Forums » New Reviews

List of newest posts

• January 4, 2012 11:25 PM PST
    • I noticed this company uses the ".net" version of their web address, even though the ".com" is available for a under $2000.

I'm wary of a company that doesn't have the budget to purchase the .com version of their domain name.

I don't like anything about Rex Worldwide product.  When I donate to a charity, I select it carefully and make a direct contribution. Paying Rex Worldwide to be the middleman makes no sense. There's no accountability. That and the fact they are located out of the US is ridiculous. I agree wholeheartedly with the Rex Worldwide Review posted above. This deal has "possible scam" written all over it.

• January 3, 2012 1:33 AM PST
    • REX WorldWide Review

REX WorldWide is a "for-profit fundraiser" that sells gift certificates through a network marketing model to support different causes, such as wildlife protection, child nutrition and education, environmental protection, and poverty alleviation. REX WorldWide reps are called "Social Entrepreneurs" and earn commission on the sale of gift certificates through their personal REX WorldWide websites. They can also build a team under them by referring new Social Entrepreneurs.

The company states on its corporate site that it donates 51% of the proceeds from the gift certificates it sells to charity, and the remaining 49% is kept by the company for cost recovery. Most of us are aware that when we donate money to a charity, some of the money is used for administrative costs, etc. But I have to wonder how many people would purchase a REX WorldWide "gift certificate" knowing that the cause of their choice will only receive 51% of the money. Wouldn't it make more sense to just write a check directly to the charity? I feel this would be a big stumbling block for anyone trying to succeed as a rep for this company.

I tried to find out how much the "gift certificates" are without actually purchasing one; however, I wasn't able to find any information on the corporate website. There is also nothing on the site about how much it actually costs to enroll as a "Social Entrepreneur" -- it only says that you must purchase a "fundraising license" before getting started. There is also nothing that explains how anyone would know that ANY of the money they spend on "gift certificates" is actually going to the charity.

The idea of being able to earn money while helping the less fortunate is definitely appealing; however, REX WorldWide has "possible scam" written all over it.

• January 4, 2012 3:49 AM PST
    • Nerium International is a relatively new company, but their presence on the cover of Success from Home magazine is being touted by reps everywhere ( including in a thread here that I will be quoting ) as a sign that the company is going to skyrocket to success.

As noted in another thread, and quoted here, Success from Home is a pay-to-play publication.

[quote user="JangoMan"]

That's what I thought.

The company buys $330,000 work of issues to be featured, they then turn around and have reps and distributors buy the magazines to use as sales aids and provide "Validation" that the company is legit because they are featured in Business at Home Magazine. Circular reasoning.

[/quote]

Jangoman requested a source for the $330,000 figure - it's from an article in USA TODAY regarding Fortune High-Tech Marketing.

"Companies that are featured on the cover of Success From Home agree to buy at least $330,000 worth of issues, according to a description of the prerequisites obtained by USA TODAY." Source, USA TODAY Article ( Click Here for Complete Article )

Using print articles in pay-to-play magazines is nothing new, the publications have simply gotten slicker and acheived wider distribution. Earlier trade publications of this kind used to have names that included "MLM" or "Network Marketing" but dropped those because by their very title they create skepticism.

There is really no way to know how many of the articles in Success from Home are just advertorials, and how many are legitimate filler, but the fee to be the featured company creates a very misleading message for distributors trying to determine if companies like Nerium International are legit, or just have deep enough pockets to buy exposure.

That said, I would be interested in reading a specific Nerium International Review that talks about their products, services, executives, etc.

• January 4, 2012 1:33 AM PST
    • Npros just added a profile on Text Cash Network.

I know when they add a company it usually goes out to a pretty broad audience in their "new company" newsletter.

• December 3, 2011 12:27 AM PST
    • As far as I know it's completely different.  I've heard cash texts isn't a multiple level payout?

Also, if you look at each page the numbers of total members, today's members, and top recruiters are different.... so I assume they're just competitors.

Hope that helps.  As with any pre-launch with missing information I approach this skeptically - but it's an awesome concept, potentially unlimited upside, and so long as we all keep our wallets in our pockets 'just in case' we should be fine! :)

• December 2, 2011 10:35 PM PST
    • I admit this is going to be a brief review, but I must admit I'm pretty astonished at this one.

Text Cash Network is in pre-launch and looks to be huge! 

First, it's Free.

The concept? Well, we've all heard of Groupon, right?  Companies pay to have their advertisement broadcast to people who've agreed to receive it, typically with a 50% special on a product or service.

Text Cash Network combines this Social Coupon concept directly with the mobile and smart phone markets. The money paid by the advertiser is split with the networks receiving it.

So, Sign up for Free

Agree to receive up to 5 texts a day with money-saving offers (yes, you control how many and can receive less!)

Earn up to $1.50 (per month).

Okay, you're not going to get rich off that, but this is also a 10-level referral program. While it's presented as a 2x10 matrix, you can actually introduce as many as you wish.

Since it's a referral program, your potential income rises dramatically - their site shows a Maximum potential with a full 2x10 of just over $2,300 a month.

Since it's still in pre-launch, there's still a shortage of information about how levels 2-10 pay.  I'll update when available.

There are also 3 other income streams in the company,  called the Power-Line, Power-Share and Power-Match.

Again, more details will follow!

TCN is owned by an un-named 5-year old company, and I read elsewhere that in a test-run earlier this year a major franchise in a mid-sized American market generated over 50,000 customers.  Unverified, but potentially shows the power of this concept.

In my mind, this has the potential to be a huge opportunity, and has essentially no downside as it's free. The texts you receive are limited, and the concept will be for offers with real value.

• December 19, 2011 12:49 AM PST
    • Supresalin 60 is an appetite control gum manufactured by Novum Nutraceutics.  The company claims that Supresalin 60 can help reduce sudden cravings and urges to binge and help control appetite. According to Novum Nutraceutics’ website, when Supresalin60 was tested 100% of the participants reported that the product significantly and noticeably reduced their appetite.  The effects are supposed to last for approximately 30 minutes to one hour after chewing the gum.

Supresalin60 contains the following active ingredients: Phosphatidylserine, a phospholipid; Adigam, an herbal extract used for the reduction of sweet cravings and appetite; and Slendesta, a potato extract which induces a feeling of satiety. Novum claims its chewing gum delivery system allows the active ingredients to be absorbed faster and more thoroughly than supplements that pass through the digestive tract. The ingredients in Supresalin60 penetrate the tissues of the mouth, bypassing the stomach.

Novum’s Science Advisory Board includes Dr. Jesse Mitchell, a cosmetic surgeon who, according to the company website, is known for his work with Lipophage, a weight loss product. Other members of the advisory board are Dr. Gerard Goryl, a neurologist and owner of “A Better Weigh Medical Group”, and Dr. Christian Barney, a chiropractor, certified nutritionist and medical examiner. 

Supresalin 60 reviews by people who claim to use the product consistently state that use of the Supresalin gum completely blocks the sweetness of anything they taste immediately after use. They do not get the benefit of satisfying their sweet craving, so don't binge on sweet and fattening foods.

Supresalin gum is marketed by NovumNow ( Novum Neutraceutics ).

• December 2, 2011 1:07 AM PST
    • Hello Ernesto,

My husband was among few people that contributed ideas for Lifepharm Global MLM since 2 years ago together with his India's friend. Lifepharm  is a legit company and totally not a scam MLM. Just leave your email or contact no and I'll get my husband to get back to you.

Thanks.

Listria

• November 21, 2011 1:20 AM PST
    • My cousin just tried to sign me up in LifePharm. I have never heard of it.

He claims the product is from a semi-fertile hen egg and they are extracting some kind of growth hormone or growth element from the egg and packacking as a potent 'healthy life burst'.

Price $43 for 30 pills.

This just sounds like another supplement product to me with claims that it comes from some part of of some plant or animal that has never been used this way before.

Any info on this company? Is LifePharm legit or another MLM scam?

• November 23, 2011 12:10 AM PST
    • JangoMan,

I have not done anything to close any prospects. I just use the replicated link.

It looks like two prospects converted to sales at a rate of $12.48 each so far.

I don't know how the leads are generated or the quality of the leads or if people end up in the lead pool. I haven't gotten any emails on the email I used to sign up so I don't know if that happens or not.

So far I have 30 enrollees all passive from my advertising on Npros.

• November 22, 2011 1:06 AM PST
    • Great review of MyLeadCompany.com.

Although I am not a big fan of lead generation systems, I am always interested in the critical details that seem to be left out of most reviews:

How difficult is it to close a prospect?

How much is earned from each prospect closed?

I would like to know more details on the My Lead Company leads.

How are they generated?

What is the quality of the leads?

When someone enrolls as a free member of My Lead Company, do they end up in the lead pool themselves?

• November 22, 2011 12:56 AM PST
    • My Lead Company Review

( and Enrollment / Commission Test )

My Lead Company is a lead generation and sponsorship company founded by J. R. Jackson.

Enrollment in the company is free, but you need a sponsor ID. If you do not have a sponsor ID, the company will rotate on into the enrollment window for you.

My Lead Company claims to have the world's first "Straight Line Compensation Plan". In laymans terms, they say that anyone who signs up after you ends up in your downline, regardless of the sponsor.

Since enrollment is fee, I decided to do a test of some of the most critical factors for any MLM. How many people can I enroll with the minimum ( passive ) effort, what is the conversion rate, and what is the financial ( commission ) reward?

I took out a sponsored link on Npros.com on the My Lead Company page when the company was initially listed. According to my correspondence with the Npros ad department, when a new company is added to their directory it is picked up by about 20,000 RSS feed subscribers and also goes out in a "new company" newsletter to about 15,000 subscribers. Npros also quoted an average 14% conversion rate on their advertising from click to lead.

i also negotatiated a fractional ad campaign ( a percentage of the site ad rotations ) for a 160 x 600 tower ad on the site.

I bid on the 336 x 280 ad spot on the My Lead Company page on MLMRankings.com ( 65.00 ).

Here are the results after seven days:

Total Clicks to my landing page at My Lead Company ( http://myleadcompany.com/myleadaccess/ )

146 clicks. The 336 x 280 ad on MLMRankings specifically on the My Lead Company page has a 23.08% click thru rate.

The advertising page clicks reported sync up perfectly with the "website hits" in the "my tools" back office of MyLeadCompany, so tracking seems accurate on both ends of the advertising and landing page equation.

My "Direct Team" downline, personally sponsored enrollments after 7 days ( all passive via clicks landing on my replicated landing page ): 23 New Enrollments

The all important conversion number: 15.75% conversion rate from clicks to free members.

Since MyLeadCompany.com pays commission daily, I have been checking to see if any commission has been earned. Today commissions showed up in my back office.

It looks like a least one person ordered a lead pack and I earned the direct commission. I did not contact any of the leads directly, so this is a passive sale. ( A 4.3% conversion rate from lead to sale )

I have not personally purchased any of the leads, my goal is to earn commissions from downline sales because MyLeadCompany does not seem to require me to pay a month to month member fee or make a purchase to remain qualified to earn commission.

The only downside I can see so far is that in order to get paid I need to create an account with AlertPay or OKPay, two companies I am not familiar with. I would prefer they used something simple like Paypal, but I don't think Paypal allows MLM companies to use their payment system.

There is a $3.00 transaction fee when you request disbursement of your payment, and a minimum $10 commission withdrawal. Neither of those seem unreasonable.

My ad campaign will run for one month, I will continue to update results based on clicks and passive conversions. I am assuming that at the current rate, commission revenue will exceed my advertising fees within the next few days.

Overall, I have found the MyLeadCompany.com back office interface easy to use. I do with the commission information was more detailed. I can't seem to find out how to determine who in my downline has made lead purchases, which would help me do more direct marketing to those in the downline who are "buyers" vs "lookers".

• November 18, 2011 12:42 AM PST
    • Those prices are retail prices, with a $20 membership fee, you can take 20% off of those prices, making it comparable to your local Whole Foods store!

www.foodrevolution.mybeyondorganic.com

• September 30, 2011 6:42 AM PDT
    • Beyond Organic Review

Jordan Rubin of Garden of Life fame has founded Beyond Organic with a product line featuring "Green-Fed" meats and probiotic foods.

In the 1990's, Rubin suffered  from Crohn's Disease, arthritis, diabetes, chronic fatigue, hair loss and anemia. After trying everything to get healthy, Rubin claims he turned to the Bible for answers. After healing himself with his Bible diet, he wrote 'The Maker's Diet' and went on to found Garden of Life, a vitamin and supplement company. (Conveniently, many of the supplements recommended in The Maker's Diet were sold by Garden of Life).

In 2004, the United States Food and Drug Administration ordered Garden of Life to stop making unsubstantiated claims about some of its products and supplements on brochures, labels, and in Rubin's book, Patient Heal Thyself.

Rubin sold Garden of Life to Atrium Innovations in 2009 for $35 million. Now he's back with Beyond Organic.

Anyway, enough back story - on to my Beyond Organic review:

Products

Beyond Organic's product line is an assortment of organic foods and beverages.

Beyond Organic's "Green-fed" beef comes from cows that are fed grass plus a variety of foods that Beyond Organic claims are more completely digested and suitable for a cow's diet than the feed given to traditionally-raised cows. Beyond Organic claims to let their cows roam free in organic pastures. The idea is that all of this natural food fed to the cows is, in turn, better for you.

All of Beyond Organic's Green-fed beef is "biblically slaughtered to kosher standards."

Beyond Organic retails their Green-fed beef in the form of ground beef, hamburger patties and sausages. Green-fed ground beef (either bulk or in patty form) will retail in a 1 lb. pack for $10 and the sausages come in a 12 ounce pack of 6 for $10.

Beyond Organic's Really Raw Cheese is made from the milk of Green-fed cows and they claim it is organically produced. Really Raw Cheese will be available in Cheddar, Cheddar Blue and Harvati varieties and will retail for $18.75/lb.

Amasai is a fermented milk drink that is supposed to benefit the immune and digestive system. Amasai will retail in a 6 pack of 16-ounce bottles for $37.50.

Reign is mountain-sourced spring water Beyond Organic claims is "up to twenty times more pure than other leading brands." It will retail in a 24 pack of 16-ounce bottles for $25.

There is also a flavored variety of Reign. Flavored Reign water, available in several different flavors, will retail in a 24 pack of 16-ounce bottles for $62.50. Yes, you read that correctly :  $62.50 for 24 bottles.

Beyond Organic claims its probiotic chocolate is full of fiber, Omega 3s, and probiotics. It is only offered in a dark chocolate variety and will retail in a 12 pack of 1-ounce bars for $41.25.

Compensation Plan

The Beyond Organic Compensation plan is designed around a unilevel organization (unlimited levels deep and wide) along with an autoship or personal purchase requirement for its reps to remain active.

Commissions, along with remaining active, are based on product values. A product value is a percentage amount of the preferred customer price of their products.  In order to participate in the Beyond Organic compensation plan, a Mission Marketer (Beyond Organic's name for their reps) must maintain either 150 PV a month (including their own orders and that of retail customers), or 100 PV in autoship purchases.

Direct commissions are paid out as a percentage of the PV of products retailed to either retail or preferred customers. There is also a direct commission paid out on the orders of directly enrolled Mission Marketers up to two levels deep in a Mission Marketer's unilevel organization. Generational Commissions pay out up to 4 generations deep within a Mission Marketer's organization.

Conclusion

Beyond Organic appears to be a legitimate network marketing opportunity. The Beyond Organic compensation plan is recruitment-based but is also tied into product volume, meaning there has to be a certain amount of product sold in order for distributors to advance. The monthly PV requirements seem a little high, but they are comparable to the requirements of other companies.

The biggest challenge Beyond Organic distributors are going to face is that the niche market that exists for organic products is only so big. Ultimately, Beyond Organic's products, whatever their health benefits, are expensive alternatives to products most people already buy.

It's going to be difficult for "Mission Marketers" to convince many people to change their shopping habits and start buying more costly products, especially with the economy in its present state.

On the positive side, however, there are certain areas of the country where people will gladly pay a premium for organic foods, and Beyond Organic products may be an easy sell there.

Also, I believe Jordan Rubin's back story will be compelling to some people. Despite his questionable academic credentials, he is a published author, which will no doubt add some credibility to the Beyond Organic opportunity.

• November 1, 2011 5:14 AM PDT
    • Ausante Review

Ausante has an interesting product...they sell carbon credits. Read on for my Ausante Review.

Ausante is based in Wilmington, Delaware. They sell carbon credits, which are standardized international units of carbon dioxide removed from the atmosphere by activities like planting trees. The Ausante website says it has partnered with the Zambian government in a reforestation and environmental stewardship project, which apparently is where all those trees meant to offset its customers' carbon footprints are going to be planted.

Ausante's "packs" of carbon credits start at $320 for an individual to be "carbon neutral" for one year. In my opinion, that is a pretty steep price for something that is intangible. Not to mention that there is no way for a customer to know whether any trees were actually planted with the money from their purchase.

To become an Ausante Consultant, you need to either sell 20 Ausante Carbon Credits in 1 calendar month or purchase a package for your own carbon offsetting requirements. The company has a hybrid comp plan, and consultants earn retail commissions, rewards on their personal referrals, matching bonuses, and "Global Income" on the sales of consultants in their down line.

This is either the newest wave of "green" products, or it could be that Ausante is a scam. They basically are relying on people to a) feel guilty enough about their carbon footprint to purchase something that they will never see; and b) have enough discretionary income to spend hundreds of dollars on something they cannot consume or use, which in this economy is  expecting quite a bit. I do not personally know anyone who has an extra $320 that they could spend on becoming carbon neutral. Also, Mark Chadwick, the CEO of Ausante, does not have any prior experience running a company, according to his official biography, and has been on several boards but doesn't say for which companies. Vagueness is usually not a good sign.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Ausante. Some will argue that it must be a scam or pyramid scheme, because they are not selling an "actual" product. Actually, they are selling a product...just not one you can hold in your hand.  I would be willing to bet that they only sales that will occur are the ones made to new consultants who think they are onto the new big thing and so on. Then it becomes a matter of the "product" only existing as a means to recruit new consultants, not something that the general public is interested in or able to purchase.

• October 28, 2011 9:55 PM PDT
    • Thanks Chris!

I would like to add up some good information to this useful forum post. The Customer Advantage site has many benefits for small businesses and entrepreneurs because they need exposure in the online world. Many people cannot spend more money for their product branding and marketing. With more members adding up to the database of The Customer Advantage, it might be an easy task to buy and sell.

But one thing that people should remember is that this is not a original idea because Groupon daily deal site has already given this type of business model. The only key advantage here is the members. If the members profile increases, automatically the profit also would increase.

• October 26, 2011 3:03 AM PDT
    • Clever Container Review

If you're looking for a good direct sales opportunity with a home party format, read this Clever Container review.

The Clever Container Company was founded in 2006 and started its Organizing Party Format in 2007. I thought Clever Container was similar to Tupperware when I first heard about the company, but other than the fact that both are sold at home parties, it's not similar to Tupperware at all. Clever Container has a huge variety of organizational products, including product lines for organizing crafts, kitchen, bath, kids' stuff, laundry, closet, office, auto, and travel, among others. All of the products offered are practical solutions to common storage/organization problems. I don't think there is anyone who couldn't find a product to purchase at a Clever Container party.

Clever Container refers to its home parties as "classes", as they include organizing tips, trends and ideas. There are different themed classes to choose from, which is a good way to get people of different ages and genders interested.

Clever Container definitely fills a niche, with $4.37 billion spent each year on containers alone in the U.S., and as far as I can tell, it is the only home party company specializing in organizational solutions.

"Clever Consultants" earn a base commission of 25% and can earn more with bonuses and by building a team. The cost to become a consultant is fairly low: $199 for over $400 of product, business supplies and training material.

Clever Container looks like a good opportunity for someone who is interested in selling a fairly unique product line from a growing company.

• October 17, 2011 6:47 AM PDT
    • As stated in the above article:

"The Versativa compensation plan is identical to that of ForeverGreen..."

The reason for the comp plan being the same for both is that Versativa is one product line in the ForeverGreen family.  Any product purchased or sold is part of the same comp plan, not separate. 

As with all MLM's there are different teams within the organization.  ForeverGreen has built, and continues to build, a cooperative community of distributors (i.e. we help each other across the team "barriers" even when we do not personally profit from it).  As a fairly new distributor I can say without reservation that I have recieved more support from inside and outside my team AND from ForeverGreen directly than from the other three MLM's I have been involved with.

The reasons I became a distributor myself are twofold: 1. strong, moral company; 2. outstanding, marketable products that I use.

One of the benefits of being in the team that I am involved with is great marketing tools.  If you are interested, go to the site below and learn some about ForeverGreen and Versativa.

http://www.ed.myrainmakersystem.com/

Ed E

• August 29, 2011 9:24 AM PDT
    • Versativa Review

Versativa is a new division of ForeverGreen, which has been around since 2003 and markets health products. Versativa's product line is based on hemp, which it calls "quite possibly the biggest eco-solution of our time."  Versativa's products are nutritional supplements containing hemp seed.

Hemp was grown commercially in the United States until the 1950s, when extremely high taxes on the crop made it effectively impossible to grow industrial hemp. Although industrial hemp and marijuana are different varieties of the same plant. Therefore, the US Drug Enforcement Administration lumps together industrial hemp with marijuana. According to the Versativa website, the company will be actively supporting the hemp movement with initiatives such as starting a petition for legalizing hemp growth in the United States.

The Versativa compensation plan is identical to that of ForeverGreen, and distributors must auto-ship product each month in order to participate in the plan. You may also enroll as a retail customer if you don't want to become a distributor.

ForeverGreen seems to be a successful and legitimate company, especially considering its relative longevity compared to other MLMs. Therefore, becoming a distributor for Versativa is probably one of the safer options as far as being able to feel confident that the company will be around for a while. Also, people who already purchase ForeverGreen products will probably be receptive to Versativa products. In addition, many people are becoming more interested in the health properties of hemp seed, so Versativa may have a strong customer base in the near future.

• October 3, 2011 3:50 AM PDT
    • WOW!!!!! Interesting perspective.

The site page you went to is only 1 of 7 available to Distributors and all have a varying level of information available and are slanted towards what the prospective member or customer is searching for. There are pages specifically aimed at Customers others for Distributors.  There are also pages in 5 additional languages besides English.

Whilst it is possible to earn an income from spill-over we do not recommend just sitting for 12 - 18 months or more and waiting for the company to build around and below you. Especially when introducing just 3 others, Customers or Distributors in any combination will open up several additions income streams for you including Leadership Bonus Pools, Matching Bonuses and Generational Bonuses.

Yes, Skinny Fiber works for weight loss but also for so much more. I have many medical issues myself and several of them have prevented me from losing weight, I have tried diets, exercise, over the counter and other online preparations without success. I initially began using Skinny Fiber May 5th 2011 fully expecting that I would not lose weight on it either as even medically prescribed preparations had failed to shift my excess weight because I have a Thyroid Disorder included in my complex medical history.

The sole reason I began using Skinny Fiber was because of the reported reduction in Cholesterol that it was capable of producing and a recommendation from a friend that it had helped lower hers. After 3 arterial bypasses on my left arm due to my extreme cholesterol levels causing arterial blockages and the medication I was on only having a limited effect in controlling the overproduction of cholesterol my body was causing I was desperate to find something that would help prevent me from needing further surgery. So were my medical team so with my Doctors approval I ceased all Cholesterol medications and began taking Skinny Fiber.

Within 3 weeks my cholesterol had began dropping, my triglycerides had too, my blood sugar levels had stabilised as had my blood pressure and both were under close observation with the intention of adding medications to control these if they had not stabilised within 3 months and I had commenced losing weight. 8 weeks after beginning my Cholesteroal and Tryglicerides were under control for the first time in 11 years without the aid of dangerous medications and more weight had come off. My medical team at this point began taking serious notice.

I am not the only person reporting great results with Skinny Fiber, there are many and most are simply Customers not Distributors. Facebook is positively littered with testimonials on Skinny Fiber.

As with any company you get out of it what you put into it, yes spill-over can assist you to build an income but do not expect to become rich overnight from it, be prepared to wait patiently for at least a year or 2 to see anything worth writing home about, if you want to earn an income in any company you need to produce some effort be that a traditional company or a Network Marketing one.

There are also "quite a few disgruntled people" in the wake of the owners of many companies, it comes with the territory, people are all too happy to blame others for lack of success in any company or occupation.

Bottom Line: If you want to earn an income you do just that, the statement says it all EARN not be GIFTED anything, all the tools, training and support you could ever need come complete with your $10 once only Distributor registration fee. Ben Glinsky is a successful multi-millionaire businessman he has several companies and ALL are still trading, he does not open one and sacrifice another, he expands his portfolio. Skinny Body Care is here and here to stay. Skinny Fiber comes with a 30 day money back guarantee, it will cost you between $30 and $59.95 per month (depending on the package you order) so if you have health or weight issues and have failed at everything else it is worth your while to give this a trial just as I did. If you want to learn how to work from home with honesty, integrity and ethics then join a team and company that truly cares about it's members Skinny Body Care is it.

• September 6, 2011 3:03 AM PDT
    • Skinny Body Care Review

Skinny Body Care is a fairly new MLM, founded in January 2011. There seems to be a lot of buzz about this company, so I decided to do some of my own research for this Skinny Body Care review.

The first thing that raises a red flag for me is when I go to the corporate website and there's no information. If you go to skinnybodycare.com, you have to either enter a distributor's number or your own email address to even get past the home page. You can click on the "Contact Us" tab, but it only lists addresses for product returns, one in Utah and two out of the country. That doesn't sit well with me. Why the secrecy? They should want to tell anyone who goes to their website all the information possible about their company, including the address and phone number of the company headquarters. (They are headquartered in Texas, as I found by doing some more searching on the Internet).

The website also does not list any information about the company's founder or management team. I was eventually able to find out that Skinny Body Care was founded by Ben Glinsky, who has been associated with several other MLMs and appears to have left quite a few disgruntled people in his wake.

As its name implies, Skinny Body Care's product line is in the health and nutrition niche, more specifically weight loss. There are already many MLMs specializing in this type of product, so this is a crowded and competitive niche in the industry.  Skinny Body Care seems to be banking on two things:  1) there will always be people want to lose weight fast without exercise or diet and 2) there are always people who want to make money without really working for it.

Skinny Body Care's flagship product is called Skinny Fiber.  They call it "the ultimate weight loss solution".  The company promises this product will flush toxins from your system, melt away fat, reduce your appetite, and boost your metabolism.  The ingredients are Glucomannan, a natural fiber, Caralluma, an appetite suppressant, and Chá de Bugre, their "Brazilian secret" which is supposed to melt away the fat by increasing your metabolism.

If you are familiar with multi-level marketing, I don't have to tell you that this "ultimate" weight loss product is absolutely nothing new to the industry.  I'm sure you'll hear people swear that Skinny Fiber works, but you could find just as many people who would say the same thing about other MLM weight loss products, not to mention weight loss products one can buy for a lot less money from GNC or Walmart.

Skinny Body Care has a 3 X 8 matrix compensation plan with a Powerline system.  In a matrix comp plan people fall under you from the top to bottom and left to right.  So, in theory, as people above you sponsor people, they fall under you and as you sponsor they fall under the people below you and so on. This is called "spillover".  The problem with spillover, however, is that as the matrix gets wider people have very little chance of ever getting spillover.  It sounds very enticing to people to be able to join a company where all they have to do is sign up and do nothing and they'll be rich, which is completely impossible.

Over and over, this phrase showed up when I researched the Skinny Body Care comp plan online:  "...a new distributor can earn income up to $1618.50 per month, without sponsoring a single distributor as long as they are on autoship..." That is utter nonsense. If someone tells you that if you simply join the company under them and hang in there, you'll get spillover and make $1618 a month by doing nothing, you should run in the other direction.  As more and more people realize that banking on spillover is a mistake, they'll cancel their auto-ship and drop out of the business.

The only people who have any chance of making the kind of money Skinny Body Care is claiming you can make without doing anything are the company founders and distributors who signed up at the very beginning of the company. The problem with presenting the compensation plan this way is that they are eventually going to end up with an organization of people who never recruit anyone new and simply sit and wait for their check. Guess what happens then? Bye-bye, Skinny Body Care!

Bottom line:  If you didn't get in at the beginning of this company, you have to actually work to earn a check. If you like the product and like to sell and recruit others to sell, go for it. But don't expect to get rich quick, and don't expect this company to be around for very long unless they radically change their compensation plan and the way they present their business opportunity .

• September 22, 2011 5:21 AM PDT
    • Chews-4-Health Review

Chews-4-Health International has been in business since July 2008. I decided to write this Chews-4-Health review because in a crowded nutritional supplement marketplace, they claim to have something unique, and they have been in business long enough to seem legitimate.

So, what makes Chews-4-Health's product unique? The company claims that their chewable dietary supplement is different from others because it contains no artificial flavors, preservatives, or stabilizers. The information on the corporate website drives home the point that chewable supplements are more quickly absorbed by the body than traditional vitamin and mineral pills. I don't know whether Chews-4-Health is completely unique in the marketplace, but it does seem to be a legitimate product. It retails for about $45.00 for a one-month supply, which may be a little pricey for some people. Those who are already taking supplements and are serious about nutrition may not feel this is too much to pay, especially if they can try a sample before purchasing.

Chews-4-Health International was founded by Dr. David Friedman, a Chiropractor and certified Doctor of Naturopathy who is a frequent guest on syndicated radio and television shows.  Dr. Friedman was formerly associated with Seasilver, which was sued by the FTC for false and unsubstantiated product claims. Does this mean Chews-4-Health is a scam? In this case, I don't think so. The company is not making any outlandish claims about their products and they are careful to include the statement that the product claims have not been evaluated by the FDA, nor are intended to treat any disease.

The Chews-4-Health compensation plan is a pumped-up version of a binary pay plan. Most companies that have binary compensation plans usually pay commissions only on the weaker leg. The Chews-4-Health compensation plan allows distributors to earn commissions on both legs, and the company has set no limit on the amount of money a distributor (or "Team Member") can earn.  

Chews-4-Health appears to be a legitimate company; however, like any other direct selling company, the distributors who make the most money will be the ones who work the hardest at both selling product and building their sales organization.

• September 21, 2011 10:00 AM PDT
    • Ariix Review

Ariix is one of the newest MLMs in the health and wellness categories. Ariix was founded by former executives of Usana: Fred Cooper, Jeffrey Yates, Mark Wilson and Riley Timmer.

Ariix claims to set the "Gold Standard" in the MLM industry and nutrition industry. So, what makes Ariix any different than the other companies in this already very crowded field? Read on for my Ariix review.

One advantage Ariix may have is that its management team came from a successful MLM that has been around for years and has a successful track record. One can assume these executives had some part in the success of the company and will bring their experience to Ariix.

However, it appears that at least one of these executives, Fred Cooper, was working on incorporating Ariix while still employed by USANA. Mr. Cooper and the other executives resigned from USANA in May 2011, but the domain www.ariix.com was registered on January 12, 2011 by iCentris, a corporation owned by Mr. Cooper.  The corporate name Ariix was registered in Utah on February 12, 2011 by Celebrus LLC.  Celebrus LLC shares the same address as Ariix and iCentris.  It seems to point back to Mr. Cooper.

That is a conflict of interest, and employees have been successfully sued by their former employers in similar situations.

Many reps from Usana are switching over to Ariix, and some are pitching Ariix as "like Usana but better." If they seriously believe Ariix's products are better, they should pitch them on their own merits, not by comparing them to Usana's. And speaking of the products, what exactly sets them apart? I couldn't find any information anywhere (including the Ariix corporate website) that would make anyone think these dietary supplements are superior to any other supplement on the market.

Ariix has what is for all intents and purposes a binary compensation plan.   The primary difference in the Ariix compensation plan is that it allows you to have up to 3 legs that pay out against the power leg immediately. 

Is Ariix a scam? Probably not. Fred Cooper and his fellow ex-Usana execs were making good money from their Usana salary and stock options. Why would they throw it all away to start a scam? That wouldn't make any sense. Ariix may not be a scam, but it is a multi-level marketing company. Every MLM claims to have the best products and a unique compensation plan. Time will tell whether Ariix has staying power.

• September 7, 2011 7:24 AM PDT
    • Vi-Tel Wireless Review

Vi-Tel Wireless is a fairly new MLM that has a rather unique compensation model in that it doesn't require its reps to recruit new reps in order to be paid. This fact inspired me to write this Vi-Tel Wireless review.

Vi-Tel sells cellular, security, and satellite services from various affiliates via its representatives' replicated websites. Vi-Tel receives a commission when someone goes through their sales affiliate owner's web site to purchase or upgrade any of their devices or services. Vi-Tel, in return, pays the referring affiliate or website owner a portion of the commissions. Vi-Tel's affiliates include Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-mobile, Clear 4G, Dish Network, and Front Point security.

This selling model obviously has a few advantages for Vi-Tel reps, such as the fact that they don't  have to purchase inventory of any product in order to sell. They also do not have any sales quotas to meet. It costs $49.95 to sign up as a Marketing Representative for Vi-Tel, after which there is a recurring monthly fee of $19.95. There don't seem to be any hidden costs to the reps. Representatives are paid commission on their sales and those of new reps they recruit; however, they don't ever have to recruit anyone if they choose not to. This is pretty refreshing, in my opinion. The company is not making bogus claims about how you can make a ton of money just by getting other people to sign up under you.

The only problem I can see is actually getting people to purchase these things from your website. I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to get your family and friends to do so, assuming they were going to purchase it anyway. But after you've gone through family and friends you would have to do some serious promotion to get customers to purchase from your replicated website.

Is Vi-Tel Wireless a scam? I've seen a couple of things online from people claiming that Vi-Tel is a scam because it isn't selling an "actual" (physical) product. In some cases, that has definitely been true (TravelMax,anyone?), but in this case I don't think so. The products and services they are reselling are real, and Vi-Tel isn't requiring its reps to spend inordinate amounts of money to start up. I think the issue really is that the company just started and it will take some time to see if they can get some momentum.