Forums » MLM Scams

List of newest posts

• September 10, 2012 8:18 AM PDT
    • I read all the posts and i really don't understand those of you who are constantly complaining about everything. Man, just try the stuff and then talk about it. The personal experience in the best experience, just like a picture is worth a thousand words. Ok, lets face it, the stuff (ASEA) is very expensive and I am drinking it but i don't know at what price you are buying it, cause my friend, from who i got the bottles of that salty staff, gave me 1 bottle for free and for other 3 bottles he charged me $90.00 and at my level of consumption (0.06 cl/per day) i will have this case for 64 days, well ok a little bit less, cause i have been drinking it for last week.... just try it and then judge it...peace out...

• August 22, 2012 8:27 AM PDT
    • The technical study was conducted at the U of NC and affiliate colleges. Check the right hand links on this landing page. I don't put a great deal of stock in studies, one way or the other, myself. This is a blind spot for techies and medical people but people actually buy supplements because they make them feel better and they get results that they feel. The human body is the ultimate testing technology when the rubber meets the road. The day my chromatograph or my microscope can jump down off the table, run around the room and tell me how much better it feels, then the studies will take on a whole different meaning for me. Redox signaling may well work at a quantum level for all we know so I'm not sure we even know a great deal about how profound they are for health .... and may never know. We may possess a limited capacity to make scientific observations or measurements. I've used ASEA for about 8 months and have had great results. I'm not going to even bother going into that because people are either ready for this kind of sharing or they aren't, very separate and independent from any experience that I have or anyone else. The experience is real.

For people to insist that science must prove something that is really a human health reality is either a denial or a business driven , supply driven attempt to dilute or discredit the joy that someone else is experiencing. I'll bet there is no science available to tell you how delighted I am that the nay-sayers are trying to pull the conversation over to the pharma driven paradigm of "show me the proof" when a customer's proof is in the doing. Good for the customer ! They're simply smarter.

Warning : This product is non-toxic and may cause you to feel great. This statement has not been reviewed by the FDA.  LMAO

• August 22, 2012 8:17 AM PDT
    • No one is presuming that ASEA people are"guilty".  Merely that they are not objective, that they have a vested interest.  So you can stop that diversionary tactic.

Still, we've asked for published studies, and studies that are publicly available and nothing yet again.  We're told, contact this guy and he'll tell you.  So nothing is public, just that we'll whisper some "study" information and that should be good enough for you.  Really??  So nothing that the public can have, so it can be objectively and independently assessed and validated.  Just take some guy's word for it who will only tell you privately.  Amazing. 

And still with the pharmaceutical industry conspiracy theories.  All nonsense.  If you think logically and sensibly and aren't paranoid, you'll see than none of those thing hold any water at all.  They are not logical or even good policy for the Pharma industry.

And why haven't the media picked up on this ASEA miracle?  Because there are no serious published studies to go on.  There is no real information, just assertion screamed over the internet by surrogates (so the ASEA Co. itself can distance themselves from and "claims").  If there was anything really there, ASEA would be publishing studies all over the place.  In the mainstream media, in the alternative media, in scientific journals.  All that would turn directly into real sales.  But there is none of that.  They prefer to keep things quiet, make outrageous claims person-to-person, and charge 5-10 times what the product could be sold for through regular retail channels. If the claims were real, and justified by serious, objective studies, then based on the claims you hear for this product, the ASEA company would be worth billions more than it is.

Finally as for the redox stuff.  Yes, redox processes occur in the body.  But there is no direct link between that and the ASEA product.  There is no information as to what is actually in the ASEA product other than salt and water, no mention what ions, molecules, etc. the product actually contains.  They imply by association that it is the same, but do not actually say it -- more protection for the company.  And then even if the molecules and ions are the same, there is no evidence that drinking them will reach the cells in the body when they might be used.  Drinking them could have ZERO bio-availability.  They could be totally neutralized by stomach acid and other digestive processes. 

There is NO proof of anything offered, nothing that can be reviewed objectively and independently.   Any one who can't see through all this is blinded by hope, faith, or ignorance  -- and ASEA is there to exploit them.  What was it that P. T. Barnum once said...

• August 22, 2012 7:26 AM PDT
    • Actually,. Miss Know-It-All, I have followed up on this.    I had been interested in ASEA for a close friend of mine who has Stage 4 Lung Cancer.

When I looked into the studies, I found that none of the studies were independent.  I also found that most of them came out of same folks who produced ASEA. 

As far as your hubby goes, have him produce his name here, his doctor's names and address and/or his doctors prognosis of his condition that was directly improved by his use of ASEA.  I would definitely like to talk to his doctor to get his professional opinion.

And before you jump down my or anybody's throat, remember that you qualified yourself as a scientist.  Given that fact, you positioning yourself as a authority here.  If you are so scientific, then I am sure that you can look at any response objectively rather than to answer with a knee-jerk reaction, which further puts me off from this discussion.

Thanks and have a great day!

• August 21, 2012 3:51 PM PDT
    • It's not my product, not my claims. We are just satisfied customers. The claims are backed up. You just aren't reading the info and I've already provided you with an email to my husband who can give you the info: chagelgans@hotmail.com

If you haven't even tried to get the info then why are you complaining?

Thanks
      RK

• August 21, 2012 2:49 PM PDT
    • I have not posted here for a while hoping that this subject would just drop.  I am sick of folks who make claims without backing up those claims.  In all respect for your credentials, please publish your findings in a public arena and let them stand to the test. 

Why not publish them in the NY Times or any reputable publication and let it be backed up, in your words, scientically.  Right now you sound like you are defending your position by backing it with what you call yourself -- a Scientist.  Well if that is the case, to public, publish who you are, your credential, your findings, your husband's identity, his doctor's findings of his prognosis, etc.  If not, please stop.

You are sounding like a Moonie (my apologies to the Moonies)!

• August 21, 2012 2:01 PM PDT
    •   If you actually want to learn anything and not just presume ASEA people guilty without due process, contact my husband Chuck, chagelgans@hotmail.com who willl be happy to answer any specific questions you have and direct you to appropriate supporting literature. Have an open mind. Yes it's an extraordinary claim. There is also extraordinary proof on the individual level for many people who have used ASEA. I always ask for my money back when there is a guarantee and I'm not satisfied. Chuck was ready to do so as well. I am a scientist and I don't embrace these things lightly. I've seen what ASEA has done for my husband. People can try it with no risk. There is nobody being evil here. Yes modern society breeds cynicism, but you don't have to let it cripple you. RK

• August 21, 2012 6:05 AM PDT
    •   Please.  Where are the published findings?  Who are they published by?  Why don't you provide a link to them?  Where are the findings of the "independent testers"?  How was their test structured and designed?  Links, please.  I can't find any legitimate independent studies anywhere.

A money back guarantee means nothing.  Lot's of crap products have money back guarantees.  It's just a marketing ploy.  Few dissatisfied customers ever ask for their money back on anything.

Finally, you don't have to try it to know that it is nonsense. A little objective thought and a little bit of research (if you need it) will tell you pretty quickly.   You just have to cut through all the noise generated by all the people with vested interests trying to sell you the crap.

• August 21, 2012 5:56 AM PDT
    • So WHERE are these "scientifically" "demonstrated" results??    Please provide a link to some real scientific results.   And don't give me this lame pharmaceutical industry conspiracy theory crap. If your product did what you claim it does, the pharmaceutical industry would buy it for a few billion dollars, and they would market it properly (not this inefficient and shady MLM stuff) and add it to their bottom line.

Beyond all that there is NO evidence whatsoever that drinking this, even if the ions it may have are actually involved in REDOX processes that they will even get to the individual cells all over the body where it might be used.  Just becuase you drink something doesn't mean it gets everywhere in the body (or anywhere at all).  If you've got proof of this please share it becuase I have not seen it.

• August 21, 2012 5:46 AM PDT
    • Absolutely.  Further, have you actually done a patent search for patent assigned to or owned by the company?  You'll find that there isn't much there that would substantiate the wild claims being made for this product.

• August 21, 2012 4:51 AM PDT
    • They *have* demonstrated it scientifically. The reason it is not sold as are vitamins is that the pharmaceutical industry then has an opening to try to shut them down, which they have already tried to do. That industry profits from having people be in poor health a lot of the time. ASEA would cut severely into their bottom line.

Taking vitamin supplements is not as effective in general as directly increasing the cells' redox signalling capability. The competitive bikers are already eating super healthy diets and taking whatever vitamins they think will help them. ASEA went way beyond that in improving their performance.

• August 21, 2012 4:39 AM PDT
    • Evidently you have neither tried ASEA nor read the findings of independent testers. You speak out of ignorance. There is a 100% money back guarantee on the product. Try it and then decide. Read the published findings and explain what you think is wrong with them.

• August 21, 2012 4:35 AM PDT
    • My husband is a skeptic with a severe, longstanding  sleep problem. After 2 days on ASEA his sleep problem was 90% fixed and he is now an ASEA distributor. "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof " -- but he has the extraordinary proof. His site is:  redox-for-health.com

Read the published scientific studies. This is not just 'salt water' -- it does not taste like salt water. After 6 weeks on ASEA I am now jogging/sprinting a mile per day and I have bad knees and severely arthritic toes. Don't badmouth it if you haven't tried it. There is a 30 day guarantee so you have nothing (except shipping around $10) to lose.

• August 21, 2012 4:30 AM PDT
    • Cindy is correct. There are entire medical journals devoted to studying redox signalling molecules. ASEA has been tested by completely independent agencies whose business is to test health supplements and their jaws were on the floor when they saw the quantitative beneficial results.

• June 29, 2012 3:42 AM PDT
    • First-time poster. Found this site because I was researching ASEA for my 80+ y/o stepmom.

I found this article published in an apparently reputable biology journal in April 2012:

http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/26/1_MeetingAbstracts/lb713?sid=c4261da1-f8d2-4932-94a0-ca395b0d1d8e 

If I'm reading it correctly, the study showed that ASEA causes your body to take energy from fat cells rather than from muscle cells. However, it doesn't change athletic performance or affect either inflammation, oxidative stress, or immunity.

So maybe it's a good thing to take on a diet (so your body doesn't break down muscle tissue when it needs to make up for less food intake) but that's about it. (Aside: Is ASEA worth the price for that benefit? Doing resistance exercises accomplishes the same goal.)

What's interesting is that I found the above article via an ASEA-selling website. They reviewed the study and completely glossed over the negative findings, just focusing on the fact that it causes the body to change energy sources. In fact, I would consider this article to be completely misleading as to what the research concluded. Not a good sign.
      I've encouraged my step-mother to look elsewhere for things to boost her immunity and energy levels.

• September 8, 2012 4:20 AM PDT
    • Have you watched the movie Fat Sick and Nearly Dead? it's a juicing diet. The man that made the movie has metabolic disease. so does the other guy weighed in @350lb. Isagenix is bad for you, if you overdose on vitamins in the program and you died you would not be able to sue them. If you get cancer years down the road, how will you know if it was the Isagenix. Food is for me. I was homeless for 1.5 yrs and lost alot of weight, I couldn't eat anything that needed refrigeration. ie: milk,  butter, ice cream,  eggs, cheese, sour cream. usually ate at Burger King and I ate donuts and cereal for breakfast w/a pint of milk.

• August 19, 2012 6:11 AM PDT
    • It was not a surprise at all the Zeek Rewards and Zeekler were shut down last week.

I've had several calls and emails over the last several months about Zeek Rewards, especially as they climbed up the ranks to the top 10 on MLMRankings.com ( rankings are based on interest, not on quality of the company ) and in every response I said the same thing:

Zeek Rewards will be shut down, and most likely people may go to jail.

When they asked why, did I think Zeek Rewards was a ponzi or a pyramid, I would say, not in the sense that you think of other MLM companies being a 'pyramid scheme' but because they are taking money from people as an "investment", not calling it an investment, in fact going to great lengths to make sure everyone was trained to specifically not use the term "investment", but when I looked at back office details on the returns on these Investments by any other name, it was crystal clear that Zeek Rewards was operating as part of its back end a non-registered investment scheme.

I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt, and say, well, maybe they just didn't know it was really an investment - but all the shenanigans to try to misdirect and label the investment aspect as something else makes that doubtful at best.

Here's how it worked. Forget about the cash for bids, and the ridiculous requirement that you had to essentially spam a classified ad every single day ( the only reason they ramped up and ranked so high on MLMRankings.com ) the core problem was the leaders were pitching a deal where you put funds on deposit with Zeek Rewards, an in turn earned a very hefty percentage return.  That returns turned out not to be from profits, but from other people in turn investing their own money in Zeek Rewards. That is the definitely of an Ponzi investment scheme.

Here is a snapshot of an actual back office account for the "Profit Pool Award":

To help ensure that the retail profit pool finishes quicker, we're limiting the start time of this report while the retail profit pool is running to a 10 days in the past from the end time of the report.

The full history will be available again when the retail profit pool completes.

7/30/2012 6:05:27 AM

Retail Profit Pool Award for : 7/28/2012
      Retail Profit Share Resulted in an award of $32.38 with 100% in Repurchase. $0.00 in cash award, and 32 in purchased bids.

$0.00

7/28/2012 5:33:59 PM

Retail Profit Pool Award for : 7/27/2012
      Retail Profit Share Resulted in an award of $30.63 with 100% in Repurchase. $0.00 in cash award, and 30 in purchased bids.

$0.00

7/28/2012 1:34:17 AM

Company Pool Resulted in 195 VIP Points. You earned 195 VIP points from Paying Back Bid Advance On Customer, Giving Bids To Your Personally Sponsored Customers

$0.00

7/27/2012 2:20:42 PM

Retail Profit Pool Award for : 7/26/2012
      Retail Profit Share Resulted in an award of $65.00 with 100% in Repurchase. $0.00 in cash award, and 64 in purchased bids.

$0.00

7/26/2012 3:38:05 PM

Retail Profit Pool Award for : 7/25/2012
      Retail Profit Share Resulted in an award of $64.32 with 100% in Repurchase. $0.00 in cash award, and 64 in purchased bids.

$0.00

7/25/2012 12:03:30 PM

Retail Profit Pool Award for : 7/24/2012
      Retail Profit Share Resulted in an award of $65.68 with 100% in Repurchase. $0.00 in cash award, and 65 in purchased bids.

$0.00

7/24/2012 9:06:39 PM

Company Pool Resulted in 92 VIP Points. You earned 92 VIP points from Paying Back Bid Advance On Customer, Giving Bids To Your Personally Sponsored Customers

$0.00

7/24/2012 2:53:57 PM

Retail Profit Pool Award for : 7/23/2012
      Retail Profit Share Resulted in an award of $62.25 with 100% in Repurchase. $0.00 in cash award, and 62 in purchased bids.

$0.00

7/23/2012 1:11:15 PM

Retail Profit Pool Award for : 7/22/2012
      Retail Profit Share Resulted in an award of $29.47 with 100% in Repurchase. $0.00 in cash award, and 29 in purchased bids.

$0.00

7/22/2012 4:48:01 PM

Company Pool Resulted in 58 VIP Points. You earned 58 VIP points from Paying Back Bid Advance On Customer, Giving Bids To Your Personally Sponsored Customers

$0.00

7/22/2012 1:21:04 PM

Retail Profit Pool Award for : 7/21/2012
      Retail Profit Share Resulted in an award of $30.25 with 100% in Repurchase. $0.00 in cash award, and 30 in purchased bids.

$0.00

7/21/2012 10:51:19 AM

Retail Profit Pool Award for : 7/20/2012
      Retail Profit Share Resulted in an award of $28.21 with 100% in Repurchase. $0.00 in cash award, and 28 in purchased bids.

$0.00

7/20/2012 10:37:56 PM

Company Pool Resulted in 119 VIP Points. You earned 119 VIP points from Paying Back Bid Advance On Customer, Giving Bids To Your Personally Sponsored Customers

$0.00

7/20/2012 12:46:39 PM

Retail Profit Pool Award for : 7/19/2012
      Retail Profit Share Resulted in an award of $59.86 with 100% in Repurchase. $0.00 in cash award, and 59 in purchased bids.

$0.00

This was from an initial "investment" of $2500.00

When asked about this, and shown these numbers, my straightforward advice was "Get out while you can."

I've seen posts elsewhere about the Zeek Rewards Shut Down, and most people keep parroting the company meme "But it's NOT and INVESTMENT because the company SAYS its NOT an INVESTMENT".

Guess what people, the company can call it whatever they like, the SEC took a look at it and decided it was an investment, and since they have the black suburbans, the cool sunglasses, badges and guns, they win. Zeek Rewards loses.

All the complaining in the world won't change a thing. If Zeek Rewards had just operated a simple penny auction site, they may have been okay, but even the FTC issued a warning last year about penny auction sites which puts all of these companies ( Bidify, etc ) in potential peril from additional federal scrutiny.

Sorry to those who lost money, this isn't an attempt to ridicule anyone who invested in or believed in this business model, but it's a perfect example of when something seems to good to be true, it usually is. Plus, there were all kinds of red flags out there about Zeek Rewards and Zeekler. Everything from past business failures for the executive team, lack of contact info, and lets face it, a really really cheesy site.

• July 18, 2012 8:39 PM PDT
    • These type of programs really just piss me off.

So many people mis-represent them and how they 'earn'.  There are outright lies and ignoring the laws.

These programs AND THE PEOPLE WHO REPRESENT THEM hurt our entire industry, feeding into those believers that 'all MLM is a scam".

It's embarrassing and shameful.

• July 18, 2012 6:34 PM PDT
    • Hey all, stumbled across this forum/article in my research and came here to post that I agree. I think Just Been Paid and JSS-Tripler are SCAMS. I wrote a fairly in-depth review of the program as well. It's over 1,100 words so probably not best to post it in full (being that the OP is already pretty lengthy) so here is a link to my website I posted it on: http://penguinrungames.com/jbpreview.php

• June 25, 2012 7:08 AM PDT
    • The company is one of the most clear cut illegal internet scams. Your review is on target.

• May 28, 2012 1:01 AM PDT
    • [quote user="JangoMan"]

It would be the supreme irony of what triggered this company's downfall was a copyright complaint.

[/quote]

I heard back from the artist Jody Wisternoff on Facebook. She said she was unaware her music was being used by JSS Tripler in their videos. I tried to watch them but haven't got watchdogs patience for junk videos.

• June 16, 2012 11:48 PM PDT
    • JR Jackson is someone I've known for a few years now, and a fine man.  He's a massively successful networker who started his own company, and i've always known him to live up to his promises.

I'm a MLC member as well, and I've gotten support tickets answered at all times of the day, and quickly.  You might have just run into a technical error one day.

JP

• June 14, 2012 3:18 AM PDT
    • Thanks for the info. I will edit my post.

• June 14, 2012 2:48 AM PDT
    • We pay commissions through either Payza (formerly AlertPay) or OKPay.

If you requested the commissions we would have sent the payment to Payza (default payment processor for commissions) and those commissions would be in a pending status. Basically the money is released from our eWallet with Payza and placed into your eWallet. We use the email address you have on file. If you have not added that email address to your Payza account you can do so very easily by logging into payza.com

As far as our ticket support system we use a 3rd party ticket system and they have their site offline while they are adding some extra features.

• June 14, 2012 2:32 AM PDT
    • I signed up for My Lead Company in December and have earned over $100 in commissions. When I tried to go to the My Lead Company "eWallet"  I clicked on Pay Commissions and selected Alert Pay.

The page now says "You have a payment pending. It will be paid the next business day".

I don't have an Alert Pay account yet. This seems very very much like a scam. How can they pay me if I have not got an alertpay account.

I went to the support link and it when I click on the support ticket button the page says "404 GONE FISHING. We're sorry. The page you requested is gone. And it may never come back." Comforting.

Does anyone know how I can contact the company or founder J.R. Jackson. I tried to find his info and found his facebook page and a link to an FTC complaint from years ago that makes me feel like My Lead Company is just another scam and I will never get my commission due.