TVI Express Scam

People pitching the program, saying how great it is, even when all the facts say that the deal and vouchers are a load of crap and that it was already shut down in one country.

Has anyone successfully used one of the vouchers? Or is success in TVI Express measured only in how much commission you earned selling bogus vouchers?

• July 16, 2011 11:05 PM PDT
    • you sound so frustrated, but people are making  money, all the network companies ar like this they have problem some where.

• July 16, 2011 10:52 AM PDT
    • You know, there are times I'm a bit confused about how things work in the direct marketing industry, legally to be more specific. I wonder if there is someone on these boards with some kind of legal degree, ideally a lawyer that can explain to me how a company stays in business when it has been the subject of all kinds of legal scrutiny. By now, its safe to say that even people who have no idea what an mlm company, or direct marketing is, knows that TVI Express is a scam. There are countless testimonials, publicly available articles detailing the scam, and the various figureheads that have been forced to flee in order to avoid charges. Yet, the site still stands. Is it because they have undergone the necessary changes to make it legally inaccessible by the law, in essence making it legit? Is it because its not operated in the countries that deem it illegal? I just don't get it. Furthermore, you can research TVI Express and leave out "scam" all together and see based on the results that its a terrible idea. So back to square one; how in the heck does it stay active? Who is paying for it?

• July 12, 2011 10:39 AM PDT
    • FillerUp Club Scam

[quote user="Jon"]

I can't believe there's no posts about FillerUP Club here!

In the short version, FillerUP Club is a membership club that offers you 50% back on your monthly gas usage.  You buy a Rebate Certificate that qualifies you for a maximum refund a month - you save your original receipts (buy your gas whereever you want!) and send them in.

You get a check back.

There's also an income opportunity.  It's a 10x5 matrix and costs $10 a month to be an active member.  Do the math, and the monthly income potential is staggering!

[/quote]

Every time gas prices spike up, another 50% gas deal or half off gas deal springs up.

What do they all have in common?

None of them ever survive. Does that make FillerUp Club ( FillerupClub.com ) a scam? Maybe, maybe not. But I'll stake my track record on identifying businesses that are going to fail against their operation - the last version I saw crash and burn was virtually identical ( as in essentially indistinguishable ) from the FillerUp Club offering:

1. Join the Club!  Free trial membership, and only $10 per month if you decide to stay! 
      2. Stock your 'Fuel Tank' only one time with Gas Vouchers. (details inside)
      3. Continue to purchase gasoline at any station in the USA or Canada.
      4. Send your receipt(s) to the FillerUpClub.
      5. Receive a rebate check for up to 50% of your original cost.

You sent in your receipt with a voucher from the fuel book. You were supposed to get a check back. A few people did initially get checks back. The owner of the deal went to jail. The book was sold via MLM as well as a fundraising booklet.

The reason the deal collapses is because this entire deal is based on a breakage model.

FillerUp Club Breakage Model

A "breakage model" is a business model where a benefit is provided - usually a dramatic savings - based on a mathematic model that suggest that less people will redeem the coupon, voucher or certificate than actually purchase the certificate.  The product or service can be sold for less than its actual cost, because the "breakage" from revenue earned from unused vouchers is anticipated to exceed the amount paid out in savings and "benefits".

In this case the "benefit" is 50% off gas. The revenue comes from the fees payed for the certificates.

FillerUp Club Math

Based on information posted elsewhere online, the fees for Fillerup Club are as follows:

$10 per month membership fee

Voucher Fees ( required to get 'rebates' on your gas purchases via FillerUp Club )

Three Voucher Choices:

$200 - Allows a maximum of $66 per month in gas rebates

$400 - Allows a maximum of $132 per month in gas rebates

$600 - Allows a maximum of $200 per month in gas rebates

FillerUp Club claims the vouchers do not expire during that period.

On the face of it, it sounds great, right?

Spend $600 for a six month voucher, and get back $1200 by submitting gas receipts each month of $200 for the six month period the voucher is valid.

Let's simplify the program and say there are only 10 active members.

Each member pays $10 per month for the first six months.

Each member pays $600 when they enroll for the maximum voucher benefit.

Company revenue is $660 per member ( to keep it simple ).

The company has generated $6600 in revenue.

If the first 5 people in the FillerUp Club each submit their vouchers and gas receipts for the maximum amount every month for the first six months, the company will have paid out $6000. ( 5 people times $200 = $1000 x 6 months = $6000 )

Leaving a whopping $600 for operating expenses. And that's at a 50% breakage.

But if it's such an awesome deal, why would only 50% of the people use it?

Let's say that 6 out of the 10 people use it.

Uh oh.

That's $1200 a month the company must pay out in gas benefits for a total of $7200 meaning Joseph Dutton must take $600 out of his own pocket to pay the gas vouchers submitted by these people. And that's at 40% breakage...

Wait a minute. What about commissions? How is the company going to pay MLM Commissions if they will be going bankrupt if only 6 out of 10 people use the vouchers?

Here's where it gets dicey ( and potentially illegal ).  Ask your FillerUp Club rep how this breakage math can possibly work, and they are likely to tell you "But new people are signing up all the time! There's tons of money coming in, just look at my commission check from new enrollments..."

FillerUp Club Ponzi?

If a company is paying benefits owed to members based on fees paid by new members, it's a ponzi scheme.

Every time I have seen this fuel deal pop up, this is exactly how it ran, and exactly how it failed. And how at least one executive went to jail.

Consumers ( and MLM Reps ) may be willing to forget about a $10 a month charge on their credit card - millions of AOL ( America Online ) users did exactly that for years after they stopped using AOLs service - but it's very unlikely anyone in this economy is going to forget about a $600 dollar gas voucher they purchased which promises to pay them $200 a month back on their gas purchases for six months.

In order to be profitable and persist as a company, what kind of breakage does FillerUp Club need to stay in business?

Add in normal expenses. Rent. Payroll. Phones. Taxes. Can they survive only with 70% breakage? 80%?

Is there some other magic ingredient to the FillerUp Club business model that I'm not aware of? If so, please enlighten me here.

FillerUp Club Red Flags

Who does the merchant processing for FIllerUp Club voucher purchases? ( If the company folds, will you be able to get your money back from your credit card company )

What is the business history? ( how long in business, business rating, etc )

Who are the owners, and what is their success ( or failure ) history?

• June 29, 2011 4:46 AM PDT
    • Great! Thank you very much, that was very helpful. I'll certainly look into this and include it among my other prospects. I have a few different areas of interest that I'm currently exploring. Once I pool them all together and get ready for decision time I'll no doubt make some progress.